Petition Against Cyberpunk Multiplayer.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The developers created a richly detailed world that you barely get to discover in the single-player game. Yes, it's fun as it is, but I think multiplayer options/missions would go a long way to flesh out the game and help players feel more immersed in their environment.

Also, I feel like using Fallout 76 constitutes a bad faith argument. There have been innumerable successful multiplayer games. One failure does not make an argument against the form as a whole for one specific genre.

Last edited:
I don't see the appeal of more SP content when the game is what it is. A turd is still going to be a turd no matter how much glitter you sprinkle on it. That's why so many people want them to No Man Sky/Realm Reborn this game. It's not great even with the bugs fixed.

If the multiplayer offers everything (reasonable) people want from this game then I'll support it. But I hope the internet connectivity is optional like Dark Souls/Monster Hunter World and not mandatory like GTA Online.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a multiplayer Cyberpunk, but I don't think it's a good idea for technical and team experience reasons.

It would be CDPR's first serious multiplayer game. Going for such an ambitious multiplayer game as their first is inevitably going to have serious issues.
They need to start with something smaller and grow from there to build up internal experience, engine features and tools.
Beyond basics like low latency netcode, latency compensation and bug free state synchronization, there's persistence, server architecture and scaling, how to deal with cheaters.
It takes a long time to build up the competencies and support to deal with something of this scale.

Great examples of this were how GTA V and RDR2 were great single player games but the multiplayer is a complete cheater ridden technical mess.

Problems are not solved. CDPR had 3 AAA games released over the years I trusted them to they can deliver, a new experience they know how to deliver a game they learned from their mistakes and improved on them. They clearly don't, They lied and they delivered a poor experience.
The game could have been great and I'm sure it would have been if they didn't release it early because of greed. I consider it to be in an alpha state or a very very early release. This has nothing to do with knowing how to deliver. I have nothing against a mp game but I'll wait a few months after release before making the decision to buy it or not.

MP is not coming before 2023 and I want to play co-op with friends. I think it may be much better than base game. Big NO to the petition.

Problems are not solved. CDPR had 3 AAA games released over the years I trusted them to they can deliver, a new experience they know how to deliver a game they learned from their mistakes and improved on them. They clearly don't, They lied and they delivered a poor experience.

Only TW3 can be considered a AAA title, maybe maybe if you push for it TW2 is one, but TW1 even the EE are you joking?

Excuse my ignorance. Which Multiplayer can they produce based on the SP?Traffic Jam Simulator? How many players are needed to generate a total standstill in NC?
The game is 9 or 10/10 acc to CDPR, but wouldn't the shortcomings of AI and physics be much more of a problem in a MP version?

I want something like GTA Online, maybe with gang warfare. Pick a group, design your character around their theme, do open world battles with other groups, do heists, buy cars, apartments, cyberware, etc etc.
Would be cool but they have to implement solid anti-cheat Black ICE because GTA suffers big time because of modder scums.

Imo CDPR with hasted release of CB2077 put themselves into corner. If there are plans to build successful MP, it need big success in singleplayer - a game which we have now. And there even players like myself (who enjoyed and still enjoy play) are not blind to numerous issues and poorly (or very basic) implemented numerous features ... all of this gives a numerous reasons to be very careful about anything newly released from CDPR. And there are also ongoing lawsuits which puts another pressure on them. Personally I hope that they want, and ideally also do not have other option, as to improve CB2077 as much as is only possible before they go for MP game in Night City environment.

Pufty

Forum regular
Let's be real - Gatekeeping a game won't do much damage to a game that already did it to itself. You may have a strong stance against MP coming out, but with seeing how SP has come out, there's nothing in need of doing or saying as everyone's just gonna avoid anything to do with it until there is some sort of 100% guarantee it isn't hot garbage.

Before they even announce MP to come out, they HAVE to get MP in a favorable position. Imagine the comments already if SP is left the way it is. I know that I liked the story of the game, I played my part, but my trust is gone, so no MP for me. The market is saturated enough for me to look for something worth my time. Either it's the waiting game until the game is fixed that I will buy into it or I will just never consider supporting their next step.

For a move like this, CDPR gets the minimal amount out of my pocket, but if it was all a great release, I would've bought merch, donated almost even and continued supporting by 'blindly' buying in faith. I just like to imagine that this same sentiment may be shared with someone else here, so to prove that their greed didn't pay.

There is only one thing I don't find acceptable is having a skill tree that doesn't really work. Perks that are not activated or that are only activated once. That breaks the game or damages the experience.
As the post says, a multiplayer will be a very bad investment if you can't debug the main game. I totally agree that more time and energy should be invested in the single player mode, it has already been developed, it just requires a lot of adjustments. The potential for DLC or Side Story is huge here, don't let it go to waste CDPR.

Not specificaaly for the reasons or arguments noted by TO but I also rather not see MP in cyberpunk.
We've got more than enough MP garbage out there and for once I'm glad a game arrived that didnt adhere to the same artificial idea of needing 'competitve'-MP tacked on.

Zero interest in CP2077 multiplayer.
I would rather like single player bugs\glitches fixed. PC drawing distance (LOD) sorted out. Then expansion DLCs rolled alongside with adding some requested things. Simple stuff like minimap scaling accordingly to vehicle speed would be nice.

mbrto

Forum regular
im having a hard time taking this seriously since op is calling my favourite game garbage.

but i would prefer cdpr to invest in sp instead of mp.
i love the singleplayer and id like to see more of that.

The only thing I want from MP. is the 3rd person animations to be ported to the main game. And enable 3rd person mode for everything else not involving the sit down cut scenes.

knowing CDPR they won't ask for cash to play multiplayer. they are giving out DLC for free just like with witcher 3 i think? with that said they will do the same for multiplayer. no point in paying more than intended when those ideas is part of the game progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom