Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks for sharing this news with us!

Although not quite what we're hoping for, it looks like a bundle of what's already released all in one edition. Would be interesting to see if anything extra is included.

Hey, thanks for sharing this news with us!

Although not quite what we're hoping for, it looks like a bundle of what's already released all in one edition. Would be interesting to see if anything extra is included.

No worries, my friend, it was my pleasure to help! :p

Indeed, it's not really what all of us had in mind, but it is a step in the right direction when doing a fresh install for instance. With the Game of the Year Edition, we will no longer have to install the base game and then wait for the patches, DLC and expansions to also download and install, so at least there's that to look forward to! ;)

That will mostly benefit pagans who know no better but to keep the game installed at all times ;)

All jokes aside, guess GOTY is off the table, as far as labeling for this thread goes. We may have to settle for EE or LFTA.

Any fix or change in the main story?

No details have been revealed yet, only that there will be a GOTY edition. Although that and the short description given suggests no substantial (if any) new content. Maybe if there is something WIP, we will see parts of it in the next patch (I found nothing in 1.22). ;)

All jokes aside, guess GOTY is off the table, as far as labeling for this thread goes. We may have to settle for EE or LFTA.

Why would any sane person prefer a GOTY edition to an Enhanced Edition? A GOTY edition would only appeal to those people who haven't played the game yet. I'm definitely not going to shell out any money for content that I already own.

Dont know if its true, but on Gamestar a dev should have said in a interview " If there will ever be a Goty, it will not just be a simple package".
Loosely translated.
If its true, i missed that in the interviews, or missed one entire interview.

Well, lets wait and see.
But as far as I know cdpr, I think that there is still something more might come to us

And i'm not talking about content now ( that's for the EE), but maybe better graphics ..there was something in the past...:teeth:
And maybe some other Tweaks are possible.

Btw, now i have even more hopes for an EE now.
CDPR said earlier also , there are no plans for a Goty in future ( interview right before B&W release) ..and now its coming , even when it's not surprising.

Last edited:
CDPR said earlier also , there are no plans for a Goty in future ( interview right before B&W release) ..and now its coming , even when it's not surprising.

Actually, in this interview about a month before Blood and Wine it was said that they might consider a GOTY edition, so it was not ruled out. On the other hand, if the rumor about a 26th August release date is correct, then I doubt it could add any major new content, especially with the small team that is still working on the game.

Last edited:
IIRC they said they don't have plans for an GOTY :huh:
Hm, maybe i'm getting old.... :D

Last edited:
Actually, in this interview about a month before Blood and Wine it was said that they might consider a GOTY edition, so it was not ruled out.

I think GOTY doesn't mean EE there. It simply means bundling it all together. Enhanced edition means actually improved one (different engine, and etc.). I only saw it mentioned in the past. Nothing recently.

---------- Updated at 12:38 PM ----------

Here are sources that discuss potential EE (directly or indirectly):

http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3...ormance-challenges-dx12-redengine-3-mods-more
Rashid Sayed: Are there any plans to use Mantle or DX 12 features in The Witcher 3? May be post launch?

Balazs Torok: There are definitely plans for exploring different graphics APIs, post launch. Right now we are concentrating on providing the best possible game for the majority of our players.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on
The billowing smoke and roaring fire from the trailer? "It's a global system and it will kill PC because transparencies - without DirectX 12 it does't work good in every game." So he killed it for the greater good, and he focused on making sure the 5000 doors in Novigrad worked instead.

https://gamezine.de/enhanced-edition-von-the-witcher-3-durchaus-im-bereich-des-moeglichen.html (translated)

First, he stated that they would still see at least the next two years updates and improvements for The Witcher. 3 They want to work to bring the game visually on the level at which it had during the first presentations - before the "downgrade", which actually was none yes * cough *. Iwinsky stated that he would play himself on the PC, because this version of his opinion, which was graphically best easy - also because you could, for example, play with a resolution of 4K. Nevertheless, the console versions would be extremely important for the company. Without the console versions, it would not given The Witcher 3 and eliminate the brackets in the development, is simply impossible. A console version would achieve a lot more players than with a PC-exclusive title.

Iwinsky also not hard to imagine that one could eventually publish a Enhanced Edition of The Witcher. 3 Currently, there are probably still no concrete plans. However, it is not to be thought unreasonable that the company published in perhaps two years a version that includes all previous updates, DLC and improvements and this brings new as Enhanced Edition on the market. Now, however, first be focused on further updates and the upcoming addon.

Last edited:
First, he stated that they would still see at least the next two years updates and improvements for The Witcher. 3 They want to work to bring the game visually on the level at which it had during the first presentations - before the "downgrade", which actually was none yes * cough *. Iwinsky stated that he would play himself on the PC, because this version of his opinion, which was graphically best easy - also because you could, for example, play with a resolution of 4K. Nevertheless, the console versions would be extremely important for the company. Without the console versions, it would not given The Witcher 3 and eliminate the brackets in the development, is simply impossible. A console version would achieve a lot more players than with a PC-exclusive title.

Iwinsky also not hard to imagine that one could eventually publish a Enhanced Edition of The Witcher. 3 Currently, there are probably still no concrete plans. However, it is not to be thought unreasonable that the company published in perhaps two years a version that includes all previous updates, DLC and improvements and this brings new as Enhanced Edition on the market. Now, however, first be focused on further updates and the upcoming addon.

This.

Dont know how often i posted this in this forum too ... :D
There are still hopes. People are too pessimistic.

Also, as long no Dev clearly says there will never be a EE , no one should really worry.
Actually they are avoiding this topic only for now.

Also, as long no Dev clearly says there will never be a EE , no one should really worry.
Actually they are avoiding this topic only for now.

There is reason for concern though, since CDPR said that everyone moved away to CP2077, and there is no talent left to refactor TW3. How are they going to make an EE then? They didn't say it won't happen, but it doesn't seem it can happen given the current situation. In the context of Linux release (which could be tied to EE and engine refactoring), they said they are "exploring the options" but currently have no people. It means they don't have any clear path / plans about it all.

Last edited:
Nice, though not entirely unexpected. Being the game with the most GOTY awards in videogame history, it more than deserves a GOTY version. I've accepted that an EE is out of the question at this point, but there's still a little part of me holding out hope.

There is reason for concern though, since CDPR said that everyone moved away to CP2077, and there is no talent left to refactor TW3. How are they going to make an EE then? .

Well, after the release of Witcher 1 , the Team moved to Witcher 2 . But a few made the EE.
After the release of Witcher 2, the Team moved to witcher 3, but again a few made a EE Edition.
I think the same will happen now with Witcher 3. I dont think every person moved now to the cyperpunk project.

:yes

Well, after the release of Witcher 1 , the Team moved to Witcher 2 . But a few made the EE.
After the release of Witcher 2, the Team moved to witcher 3, but again a few made a EE Edition.
I think the same will happen now with Witcher 3. I dont think every person moved now to the cyperpunk project.

Of course, someone needs to work on GWENT, too. And there is even another AAA RPG (in addition to Cyberpunk 2077) in the plans to be released until 2021, some early development (concept stage at least) might have started on that as well. We'll see, but it could very well be that we got the expansions and larger patches - and of course the GOTY edition - instead of the enhanced edition, those are what the Witcher team worked on over the year following the game's release.

Guys the talk about an Enhanced edition is not about ADDING content,it's about FIXING content. They need to fix some quests that have been stated already like reason of state and the aweful post ending state of the game after the ending. I don't think they need their whole team to do this so I believe we will have an enhanced edition patch in that sense

Guys the talk about an Enhanced edition is not about ADDING content,it's about FIXING content. They need to fix some quests that have been stated already like reason of state and the aweful post ending state of the game after the ending. I don't think they need their whole team to do this so I believe we will have an enhanced edition patch in that sense

They did add new content in the enhanced edition of the previous game, two secondary quests in Chapter 3. But "fixing" quests would technically still involve new content, voice acting, cutscenes, etc. And going back to a quest made by other people (as the original writers and quest designers probably moved on to different projects by now) and trying to fix it in a major way could be as hard as just making a new quest instead. I think the post ending state was addressed with the guests at Corvo Bianco in Blood and Wine, even if this is a relatively minor addition and would still need some polishing and bug fixing.

I wish too an EE with the return of Iorveth, more Wild Hunt and new quest. At least an access for the modders and an editor .
The only way we have is HOPE.

I shall be even ready to pay if needed so PLEASE TAKE MY MONNEY!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom