Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like an enhanced edition that introduces an immersive in game gambling system, similar to Dice Poker and being able to romance NPC's like Tomira & the sword master var attre twin and a host of other ladies. Geralt seems too politically correct in Witcher 3, it's like he sold out or something. I will say this, had CDPR kept it real, they probably wouldn't of made as much money, so they did the right thing by selling out to open world, political correctness and immersion breaking card games like gwent. It's all about that money in the end.

I have played both previous games only in the Enhanced Edition, so I can't say how much their updates improved the original games, however if I look at what was added
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/The_Witcher:_Enhanced_Edition
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/The_Witcher_2:_Enhanced_Edition

Actually, most of those look like improvements to the graphics, voice acting, and gameplay, and fixing a number of bugs. These kinds of changes are already being made in the patches, and only TW1 really needed the improvements to graphics and voice acting. TW2:EE also added and improved cutscenes, and there are two new quests in chapter 3 (one for Iorveth's and another for Roche's path). So, even if an enhanced edition for TW3 is going to be made, chances are it will not include quite as extensive content changes as some of the suggestions here would require.

Actually, most of those look like improvements to the graphics, voice acting, and gameplay, and fixing a number of bugs. These kinds of changes are already being made in the patches, and only TW1 really needed the improvements to graphics and voice acting. TW2:EE also added and improved cutscenes, and there are two new quests in chapter 3 (one for Iorveth's and another for Roche's path). So, even if an enhanced edition for TW3 is going to be made, chances are it will not include quite as extensive content changes as some of the suggestions here would require.

That might be right for W1, but even W1 got new quests:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition also contains a completely new and enhanced version the D'jinni Adventure Editor and two new official fully-voiced adventures: "The Price of Neutrality" and "Side Effects".

Witcher 2 got much more than just an technical overhaul.

New Quests in Chapter III
New Transitional Cinematics
Final Boards
New Movie – 'Witchers'
New Game Intro
New Game Outro
New Locations
Additional Cut Scenes

None of that is only a technical aspect of the game.

It's utopistic to expect that they rewrite parts of the story or even just act 3, but it isn't unlikely that they can add another quest or cut scenes to explain things, which are so far rather vague.

That might be right for W1, but even W1 got new quests:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition also contains a completely new and enhanced version the D'jinni Adventure Editor and two new official fully-voiced adventures: "The Price of Neutrality" and "Side Effects".

Those are more like DLCs or expansions, as they are separate from the main story of the game.

It's utopistic to expect that they rewrite parts of the story or even just act 3, but it isn't unlikely that they can add another quest or cut scenes to explain things, which are so far rather vague.

Yes, that is possible. It would probably only happen after the paid DLCs are released, though, since those are the main priority right now.

I wouln't mind an Enhance Edition but not gonna pay for it. If the devs want, let them make it.

What's done is done. Just hire a good story writer for Cyberpunk. That thread about how Yennefer was missing from her own family is also something I noticed as I played.

Thanks for your input and votes guys, our support for the idea of polished Witcher 3 runs strong.

I feel like the upcoming patch and expansion soon after will be a great indicator on how much can be done. Really excited about it.

I feel like the upcoming patch and expansion soon after will be a great indicator on how much can be done. Really excited about it.

After seeing the leak, I expect only small (and not very well written) content changes in the patch, and there is apparently a lot of effort put into the (paid) expansions. Not sure what that indicates regarding a hypothetical enhanced edition, though.

Last edited:
Since that TW3 is the last story about Geralt (as main protagonist...I still hope for return in this world one day with a new-old characters) - EE is more than welcome.

What I want from EE? Better representation consequnces of choices, that I made, refined endings with information about more characters fate, more dialogues with characters about past, present and future, more information about White Frost (is it done with it? Or it still threaten the worlds?) and so-so-so many things in this manner.

Hello CD Projekt,

First of all, THANK YOU for what you did. I almost cry of happiness everytime I play.

I personally have one wish for the EE: unleash the beauty of the game.
Just allow us to push video settings VERY far. I will play this game for many years and I want it to exploit all my future horsepower.

By very far, I mean:
- give the possibility to disable popping, in every way. When I move away from a town, houses progressively loose in detail, shadows are not displayed, etc. Some buildings even have several level of details depending of the distance. No more of that! Just put a warning like "hey, this setting needs an incredibly amount of power".
- give an option to increase view distance! Push this frog far away.
- more and heavier antialiasing options
- ubersampling, cause even now, it makes Witcher 2 look gorgeous
- heavier textures.

I love you CD Projekt.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Solely in the interests of minimising potential confusion, the title has been revised.

Hey thanks for keeping the peace.

I guess it's a matter of perspective when is a game finished. Would you say Witcher 3 was a finished product on release, in comparison to what it is now?
How about Witcher 1 and Witcher 2? On release, and now?

The idea behind this thread, and it's titles, is to make Witcher 3 as close to being perfect is humanly possible. Quite clearly, a large amount of people agrees on what could be done to make it better.

There should be no mistake, this is out of love for the game and all the work devs have put in it so far.

After playing Hearts of Stone, I would literally sell my soul to the devil for the EE to happen, and actually it being an excellent EE that fixes most if not all plot-holes the last act has at this point.

Like many people stated on the forum, playing HoS made the last act of W3 that much worse because the expansion showed that they they CAN fix most of them, but they won't because they have expansions to deal with (even though HoS was absolutely amazing and it had the best RPG quest I have ever played and I am really excited for Blood and Wine).

Problem is, there aren't that enough people actively asking for the Enhanced Edition to happen, really hope more people join on the bandwagon, because judging from recent decisions by CDPR, it shows that is the best way to pressure them to do add-ons is just to keep asking them.

The latest interview with Adam has awoken some curiosity, in regards to the further plans.

"In a translated interview of the a Polish business show Money, Adam Kicinski CEO of CD Projekt managed to be very open about what CDPR is working on, along with the process of making The Witcher 3. When talking about the plans for CDPR he outlined that: “This and the next year will be devoted to The Witcher. Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas. They should help us animate sales in 2016. The game is selling so well, that we are convinced there are still many people who will buy it if we promote it further.”"

I know it's a longshot, but what he's saying correlates to what we're talking about in this thread.

It would really drop the bomb in the gaming industry if they decide to take a few more fan suggestions on board.

After playing Hearts of Stone, I would literally sell my soul to the devil for the EE to happen, and actually it being an excellent EE that fixes most if not all plot-holes the last act has at this point.

Like many people stated on the forum, playing HoS made the last act of W3 that much worse because the expansion showed that they they CAN fix most of them, but they won't because they have expansions to deal with (even though HoS was absolutely amazing and it had the best RPG quest I have ever played and I am really excited for Blood and Wine).

Problem is, there aren't that enough people actively asking for the Enhanced Edition to happen, really hope more people join on the bandwagon, because judging from recent decisions by CDPR, it shows that is the best way to pressure them to do add-ons is just to keep asking them.

I remember reading an article with Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz or one of the other REDs where he discussed cut content. He mentioned something about there being a quest in which Geralt was supposed to masquerade as a member of the Wild Hunt and infiltrate their group. It would have allowed the player to become more acquainted with the antagonist and their motivations before the final showdown. I would really like to see something like that in an Enhanced Edition. Ge'els was also a pretty intriguing character.

It would really drop the bomb in the gaming industry if they decide to take a few more fan suggestions on board.

As much as an unpopular opinion this is going to be, I would rather not have content (story) changes made based on fan suggestions. CDPR know very well where they needed to make compromises to be able to release The Witcher 3 on 19th May, and can improve those areas to get the game closer to what it was planned to be like without advice from fans.

As much as an unpopular opinion this is going to be, I would rather not have content (story) changes made based on fan suggestions. CDPR know very well where they needed to make compromises to be able to release The Witcher 3 on 19th May, and can improve those areas to get the game closer to what it was planned to be like without advice from fans.

Considering the added dialogue lines they added for the waifu stuff, I definitely agree.

I know what you're trying to say, but just because they took one unsavory fan suggestion on board, which to be fair does not change that part of the game any worse than it was in vanilla (Triss romance), does not mean all fan suggestions are bad.
Some of the topics from my first post in this thread talk about deep and meaningful parts of the game, better connection with Sapkowski's books, character development and ulterior motives exploration.

But yes, I'm pretty sure CDPR know where they took shortcuts even without us pointing it out for them, and would not at all mind if they decided to fix those in a glorious Enhanced edition, with or without fan input :)

I know what you're trying to say, but just because they took one unsavory fan suggestion on board, which to be fair does not change that part of the game any worse than it was in vanilla (Triss romance), does not mean all fan suggestions are bad.

Well, in the case of that particular suggestion, CDPR did admit that there are problems in the game that they recognize themselves, but in case an enhanced edition is going to be made, it would have been a better idea to implement a better thought out fix (that addresses more than just romance) in that than a hastily thrown together patch. However, some of the suggestions in the OP are in some sense worse, because they either want to change things (story, characters, endings) that are the way they are in the game intentionally, or are just asking for too much.

Given that the enhanced edition of the previous game only added 2 new quests (mainly to expand the short third chapter with more gameplay) and some better cutscenes, an overhaul of the last third of the game or a change to its fundamental narrative structure is unlikely to happen. It is also not reasonable to demand changes to how characters are portrayed (even if they are different from the books, they are likely different for a reason), or to the endings or other major events in the story. New characters will probably not be added to the game in cameo roles just because fans asked for them (they may still appear in a third expansion if one was going to be made after all). I also do not see the point in having "Yennefer of Vengerberg" on the list, why is there a need to add more of the character that already has the most screen time in the game by far, and more importantly not incomplete or unfinished content in any way ? And if I recall correctly, this particular suggestion has been rejected already by the developers.

Better Witcher 2 save import would be good, although I think it is probably a low priority for CDPR. It would not be too hard to improve it so that at least dialogues react better to the imported choices, but it is unlikely that real meaningful consequences would be implemented.

The game "no longer treating the players like adults" is unfortunate, but I am afraid it is something that will most likely not be changed, as it is an intentional compromise to be able to reach a wider audience.

some of the suggestions in the OP are in some sense worse, because they either want to change things (story, characters, endings) that are the way they are in the game intentionally, or are just asking for too much.
You know for a fact all of it is there intentionally? Would contradict a recent interview where CDPR explains they were so engrossed with the open world, by the time they reached the last chapter of the game it was too late to develop it deeper. From memory they were particularly referring to the Wild Hunt and Eredin.

Given that the enhanced edition of the previous game only added 2 new quests (mainly to expand the short third chapter with more gameplay) and some better cutscenes, an overhaul of the last third of the game or a change to its fundamental narrative structure is unlikely to happen. It is also not reasonable to demand changes to how characters are portrayed (even if they are different from the books, they are likely different for a reason), or to the endings or other major events in the story. New characters will probably not be added to the game in cameo roles just because fans asked for them (they may still appear in a third expansion if one was going to be made after all). I also do not see the point in having "Yennefer of Vengerberg" on the list, why is there a need to add more of the character that already has the most screen time in the game by far, and more importantly not incomplete or unfinished content in any way ? And if I recall correctly, this particular suggestion has been rejected already by the developers.
It seems most of the popular points made by the community are causing your some ire, but keep in mind this topic is not about going into details on WHAT should be added to the Enhanced Edition, but WHY and HOW Enhanced Edition should and could be realized.

I personally do not think the ENTIRE third of the game can be redone, but I also think it's engaging and constructive to discuss it all in great details, and often passion, thus showing CDPR we're involved with their work, that we care about it and would love to see it be the best it can be.
It seems you've completely missed the point with Yennefer, but I have no intention on going deeper into that discussion. And I personally agree cameo appearance would not work, and that the expansions serve as a perfect distraction / continuation for those who've finished the main game. On that note, I'll remove that thread link, thanks for pointing it out.
Really, the bottom line is, all those threads, ideas and suggestions are there for CDPR to use, or not, as they see fit.

Better Witcher 2 save import would be good, although I think it is probably a low priority for CDPR. It would not be too hard to improve it so that at least dialogues react better to the imported choices, but it is unlikely that real meaningful consequences would be implemented.
It's a fine suggestion and one I'm sure it's been brought up, in particular the lack of Iorveth, Saskia, and Roche and Philipa inconsistency. Similar suggestions have been floating around, about Avallac'h, Eredin, Yennefer, Ciri etc. little dialogues/cut scenes that would offer extra goodness, without disrupting the main choice / consequence of the game.

I have not listed any technical suggestions in the OP, but I figured those will be refined over time, with or without EE. Although, suggestion for making Redkit2 available is probably the most significant in that area.

If you're keen to point out some threads you deem worthy of the EE cause, please feel free to do so. OP is there for everyone who would like to see EE become reality.

You know for a fact all of it is there intentionally? Would contradict a recent interview where CDPR explains they were so engrossed with the open world, by the time they reached the last chapter of the game it was too late to develop it deeper. From memory they were particularly referring to the Wild Hunt and Eredin.

I did not say anything specifically about the Wild Hunt or Eredin. It is entirely possible that there would be some improvements in that area, at least with a reworked final battle and better cutscenes and flashbacks.

It seems you've completely missed the point with Yennefer, but I have no intention on going deeper into that discussion.

The OP does not explain why it is there (let alone listed as first), but if you actually meant the suggestion from this thread, then I am against it, and do not like the idea of the relationships of the main characters changed in such ways, regardless of how it was in the books.

It's a fine suggestion and one I'm sure it's been brought up, in particular the lack of Iorveth, Saskia, and Roche and Philipa inconsistency.

If Iorveth and Saskia were cut for story reasons (well, the latter was not even planned in the first place), then adding them as actual NPCs just to have them in the game may fall into the "cameo" category. But I cannot tell for sure why Iorveth was deleted, only CDPR know the real reasons. More dialogues about Iorveth etc. depending on the choices from the save import would be good, nevertheless.

I have not listed any technical suggestions in the OP, but I figured those will be refined over time, with or without EE. Although, suggestion for making Redkit2 available is probably the most significant in that area.

Having a REDkit released for The Witcher 3 would be great, although it is not a suggestion specific to an enhanced edition (even if both may end up being released at the same time). The topic has been brought up on the modding forum, but responses from the developers unfortunately do not seem to be positive so far.

Edit: voted "no" for now. Given that realistically an enhanced edition would probably not add much new content (judging from previous EEs), a third expansion may be better after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom