Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Final push for the first 100 votes, we can do it guys!

I've added two more worthy threads to the front page, anyone finds something new and interesting, please let me know.

Of course would buy but would like to see what being Enhanced actually entails.

My personal conditions to open my wallet are:
1) Add a relevant Iorveth path for those that chose him in TW2
2) Improve Triss romance to make it feel equal to the one with Yen
3) Overall improve dialogues to better reflect your ingame choices and TW2 decisions.

If these three conditions are met then sure I'm all for paying for an Enhanced Edition.

Well, they are fixing Triss, so that's checked off the list.

So far, from what I can tell on the popular threads, there is a big demand on getting Witcher 2 decisions and characters (Iorveth and Saskia) added, tidying up Ciri, Eredin needs a lot of work, and to be fair Yennefer deserves more content considering this is her only game. Djikstra ending is another big one that could easily be fixed.
I've added most of these threads to the front page.

Small tweaks are reasonable to expect as a free update, but if they need more paid expansions to get the 100%, it would be my pleasure to support them.

I have faith that CD Projekt Red will listen to its fans and make the necessary changes to its great game. It is as we all know a competent developer who listens to its fanbase and with the proper constructive criticism I believe we can get them to make these changes. In another post I said my piece on what has to change to make the game perfect. Instead of going on and on I will make a short list which I think will suffice.

* Leave Avallach as a traitor in the end. Keep him as a behind the scenes villain and make him the final boss.
* Develop Eredin. Give him a few cutscenes to make him a worthy antagonist.
* I am not sure about future plans but the lack of Iorveth should be corrected. I was never a massive fan of his and I have always preferred Roche but he has to be in it for the people that chose to support his cause. If nothing else just have him in a side quest to show his struggle.
* This next suggestion isn't important but it would be fantastic if it were to be included. Have Dethmold appear for those who accidentally let him escape. He could appear in a side quest with Roche.

I realise that I am asking for a lot but from what I gather these are things the players want to see. The top two suggestions are definitely the most popular and most important choices but if all four suggestions were included then this game could not be faulted.

Eredin and the Wild Hunt should have more screentime.
The White Frost needs more explanations.
The itemization should be revisited (as long with the armor design, I know that this is about my personal tastes but, goddamit, I don't like almost the 90% of armor in the game. There aren't simple doublets and leather jackets, but just plate armor and overdetailed suits.).

This is already probably my favorite game of all time, though I'll need a few months to marinate before finalizing that. But hell yeah, shut up and take my money. I'd gladly pay another $60 to see all the scrapped or unfinished content restored, along with the addition of new content that addresses the numerous (but often trivial) gripes that a lot of us have with this amazing game.

Last edited:
Added Yennefer thread, can't believe I've missed that jewel this long.

Almost 200 votes, not bad at all for a Suggestions sub forum :)

Agree with OP!

Thanks a lot for organizing all those helpful links in one thread!

I'd take the liberty of suggesting this link, regarding some "technical and quality of life" suggestions.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Let me start off by quickly putting in place a huge thanks and congrats to the whole team at CDPR for making this game, you guys are the best.

Please hear me out, this is NOT about going into detail on WHAT needs to be added, but rather WHY and HOW it can and should be added into the game.

I've noticed a common denominator for pretty much everyone, whether on Reddit, forums or real life, who's beaten the game, discussing impressions, and is willing to offer more than a one liner.
It's pretty much unanimous "the game is amazing, but certain bits felt lacking/unexplored/cut short".

For those living under a rock, here's a few good examples from people who've invested a lot to express these common impressions in clean, eloquent detail:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40716-Yennefer-of-Vengerberg-(all-spoilers)
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-of-the-game-is-a-bad-hot-mess-major-spoilers!!!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...cher-2-decisions-and-content-in-The-Witcher-3
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46839-Eredin-says-12-sentences-during-the-whole-game-and
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...longer-treat-the-players-like-adults-SPOILERS
http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3b73nq/major_spoilers_why_i_believe_relationship/
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ish-were-fixed-Dijkstra-and-Saskia-(spoilers)
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/47021-Final-Boss-Difficulty
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51269-Cirilla-Fiona-Elen-Riannon-discussion-thread

Now, here is the part we haven't talked about in detail. How on Earth do you expect CDRED to create a whole third of the game extra content?
It would be completely impractical from business point of view. The sheer amount of funds required to bring the writing team together, voice acting team together, and worst of all, figure out how to implement all these changes without ruining all the good things in the game, is just overwhelming.
And on top of it all, How and Why should CDPR undertake this huge project for the price of one game, especially when they've ALREADY over-delivered beyond all expectations?
All these points above are quite on point, and I salute your business acumen if you've thought of it and dismissed the "enhanced edition" argument.

But, what if we show them we are willing to pay for extra content? What if the funds for this undertaking are right under their noses, hiding in plain sight?

Ask yourself this, would you pay the price of an expansion to see the rest of the game being so completely and deeply developed like the Bloody Baron quest or the battle of Kaer Morhen?
Would you not gladly PREORDER the promise of Eredin and Avallac'h having extra screen time, and their motives/decisions brought closer to us?
How petty is a bit of money, if it means we get to see Saskia and Iorveth, if it means we get to feast on ambrosia and nectar of the Gods in enjoying a proper, all main character/places involving ending resolution instead of chewing on that $1 economy burger with embedded toenail short narration from Dandilion?
Let me ask you this brothers and sisters, would you not gladly throw you hard earned money at CDRED with abandon, to see Relationships and Romances fully explored, especially between Geralt and Triss, but also between Geralt and Ciri, Triss and Yen, and Ciri and Yen?

I'd gladly pay again the price of a FULL game to see these things above addressed! OK, let's calm down a notch and think rationally.

The price of a full game to expand already released game seems a bit too much, considering the previous two games had their upgrades for free. Plenty of other games out there, like Wasteland 2, getting a complete overhaul for free.
That's all true and on point, except Witcher 3 is not just any game, it is the richest, most incredibly written and developed game ever made and it's a conclusion to the saga of Geralt. If you think about it, one side quest in Witcher 3 is better in every way than many publisher's entire library.
Why not make the WHOLE game like it, all 100% of it?

It's not about paying extra for one game, it's about helping CDRED to create and leave behind a LEGACY FOR THE AGES, an immortal testament of the crowning achievement in gaming industry.
And enjoying the living shit out of it by replaying it over and over again, til the end of times!

edit1:
A perhaps more enticing idea for CDPR? Don't matter what's it called, as long as it get better.

edit2: Triss thread removed, that's one off the list, but still a long way to go. We're cheering for you CDPR!

I would pay gladly for something like this.

We need a directors cut

This game is surely one of the best RPG-s out there. It has quit a few flaws but some of them weigh heavy like the whole Wild Hunt plot (Eredin, Caranthir, Imlerith), others like gameplay not that much. The narrative of the third act is maybe some of the greatest problems of the game. As stated before, too much gamers mentioned already that they are not satisfied with the characterization of the Wild Hunt villains (Eredin, Caranthir, Imlerith) and even important characters like Avallach are too wagely portraited (the same applies for Triss).

The enhanced edition could be a welcome directors cut (remember Blade Runner) that could flatten many flaws and improve much of the narrative with additional scenes, dialogues and other things essential to the storyline. It wouldn't be easy though but there are too many threads in the forums showing that we as players suffered too much from the narrative inconsistancy. We just spent so much emotions and got ourselves so deep into the lore that we have an urge for a great closing of Geralts story. Patches could fix small (or large) gameplay problems, but this game needs the enhanced edition treatment desperately. It needs not a extended edition but furthermore a directors cut that would add all the cut content from the game that was sacrificed for what reasons ever (not enough ressources, not enough time, release date postponed, and so on...).

Players have the feeling that too many things are missing and they are right (Saskia, Iorveth) and many think that characters crucial to the story were underdeveloped (Eredin, Imlerith, Caranthir). I know that the critics were extraodrdinary well for The Witcher 3, but this isn't so much about pleasing the critics but giving the players the closing to Geralts story his legend deserves.

This is exactly the message I was trying to convey. CDPR has a history of underselling their games, in comparison to other big franchises, so perhaps it's time for them to earn a bit more with Witcher 3.

They certainly deserve it.

Sure they deserve it.
Equally true is, every fan of the witcher franchise deserves a witcher game with well draftet characters and story worth to be told.

I think we'll see some more improvements when the expansions come out. Developers can only justify adding so much content to a game without earning additional revenue. I don't know if all the improvements they've made so far are equal to the EE's of 1 and 2 (it's probably not.) But they have done quite a bit.

I think once the expansions come out we'll see some of the more expensive improvements people have been asking for. Like tweaks to the Triss romance and whatnot. The second expansion doesn't even come out for 6 months so there's plenty of time for them to make improvments. And I'm still hoping they make more than one expansion.

Well, they are fixing Triss, so that's checked off the list.

From the available information (leaked dialogue, and comments from the developers), the changes in the upcoming content patch look more like tweaks than a real "fix". Of course, that is better than nothing, but I do not think it would be unreasonable to still include more extensive improvements as one of the suggested changes on the list if there is enough demand.

Maybe I'm overly cynical but is it a good idea to tell CDPR that they can count on a buck just by fixing issues that should have been fixed prior to release. I still love the company though.

Most of the issues I've highlighted are around characters, plot and such. Did not go into detail on technical issues, those I too expect to be fully fixed free of charge.

Anything not technical requires delicate, almost surgical approach and effort from the entire team, which is why I think it's only fair they make extra for it.

My enthusiasm is somewhat diminished by now, and will continue to recede until I see the quality of the announced "Triss update" and the first expansion. I should point out, these I expect to be on a whole new quality and effort level from the "free DLC" updates.

It will serve to gauge just how seriously are they taking our suggestions here, and how far they are willing to go to make this the best game it can be.
Speak with actions, and I'm ready to listen.

Hmm actually if CDPR would release a big quest pack for the old locations ( example from your post - seriously what the heck happened to the beggar king?). My biggest problem is that Dijkstra one of my favorite characters went apeshit at the end which was completly out character.

Besides what you Didn't mention the real cancer of this game is the meaningles skill system and the Gothic inspired idea of environmental odds that stop you from progressing . The joke is that the only thing that matters is that your chance of succes depends only on your level and gear not skills. And in the formentioned Gothic you start out as a weakling, in witcher 3 you're already the legendary monster slayer that get's killed by some ghouls.

Because s ghoul gets a damage multiplier when he's 5 levels above you.

all of the stuff mentionned in the OP, as well as the threads mentionned, is VERY important and i agree with most of it :D
i hope CDPR noticed them -prays-

My enthusiasm is somewhat diminished by now, and will continue to recede until I see the quality of the announced "Triss update"

As mentioned above, you can get an idea about that by looking at this leaked dialogue. Note that it is in fact also a Yennefer update, and there are about 15 more lines between Geralt and Yennefer not shown in the linked dialogue. It may also not be the final version yet, and more could be added later. The changes are fairly small nevertheless, so if nearly 1000 pages of complaints about an aspect of the game that is really lacking were only enough for these tweaks, I would admittedly not have very high expectations regarding the other issues either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom