Petition Against Cyberpunk Multiplayer.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is they are hiring people to work on the multiplayer and there is nothing you can do about it, you can just hope it will be a nice experience and not some PVP deathmatch type of thing because that won't last long no matter how special you make it look like on the other hand if its gonna be something similar to GTA online then maybe it has potential thats all and ofc they need to fix the game they released.
Those petitions trend makes absolutely 0 sense you literally make a petition loose meaning when people do things like this peitions are needed for other things and in this case is pointless.

For those are Disagreeing with this petition: So you say after you paid 60 $ or more for this game which is a disappointing buggy mess. You would pay anoher 60$ or more for an even more Buggy and Garbage mess which pulls Resources from Fixing The single-player game.

No sir, I disagree with your petition because it is fun to disagree [...].

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind a multi-player spin-off of the game as long as they manage to release a couple of single player expansions as well. Question is - do they have the resources to do that?

That is of course assuming the base game is patched and stable.
I won't mention names but on twitter they did confirm expansions are still planned but i don't think they coming in 2021 due to the delays maybe end of the year if everything goes planned :( , regardless tho expansions are needed for lore clarifications

For those are Disagreeing with this petition: So you say after you paid 60 $ or more for this game which is a disappointing buggy mess. You would pay anoher 60$ or more for an even more Buggy and Garbage mess which pulls Resources from Fixing The single-player game.

"Ok live with that life. You deserved it."
YES if it was done right every day of the week where talking cd red here while my faith is shaken its not EA or bEAware where they push sh.t out and when they cbf ( couldnt be fraked ) fixing it they dump it and move on!!

no idea what you are talking about because at the end of the day it's still up to your own decision to either play the multiplayer or just entirely avoid it to only play story mode. In fact you don't lose anything at all which you created a petition actually failed it's purpose.

This petition makes no sense. It is based on the assumption that the money and recourses will be "stolen" from fixing/improving the single-player version. Any proof about this? Naturally, the SP version should be improved first before people decide to play MP. I'm not interested in MP (anymore), but a lot of people are, so I don't see the problem here.
It invariably means that - and there is 2 components to it.
One is managerial priority - and i don't want to be intellectually insulting by explaining why MP will always be prioritised at the cost of SP.
The other part is that gameplays are mutually exclusive. The 'fair' and 'balanced' weapons and skills fit for PVP or even coop - unless one can properly implement weapon differences over distances and all of those distances are actually viable in gameplay (solely achievable by hardcore milsims not an action rpg) - all play identically, blandly and uninterestingly because in MP the interesting part is supposed to come from other players and weapons only need to be 'balanced'. Also for coop mission design can't be tied to cutscenes and specific vantage point/perspective triggers because other players are located elsewhere , dialogue must be entirely skippable and scripted interactions more basic to allow players dropping in and out. Also 3rd person on chars is high priority because others are seeing them in 3p.
If that is not enough - i don't know what is.

Last edited:
It invariably means that - and there is 2 components to it.
One is managerial priority - and i don't want to be intellectually insulting by explaining why MP will always be prioritised at the cost of SP.
The other part is that gameplays are mutually exclusive. The 'fair' and 'balanced' weapons and skills fit for PVP or even coop - unless one can properly implement weapon differences over distances and all of those distances are actually viable in gameplay (solely achievable by hardcore milsims not an action rpg) - all play identically, blandly and uninterestingly because in MP the interesting part is supposed to come from other players and weapons only need to be 'balanced'. Also for coop mission design can't be tied to cutscenes and specific vantage point/perspective triggers because other players are located elsewhere , dialogue must be entirely skippable and scripted interactions more basic to allow players dropping in and out. Also 3rd person on chars is high priority because others are seeing them in 3p.
If that is not enough - i don't know what is.
Hmm, did I say that I don't know the difference between SP and MP? All we know is that they are focused on the bugfixes and the DLC. If they announce that the promised bugfixes and DLC for SP will be delayed in favor of MP then it would make sense to complain. If they announce that they plan expansions but will delay them because of MP it would make sense to complain. All I see on their roadmap, for now, is focus on SP.

I am not interested in the MP at all, I will not play it 100%!
So it would be fine for me to spend the entire time in the single player!
There is so much to do that CDPR needs at least 1 year from now on (think even more than that)
to get roughly where they should have been at release.

1.2 will not even begin to fix that all!

There is no need for multiplayer. I want this game to become truly next gen, or atleast become as good as other big RPGs.

I thought CDPR said a different team is handling Multiplayer. Why does everyone think the main team is going to be doing all the work? Usually you have a second team work on a secondary features like this. I also assume that Multiplayer is on hold only because the base game is still buggy as all hell. Not working on the multiplayer is not going to speed up or improve the quality of the single player. Its like thinking building the car radio first will make the engine crappy. I'm pretty sure CDPR can handle multiple projects by now.

after this shitstorm i have 0 interest in anything cyberpunk related for a while. make ciri game then make cyberpunk 2 exclusive for nexgen systems.

I find that putting a multiplayer mod is a very bad idea, given the toxic number of players on the various games, you should not put any have seen what it gives on fallout 76 etc ...

As soon as I saw the word "garbage" I knew you just wanted to complain loud enough to be heard.

Let them make multiplayer if they want. Don't like it? Don't play it.

Why waste your energy trying to block it from someone else who might enjoy it? You got nothing else to do except try to piss in somebody else's cereal?

I think this thread has a far too aggressive a tone in the OP, and also in some replies. So, I'm gonna lock this and direct at least anti-multiplayer folks to this thread: Think I could do without multiplayer

No unnecessary aggression there, or attempting to speak for other people. Much better, in other words.

This super aggressive thread could have gone a long time ago, really.

There's also What about Multiplayer? you can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom