Personal thought´s on missing aspects and lacking ones.

+
My general thought´s now, post release, 90 hours in and a longer break are many. Also, important to note is that these are simply just suggestions and thoughts. This is not a post to either defend or point any blame. I will simply add my suggestions / ideas in a neutral post.

My impressions in regards to how the game was hyped and presented, is that i am really missing out on a lot of aspects and systems. I have tried many ways to play, but in general, i feel locked into one main road that rarely differs and gives me an option. Right now, i don´t feel like logging back in and continue really, because it feels just like i am wasting my first experience really. I have many suggestions, but i will focus on only one in this post.

Ex: These additions to the game treats you in the same way no matter what.
* AI
* Combat
* Environment
This means that no matter how i play, the overall end result is the same. The enemy will attack me or respond to an attack, no matter what environment, situation, what sort of AI and no matter how i approach the situation.
I can fight indoors, or outside, the AI no matter what will ignore the surroundings and basically just act as targets with no value for life.
The AI ignores my loadout, approach and or level of violence. They simply feel unresponsive, and the second the fight ends, you feel nothing in terms of consequence.

What i had hope to see was an AI that reacted towards the situation with
* Closing off streets, buildings, areas for X amount of time with a proper perimeter for a properly long time of in-game time. No 10 min but rather a few in game days.
* Calls in reinforcements and await their arrival. Reinforcements comes with drones, riot-shields, gas etc and really ups the difficulty once you got caught.
* Random stops on the streets by foot or vehicle to check ID after you make yourself too noticeable and after too much fighting and attracting reinforcement troops.

This would give me as V the options of altering my playstyle towards
* Hacking and going full stealth.
* Investigate and base my loadout and gear depending on what i am about to do.
* Drain official troops or reinforcements towards certain areas to lessen the amount available at other areas.

I had imagined myself going very much full stealth as in Deus Ex or Hitman, but you end up more or less forcing yourself to RP going slow and easy, just to make anything of the situation. With all respect, the AI feels very unsatisfying, and as someone that has very few games i replay, i feel as mentioned in the start, that i am really wasting my first impression.
The world is full of areas with no use, and i just feel sad about not being able to use these to enrich my gameplay. AI was just one of them, and as a closing i will add a list of some others, just to point to how i see it.

* No option to eat/drink outside or in restaurants while checking messages, making calls, reading news etc.
* No option to alter my looks, cybernetics, augments or even tattoo´s or hair-color and style.
* No proper clothing mirror to try outfits out before a purchase.
* No walking option.
* No option to clean or make a mess / get more or less furniture to make my home as i want it.

* Al Gore's head from Futurama voice* My thoughts are once the bugs are fixed and they appease Sony we should get cut content in the form of updates and free DLC depending on the content.

Top Bottom