• I don't care

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Personal inventory and saddle bags are enough

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • I want a personal chest, that's obligatory

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't imagine that there is no storage chest ingame ! No dev could forget that or intentionally not implement that in an RPG. It's simply essential.

This should be the first DLC - a storage chest in every tavern/inn. Saddle bags simply aren't enough for hoarders like us.

yea ive been asking this question to the devs and all for the past week and never got a straight up answer. Some people say there is, some say there isnt...when in reality no one knows...the devs know but i dont think there is a stash/chest/vault because they would have told us there was. you notice every dev NEVER says "No" EVER. they always have some way of avoiding the question....Im like the OP too...I save and loot EVERYTHING

Soooo are we going to get this storage chest or not??? Is kind of frustrating to have all those witcher armor/swords sets sitting in my inventory. Can't sell them because need upgrade, can't store them.....what am I supposed to do?

Guys, storage chest isn't needed. You can drop your equipment wherever you want and it stays there permanently. It's just not necessary to have a special chest, would be nice, but not worth the dev time IMO.

Guys, storage chest isn't needed. You can drop your equipment wherever you want and it stays there permanently. It's just not necessary to have a special chest, would be nice, but not worth the dev time IMO.

Nope. They've had to mess it up with I think patch 1.04. Before I had no problem with that, I did drop a lot of stuff near to fast travel point at Novigrad's market, about 8-9 groups of equipment divided by category like books, story items, relic swords, armors and other irrevelant things, and those stayed there always and never disappear. But when I drop any Witcher gear (colored green) it disappear when I get back there later. I lost my Kaer Mohren armor that way. And this was pre 1.04 patch. After 1.04 even standard items disappear after time. So because of that I thought I'll pawn any relic items I wanted to save in pawn shop cause his money restock really fast (and screw that the price for getting back item is about 5-10 times higher) and I found out that now any sold item to him also disappear from his store when you exit and talk to him again. Before he always had everything I sold to him. PS4 version by the way.

Nope. They've had to mess it up with I think patch 1.04. Before I had no problem with that, I did drop a lot of stuff near to fast travel point at Novigrad's market, about 8-9 groups of equipment divided by category like books, story items, relic swords, armors and other irrevelant things, and those stayed there always and never disappear. But when I drop any Witcher gear (colored green) it disappear when I get back there later. I lost my Kaer Mohren armor that way. And this was pre 1.04 patch. After 1.04 even standard items disappear after time. So because of that I thought I'll pawn any relic items I wanted to save in pawn shop cause his money restock really fast (and screw that the price for getting back item is about 5-10 times higher) and I found out that now any sold item to him also disappear from his store when you exit and talk to him again. Before he always had everything I sold to him. PS4 version by the way.

Oh, that's sad to hear. The devs messing with things like that is a real bummer! Sorry for the incorrect info then, I'll not be dropping any items anymore (unless I don't care if they disappear!)

I don't like the idea of having to travel to a fixed location/locations to access my inventory. A couple changes could easily make things better.

1. Armor/Weapons you have equipped don't add to your burden(I find myself shying away from heavy armor currently)

2. Reduce weight of Trophies to .01

3. Introduce a new tier of saddlebags etc.

It's terrible in TW2 - I use a weight loss mod (I suspect most of you do to). So there I am, 1000 orens short of what I need to buy Dragonscale Armour, and I *STILL* don't want to sell any of my 100 pieces of timber.

Rumor has it that there is a Lootaholics anonymous group in Oxenfurt. :D :D :D
*movieguy voice on* "Will Geralt of Rivia get his additicon lost or will he be crushed under tons of timber?" See it in our brandnew ER Novigrad Episode "The hapless hoarder" today at 9pm Milfgaardian central. :D ;)

Just drop your stuff in Novigrads Bank, Kaer Morhen or drop it on some beach in Skelliege and pretend that it's your hidden treasure.

... or just drop your shit anywhere you want and remember the location

I don't see a bloody point how would these storages change anythng

Last edited:
the whole "Inventory limit" thing is a very tired and unnecessary crpg cliché by now.

this game has made a few good steps in the direction of getting rid of old crpg traditions that somewhow stuck but made no sense (like forcing you to keep gathering/mining stuff, or fetch quests and the like), but there are still some of these that need getting rid of, hopefully in crpgs of the near future.

seriously, why do we need weight limit AT ALL?

is it any realistic that Geralt already has TONS of swords and stuffs on him all the time? or on his "horse" which may not even be present at the time you need said stuff, like in the depths of a dungeon? nope, it is already not realistic as it is. so why not just make inventory endless?

seriously, is there one player on earth who LIKES the hassle with inventory limits?

Top Bottom