Persistent visual bug after completeing Epistrophy: Badlands

+
I have a persistent visual bug after completing the Epistrophy: Badlands Quest for Delamain. Now everyone i call or get called by has the same corruption effect that the last delamain cab had and there is a ghost delamain behind the person who called (screen shot attached). This issue is persistent after a save and restart. Issue goes away if I load a earlier save before i completed the quest but any save after the bug returns. Any help will be appreciated but i think this save file might be toast.

Untitled.png

thank you! for the life of me I couldn't find that report issue page. granted i didn't look super hard and just ended up posting here

Did you do the Badlands mission Delamain mission last? I have the same bug. Did the any of the fixes they shared actually work? Trying them now.

yeah badlands last. made the most sense being the furthest one out. I put in a support ticket no luck yet.

Everyone, please give the devs time to work through the launch issues before expecting responses to individual report tickets. Just keep sending in the tickets. The more tickets are received about certain issues from different players, the more priority they're likely to receive.

But individual responses may be slow until the whole picture becomes clear.

Having the same issue. Did the badlands one last and all my calls have the glitch effect. Have you guys found any fixes?

Wanted to chime in I have the same bug and did Epistrophy: Badlands last. This carries forward even after a full reinstall. I had thought a "virus" infected V. I completed the Delemain arc fully and it is still there.

I fixed this bug by destroying the delamain cab in the badlands. Just drive to where the quest was and grenade it. Calls have been fine since.
1607841931243.png

So my dumb ass went and dug around in the trash heap for 20 minutes trying to find the cab, multiple hours after completing the mission, and blew it up. That does not work, for me at least. If anyone who has this bug wants to try that, here's a better look at the location on map and a screen of the location itself.
Screenshot 2020-12-13 062322.png

Screenshot 2020-12-13 062346.png

I have the same bug. Did the Badlands segment last and now the garbled phone calls persist, even after going back and destroying that cab. I submitted a ticket and got a reply back, saying that they're aware of the issue and working on it. Regardless of whether it's a canned response, at least that's one more ticket in the system. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I really don't wanna have to revert to an earlier save and try the quests in a different order just to keep this bug from popping up.

I noticed this bug seems to occur consistently if you get out of the cab while the corrupted Delamain is still talking to you. If you just hop straight out of the cab, he'll get cut off and then regular Delamain will call you and cut him off and then his call screen will be corrupted and constantly shifting. Then after that, everyone you call or calls you will have him in the background. I reloaded a bunch of times until I was finally able to proceed without this nasty glitch; you have to let the corrupted Delamain finish his ENTIRE dialogue and THEN you get out of the car. Give it about 10 seconds too just to be safe.

Once that happens, Delamain will call you, have a normal appearance in his call screen and no one should have him as an uninvited guest in the background anymore.

Hey, I got another visual problem. I'm playing on PS5 and I think I got this problem during the end of the mission with the GIM. Whenever I play the game I see these red bars - just like when I collapse caused by the biochip. Maybe someone has a solution.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 bug.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 bug.png
    3 MB · Views: 520
"
I noticed this bug seems to occur consistently if you get out of the cab while the corrupted Delamain is still talking to you. If you just hop straight out of the cab, he'll get cut off and then regular Delamain will call you and cut him off and then his call screen will be corrupted and constantly shifting. Then after that, everyone you call or calls you will have him in the background. I reloaded a bunch of times until I was finally able to proceed without this nasty glitch; you have to let the corrupted Delamain finish his ENTIRE dialogue and THEN you get out of the car. Give it about 10 seconds too just to be safe.

Once that happens, Delamain will call you, have a normal appearance in his call screen and no one should have him as an uninvited guest in the background anymore. "

THIS WORKED!! Thanks @Crim_Vicious dude, remaining in the car until the escaped cab is finished talking completely, waiting an extra 10 seconds and then leaving and now all phone calls and screens are normal! Thanks!

Same issue here, also reported; unfortunately I did the quest a few hours back, will have to live with it. I tried the fix posted but nothing worked besides going back prior to the mission.

I am still having the visual bug during phone calls as well 20+ hours after finishing all the delemain quests. The 1.05 quest was supposed to fix it but didn't.

When I go to Delemain HQ I also can't interact with anyone in the building

Well That answer that. I was wondering why Delamain was in every call.
Issue started after completing "Epistrophy: Badlands", likely exited too quick and I figured it would clear eventually, so I continued playing.
Sadly I'm way past the end of the quest so @Crim_Vicious solution is a no go for me as I do not have a previous save game :(
(Worth mentionning i'm playing on PC).

1.05 did bring up this "Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls." but it is still happening. in fact, I started this game after the 1.05 patch, so whatever was corrected seem to have been another issue (2 different causes for a similar issue ?!? what are the odds).

While not game breaking, it is immersion breaking.
Gonna hope this can be fixed after the quest is completed, else Delamain will remain with me haha

Top Bottom