Peter only -2 strength in next patch ? ?

+
amgname;n8814270 said:
U seriously guys ?Like most broken card in game atm Peter is getting only -2 strength (fix) next patch ? im facing nilfgaard with Emhyr and imagine when im having 4 buffed reaver hunters and his last 4 cards are Peter, Decoy and Cahir and Tibor................. Make this dumb card relentless , this is getting like ridiculous especially with Emhyr getting buff next patch.

Imagine your opponent has 4 buffed reaver hunters and you have nothing to counter them. You're essentialy asking for your deck to become the new op meta deck. The game needs to be balanced tho. -2 for Peter might just do that. A lot of my wins and loses in open beta have been very tight so small changes like that can have a big impact to put a faction from slightly op to just right.

Flowneppets;n8819140 said:
Imagine your opponent has 4 buffed reaver hunters and you have nothing to counter them. You're essentialy asking for your deck to become the new op meta deck. The game needs to be balanced tho. -2 for Peter might just do that. A lot of my wins and loses in open beta have been very tight so small changes like that can have a big impact to put a faction from slightly op to just right.

Wait, what? Scorch, Igni, Villen, D.Bomb, Mardroeme, Coral, Merrigold's Hailstorm, Letho + D.Bomb, BTM?

You'd have to be a Nilfgaard player to believe there are no other perfectly viable counters than Peter - and be overly attached to him (and why not, he's a mindless auto-include regardless of deck).

NeedtoDie;n8818700 said:
[h=1]Mardroeme is a BRONZE neutral card with the same effect as Peter.
If peter was OP like that, Mardroeme would be staple in every deck.[/h]

This!

To be fair you can't decoy Mardroeme and it offers no power like Peter. Although I think lowering Peter to 4 Power would make him far too vulnerable and easy to wipe out.

4RM3D;n8818340 said:
I don't understand why players keep fussing about Peter and Auckes and not mention D-Bomb or Margarita or others like that. Probably because they either have tunnel vision or an unnatural hatred for all things Nilfgaard.

It's easy to not talk about Margarita when up until this next patch she was only in the worst faction in the game. That's a big difference.

cgidiot;n8818730 said:
because they havn't presented an argument to dispute? It's all just "I lost to a certain card, this shouldn't be allowed, but I don't want to adjust my strategy, so please remove the offending card so that I can keep using my current strategy unhindered".

In a void, peter was (is, currently) 9 strength (assuming you have a target), auckes is 6. The double lock can be brutal, or it can be meaningless.

Literally no one has said that.

Auckes is rarely meaningless. Most decks have stuff to lock that will help out tremendously.

Nimraphel;n8818810 said:
The counters are there: Mardroeme, Dimeritium Bomb. Scorch. Igni. Villen. Direct nukes, Bekker's Twisted Mirror. Succubus. Merrigold's Hailstorm. Milva. And many more... And yes, there would be complaints, at least I would, as I also illustrate above. I have also spoken out against Margarita, albeit more in the context of wildly differing power levels of faction-specific lock cards, but also for her extremely powerful effect compared to, say, Donar or Ciaran. The only "saving grace" for Margarita is that her two effects - lock and reset - are a bit anti-synergistic; if you lock a card, it's not necessarily the case that you care about resetting its strength.

It is not about anger; I don't run a deck that is vulnerable to Peter at all. It's about the health of the game, and the extent to which Peter can single-handedly shut down entire decks' win conditions or build-ups is ridiculous. He's a no-brainer auto-include that is always guaranteed great value far beyond what most Silvers can accomplish. He's too good in terms of raw power and versatility not to include.

Edit: Nilfgaard "fairly common match-up"?? You kidding?? Within my last 100 games in top 50, Nilfgaard accounts for 47% of my opponents. I can't speak for lower ranks, but a statistical overrepresentation like that is not just "fairly common", it's "holy sh*t, if each faction was a car, we just did a Chicago sunroof with rampant diarrhea on four of them and drove away in the Nilfgaardian limo."
Of all the ones you mentioned only igni is worth running. Borkh is heavily dependent on how you build your deck, the rest range from situational to terrible.
P.S.: If mardroeme is fine then a mardroeme with 4 extra power that take a silver slot is fine as well right?

A few posts have been edited / deleted. Please, feel free to promote your own, constructive arguments. Please, do not try to put down other's views. That is unconstructive and antagonistic.

StrykerxS77x;n8820780 said:
It's easy to not talk about Margarita when up until this next patch she was only in the worst faction in the game. That's a big difference.

Which is completely besides the point here, unless NG has some better way of using Peter than NR has of using Margarita. However, this isn't the case. So, just nerfing Peter because the faction is too strong, doesn't make any sense. The problem should be fixed at its roots, instead of breaking off a few random branches.

DMaster2;n8820820 said:
P.S.: If mardroeme is fine then a mardroeme with 4 extra power that take a silver slot is fine as well right?

Well, using this as an example: Adrenaline Rush [Neutral Spell] => Combat Engineer [NG Unit]

Then yes: Mardoeme [Neutral Spell] => Peter [NG Unit]

4RM3D;n8821220 said:
Which is completely besides the point here, unless NG has some better way of using Peter than NR has of using Margarita. However, this isn't the case. So, just nerfing Peter because the faction is too strong, doesn't make any sense. The problem should be fixed at its roots, instead of breaking off a few random branches.

I'm fairly sure the devs do take the faction into consideration right? Haven't you seen streamers or whoever saying that you can't completely compare faction cards because they have to be in context of the faction itself?

Peter is in the most used and one of the strongest factions, as well as the most well rounded faction in the game. Nerfing anything in the worst faction in the game just makes less sense and isn't priority. Also Margarita is serving as the factions lock. NG already has a double lock and honestly I would prefer that they are two seperate cards like NG has because It's a lot more rare to want to debuff and lock the same unit. Margarita is very versatile but I doubt it will be more powerful than the NG cards. I haven't used Margarita yet but I am sure I would trade it in a heart beat for a double lock card.

Nimraphel;n8819220 said:
Wait, what? Scorch, Igni, Villen, D.Bomb, Mardroeme, Coral, Merrigold's Hailstorm, Letho + D.Bomb, BTM?

You'd have to be a Nilfgaard player to believe there are no other perfectly viable counters than Peter - and be overly attached to him (and why not, he's a mindless auto-include regardless of deck).

You're completely missing the point. Having scorch or igni in hand would be even more devastating to reavers so why is Peter a problem? This thread is about Peter.

Without playing the new patch, it is hard to tell, but indeed it does not look like NG got enough nerfing (or other factions enough upping to counter NG).

Peter can be a devastating late-game play, and while some respondents and moderators are right to say that many other factions or neutral cards have similar abilities, the major point is always that with NG there are so many strong cards at every turn. Every play, it's another 10-15 pt bronze play, 12-18 pt silver play, 20+ pt gold play. Again, other factions have this, but not every card or it takes much more time to set things up. Take for instance the Monster ancient foglet, SK bear, NR trebuchet, or ST Vrihedd Dragoon. All are good solid bronze plays that can add up to 10+ pts after 4-5 turns... But NG's closest spy deck comparisons, RT and the Impera Brigade, usually hit 10 pts after 2 turns (of course RT is subject to opp cards, but that also means it can hit as a 15+ pt play at 2 turns; Imp Brigade can also land as a 10+ pt card). Even after the nerfing, the Vico medic gains bronze card +1 (not to even mention graveyard stealing) with Vico Novice followup on an ambassador gaining 11, again both bronze cards.

This is really it... it's not that Peter is so unbalanced alone. It's taken in context with the entire deck. Most NG players are able to use their entire deck, 25 cards, which is itself a huge advantage. Can one counter NG? Yes. But one has to have a strong pull from their deck and play extremely well, maybe even hoping the NG player messes up a bit.

Again, I'm willing to wait and see with all this, because it's hard to tell without playing, and some good, positive changes were made. But I'm doubtful the NG advantage has been successfully balanced.

Last edited:
-2 power on a silver unit is quite a big deal, if you consider the standard NG builds are getting hit by multiple power nerfs (-2 on vicovaro novice, -1 on golems, -1 on leader, -2 on eggbastard) the total value of the deck is getting much lower, all those changes will probably force diferent builds focusing on tempo or control and not the overall best on everything actual NG.

They still have the strongest thining and "disruption" themes similar to blue on magic and I think this is fair (fuc the guardian tho that card is total BS) as long as they have lower raw numbers than the other factions.

I hope CDPR keeps making hotfixes during beta to find a fine balance before full release and that they keep an eye not only on raw power but also unhealthy mechanics for the next big patch. I will be sure to abuse a lot on my completely buffed consume monsters, until they nerf it.

4RM3D;n8818340 said:
I don't understand why players keep fussing about Peter and Auckes and not mention D-Bomb or Margarita or others like that. Probably because they either have tunnel vision or an unnatural hatred for all things Nilfgaard.

No one is runing Margarita in NG decks you know ? and btw you cant emhyr or decoy a mardroeme or D bomb don't you ? Problem with peter is that it gives you a lot more than a relentless Operator, same problem with Auckes , dekoy him and you have half board in locks , do you think that is balanced ?

NeedtoDie;n8818700 said:
[h=1]Mardroeme is a BRONZE neutral card with the same effect as Peter.
If peter was OP like that, Mardroeme would be staple in every deck.[/h]

Can you use decoy, emhyr and cahir on Mardroeme ? don't get me wrong but Peter should become relentless

amgname;n8830510 said:
No one is runing Margarita in NG decks you know ? and btw you cant emhyr or decoy a mardroeme or D bomb don't you ? Problem with peter is that it gives you a lot more than a relentless Operator, same problem with Auckes , dekoy him and you have half board in locks , do you think that is balanced ?

NG does not have a better way of using Peter than NR has of using Margarita. And both can be Decoyed. Besides, you can make a NR control deck, even though it isn't as strong in open beta. Regardless, the problem doesn't lie with Peter, but rather with the lackluster archetype of NR. So, just nerfing Peter because the faction is too strong, doesn't make any sense. The problem should be fixed at its roots, instead of breaking off a few random branches.

Last edited:
PonamJP;n8827220 said:
-2 power on a silver unit is quite a big deal, if you consider the standard NG builds are getting hit by multiple power nerfs (-2 on vicovaro novice, -1 on golems, -1 on leader, -2 on eggbastard) the total value of the deck is getting much lower, all those changes will probably force diferent builds focusing on tempo or control and not the overall best on everything actual NG.

That's correct. The sum of nerfs will amount to about one bronze value less. That's a big deal when many wins are by just a few points in the current meta. Should be adequate that NG sees less play.
What annoys me a bit is to see people complaining about pretty much every NG card and want to see them gone or nerfed instead of appreciating how well the faction is designed. The goal should be that all the other factions get decks that are equaly versatile and can function in many configurations, not to nerf into the ground the one faction that already works really well from a design standpoint.

amgname;n8830550 said:
Can you use decoy, emhyr and cahir on Mardroeme ? don't get me wrong but Peter should become relentless

Decoy is another silver, you used 2 silvers (or a leader...) to use the power of one bronze card twice. I don't see your point, here. Peter can also be countered by splitting buffs and is utterly useless against SK strengthen mechanics.
At least when we talk about Auckes, I can see why he is considered OP and why decoy makes it even better, it's not like you can find double locks in a bronze neutral...

Calm down dude, its just Mardroeme with +4 str, what you really want for silver slot?

Last edited:
NeedtoDie;n8831230 said:
Decoy is another silver, you used 2 silvers (or a leader...) to use the power of one bronze card twice. I don't see your point, here. Peter can also be countered by splitting buffs and is utterly useless against SK strengthen mechanics.
At least when we talk about Auckes, I can see why he is considered OP and why decoy makes it even better, it's not like you can find double locks in a bronze neutral...

i wish i could decoy my operator and be like , what ? its not OP its just a 2x silver card use.

Top Bottom