Petition Against Cyberpunk Multiplayer.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
imo the great thing of MP is that the ingame AI would not be something for the user and devs to need to worry so much as any current npc in single player could be a potential real player, any Trauma Team character, NC Police officer, food stall seller, club bouncer, any Valentino, Tyger, anyone could be anything... the gamer could be playing a "single player" game in a multiplayer mode. Organized factions created by real players, real fixers... I think there's a lot of potential here to be honest, the key here would may be perfecting skills in Single player before diving into MP as a Merc in example, or you could start playing in MP right from the bat as a homeless and try to raise your stats, but that would turn out a lot more difficult since you`d be playing against legendary NC mercs from the beginning.. food for thought?

imo the great thing of MP is that the ingame AI would not be something for the user and devs to need to worry so much as any current npc in single player could be a potential real player, any Trauma Team character, NC Police officer, food stall seller, club bouncer, any Valentino, Tyger, anyone could be anything... the gamer could be playing a "single player" game in a multiplayer mode. Organized factions created by real players, real fixers... I think there's a lot of potential here to be honest, the key here would may be perfecting skills in Single player before diving into MP as a Merc in example, or you could start playing in MP right from the bat as a homeless and try to raise your stats, but that would turn out a lot more difficult since you`d be playing against legendary NC mercs from the beginning.. food for thought?

its unlikely their MP game would be a sandbox MMO

more likely small groups of players could do various types of content together

The last thing I need from CDPR is a Cyberpunk multiplayer game. They excel at single player storytelling and they should stick to it.
Gameplay-wise, their games feel clunky, underdeveloped and lack smoothness needed for an enjoyable online experience. Outside of main story there is little joy in fooling around with their games' mechanics. Rockstar had a great foundation for the multiplayer to be built up on. GTA had working traffic system, police chases were an actual feature, physics were fun to look at and AI was passable.

What does CP2077 have? Disappearing vehicles & crowds, script-based chases, laughable physics and no AI. Will anyone take them seriously when CDPR start to market it as "a next generation of multiplayer experience"? They lost huge amounts of good will and now they want to follow it with their first attempt at a micro-transactions based, large multiplayer release?

Just fix this game to an acceptable state and bring on The Witcher 4.

Last edited:
They lost huge amounts of good will and now they want to follow it with their first attempt at a micro-transactions based, large multiplayer release?

This. I have no interest in MP games in general, but back when CDPR announced it, I kept an open mind based on their previous demonstration of good will. This capital has now been spent, and I am back to not wanting anything to do with MP.

Well they're never actually going to change this game into what they spent 4 years marketing it as so I may as well have a shitty multiplayer game to go with my shitty single player game I paid £50 for. As long as it's free with the single player game. I certainly won't be paying another penny more for this abortion of a game.

First of all
Can Cdprojekt Red afford private network servers? anti hack / cheat system ?

I still do not know how the microtransactions will be added, they mentioned them.

if it is aesthetic, a mod can replicate it
If it's Eurodollar money like shark cards, the game's economy can already be broken.
If it is exclusive content, it will fall badly and more if it is p2w

and I don't think they will reach the multiplayer pvp / pve if the SP is broken.
Don't forget the lack of animations and third person. The problem with the AI Behavior Tree.

First of all
Can Cdprojekt Red afford private network servers? anti hack / cheat system ?

There's no way I'm gonna trust CDPR with personal info, especially payment information after they got hacked. How can I trust them to protect my data when they can't even protect theirs?

Multiplayer will be the best part of all his :cool:
do missions, combat in Night City together with other players in coop or pvp will be awesome!

SP will have some more patches, don't worry

I know for sure that i don't want a MP game from CDPR. Not only that it would be wasted resources that can be put towards finishing CP2077 / polishing the DLCs, and the development of the new Witcher game - but personally i stopped playing MP games long ago - not interested in wasting my time. I need another world i can escape to, a story and characters i can explore.

I say a hard "no" to CP2077 multiplayer.

At this point it's a genuine concern they're wasting time on MP. Consider that SP is almost entirely devoid of original or innovative game mechanics. Just how do they plan on making MP stand out?

I would never sign the petition. I'm waiting for multi since it was announced but I'm aware it won't be released sooner than in 2023 (let's hope so).
Seperate dev team works on and it's going to be free for people who own the game. They mentioned monetization only for cosmetic stuff, for people who want to own fancy panties.
I want to enjoy NC with my old and potentially new friends.

"PETITION AGAINST CYBERPUNK MULTIPLAYER."
"A Paid Cyberpunk Multiplayer Game? After this Garbage Single-player Release? HELL NO!"

I've decided NOT to sign the petition.

If I was against a multiplayer version of CP77, it was only because I have not so fine experience with the multiplayer of another game that consisted out of PvP, and where all adjustments to accommodate PvP, were all at the cost of the single player playing experience of PvE. Features that PvE players were used to, all of a sudden could no longer be used, and/or were no longer offered, because they were considered an exploit in PvP.

Another reason to be against multiplayer is RE3R, where supposedly, half the content of the game was sacrificed to accommodate a multiplayer game that eventually no one played. On that accord, yes, I would vote NOT to have multiplayer. But not for the reason you mention, which I, sorry to say, wholly disagree with.

You see, multiplayer have a rep. to bring in much needed extra revenue, (renting of servers), which can be used to develop and evolve CP77 further, which I am all for. So the game could grow and sustain itself independently of other projects.

I would suggest for a CP77 multiplayer to be PvE based though, like FF14, where a team of players goes against the game instead of against each other. Could also proof balancing the game to be a whole lot easier.

Wish you luck though.

Last edited:
I have no interest in anything to do with Cyberpunk multiplayer; I rather want to see more single player content; it would be such a shame if CDPR pulled a R* when they completely abandoned GTA V single player content when they decided to milk GTA Online and only deliver new content for that crap;

I have nothing against a MP CP2077 game. The game has incredible potential both as an SP and a MP game. Right now my only point of opposition to it is that CDPR hasn't demonstrated, in my opinion, that they'd be able to pull off an MP game. Especially one that could be played and keep players interested for months.

Mark my words though - multiplayer is happening. They confirmed it and this "petition" isn't going to change anything. Might as well accept it and try to provide constructive feedback and ideas as to how they could make it the best possible game they can.

Would like additional play time with the cyberpunk world to be honest.
Could be a relatively good experience.
A lot of good points from people in the thread, for either side of the argument.
HAYTE mentioned the (technical) developments in the multiplayer could then be used to enhance the main game. :)

The idea that all the focus on multiplayer will take the resources away from fixing the core game. :(
Good points I think.

Of course, another reason against it is.... People. Or rather, other players. :p
Constant squabbling and negativity seem to be the norm for so many online games.
Wah camping, wah nerf, wah OP ability and/or build, wah teabag, wah get good, wah rude messages, wah lag, wah having to carry someone, wah rage quit, wah cross play, wah AFK, wah crutch weapons, wah M&K.....
Lol you get the idea. :D
I mean, If you thought the forums were depressing now, wait til multiplayer.

Every time I find that I've built up a little bit of faith in humanity I just head over to the D2 Bungie forums and poof, problem solved. (Watching two guys hideously insult each other based on their game stats is really something.)

Hoping when cp2077 multiplayer comes it'll be something different.

gonna have to agree with the minority would love to see a gta online type cyberpunk 2077 game and while now reluctant after the mess which is cyberpunk 2077 ..
i would pay to play a cyberpunk 2077 mmo of sorts BUT and a BIG BUT show us solid fixes and content in the actual single player game first so we can regain some of that trust we put into cd red after witcher 3 before you start thinking or entertaining us with the thought of a multi player cyberpunk!!

you have a long way to go to regain the trust back!!
Post automatically merged:

Would like additional play time with the cyberpunk world to be honest.
Could be a relatively good experience.
A lot of good points from people in the thread, for either side of the argument.
HAYTE mentioned the (technical) developments in the multiplayer could then be used to enhance the main game. :)

The idea that all the focus on multiplayer will take the resources away from fixing the core game. :(
Good points I think.

Of course, another reason against it is.... People. Or rather, other players. :p
Constant squabbling and negativity seem to be the norm for so many online games.
Wah camping, wah nerf, wah OP ability and/or build, wah teabag, wah get good, wah rude messages, wah lag, wah having to carry someone, wah rage quit, wah cross play, wah AFK, wah crutch weapons, wah M&K.....
Lol you get the idea. :D
I mean, If you thought the forums were depressing now, wait til multiplayer.

Every time I find that I've built up a little bit of faith in humanity I just head over to the D2 Bungie forums and poof, problem solved. (Watching two guys hideously insult each other based on their game stats is really something.)

Hoping when cp2077 multiplayer comes it'll be something different.
kinda welcome to the world i mean be it gta destiny bdo twitter reddit facebook you tube any type of social media, mmo etc etc your going to get players fighting over stupid pathetic stuff because my opinion is right and yours is not and you dont know me and i dont know you so i can insult you and vise versa ...
There is always going to be this type of behaviour so id be happy with a cyberpunk mmo type game and just ignore the idiots seems a shame to let bad behaved people that are everywhere ruin the possibility of a awesome concept a mmo type game set in a cyberpunk world ...hell yes if its done right :)

Last edited:
got it fam, wrote up a bit.

Though my actual reason is - if i see bunnyhopping in circle one more time in this life i'll throw up

This petition makes no sense. It is based on the assumption that the money and recourses will be "stolen" from fixing/improving the single-player version. Any proof about this? Naturally, the SP version should be improved first before people decide to play MP. I'm not interested in MP (anymore), but a lot of people are, so I don't see the problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom