Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Enhanced Edition has to be sensible form a return on investment point-of-view. It has to generate sales that otherwise wouldn't happen.

I don't totally agree with you. IMO, an Enhanced Edition can be useful for CD Projekt even if it's not an immediate return of investment.

An Enhanced Edition is a long term investment.
Because of such things, CD Projekt conquered gamer's hearts, and earned their respect and admiration. Because of such things, everyone know that what CD Projekt is an awesome studio, who do things right and who represent the better in gaming industry. Earning and maintain a such enviable reputation seems a good investment to me.

That said... Take my money, dammit =)

It's not about paying extra for one game, it's about helping CDRED to create and leave behind a LEGACY FOR THE AGES, an immortal testament of the crowning achievement in gaming industry.
And enjoying the living shit out of it by replaying it over and over again, til the end of times!

It's so well said.. I couldn't agree more. *shed a tear*.

Last edited:
I'm looking right now...Wild Hunt : 204 GOTY awards, with nothing even close in comparison in one of the strongest years for video games. And we all know, that despite all the effort that went into patching, it still is very much rough around the edges.
EE based on player feedback would definitely pay off financially in the long run. Dammit CDPR, you are so close to Ocarina finishing line.

I'm looking right now...Wild Hunt : 204 GOTY awards, with nothing even close in comparison in one of the strongest years for video games. And we all know, that despite all the effort that went into patching, it still is very much rough around the edges.
EE based on player feedback would definitely pay off financially in the long run.

There are still more patches coming, and with BaW, some new features will be introduced as well, and a number of new monsters. The game will continue to be patched until the end of 2016. So, even without an EE (which was never promised for TW3), a fair amount of improvements can be made. Regarding changes based on player feedback, I think those are best limited to gameplay and technical aspects.

Why not include W1 and W2 with W3 into some kind legacy edition. Improved and optimized all Witcher games into one product. I definitely buy that one!

That would be great, although unfortunately I doubt it is likely to ever happen. And with the limited modding tools, there is not much chance of something like Skywind or Skyblivion, either. Although assuming that the first two games were to be remade, there is also the question how close the remakes would be to the originals in terms of story, characters, map and quest design, atmosphere, and other aspects. Some changes like making the games open world would have quite significant effects on their design.

I have no doubt that CD Project Red will release an enhanced edition at some point. I think the people in the studio are already so used to the concept of polishing the game one final time before saying it farewell from their previous games so much that even they dont question it.

But I have also no doubt that CD project cant resist to call it this time simply GOTY Edition, because first time they have so unchallenged right to use that word.

But I have also no doubt that CD project cant resist to call it this time simply GOTY Edition, because first time they have so unchallenged right to use that word.

They can release both: the enhanced edition is just the base game with all the patches and some improvements/new features/minor new content, while the GOTY edition also includes the two expansions at a discounted price.

a GOTY edition doesn't prevent them from releasing enhancements on the game as well. In my opinion a GOTY with improvements on the main game+plus the 2 expansions will be one hell of a package and will make the last marketing boom,same as legendary edition did with skyrim.

Everyone benefits from an Enhanced Game of the Year Edition,both CD Project and the players

They've wasted three monthS on doing a patch of 600 mb. It's obvious that the majority of their teams are working now on Cyberpunk so it's highly unprobable an EE

They've wasted three monthS on doing a patch of 600 mb. It's obvious that the majority of their teams are working now on Cyberpunk so it's highly unprobable an EE

It also depends on what the BaW team will do after the expansion is finished. If they are all moved to Cyberpunk, then a decent EE is indeed unlikely. But if a significant enough percentage of those people continues to work on TW3, then in half a year it is still possible to make some notable additions to the game.

I have to say I fully agree with the OP, while I definetly acknowledge the tremendous effort CDPR has sunk into this behemoth of a game, there are some glaring issues with it restraining it from being a legendary game. It is an interesting question if it is justified to pay for the changes proposed, since we got substantial improvements in the latest Witcher games when they received the "enhanced" treatment.

I would probably pay for it though, since I agree with the suggested changes and I acknowledge it would be unfeasible to undertake such an endeavour for free. As to my expectations whether it will happen or not is something completely different however, and although I remain skeptical as to if this glorious event actually will transpire, I guess all the witcher fans will have to wait and see until after BaW is released and what the general attitude is at CDPR.

Great thread! I'm a new fan and Witcher 3 is one of the best and most satisfying gaming experiences I've ever went through. It's astonishing how much CDPR was able to create on such a tight budget (for an open world game), and I couldn't thank them more. However, that makes the game's couple story issues that much more noticeable. The first two Acts IMO are perfect, great character development, engrossing world building, etc. With it all climaxing at the Battle for Kaer Morhen. The third act is very good, with lots of great moments/missions and fantastic endings, but it also holds my only issues with the game's story.

-The Aen Elle and Wild Hunt. I expected much more from these guys. We got glimpses of their world with the dimension travelling mission and both Avvalach and Ge'els are both intriguing characters. And I felt they did the best they could with Imlerith, he was just the big broading muscle and his boss battle was perhaps the best in the base game. Eredin and Caranthir needed much more development, however. There was a lot of opportunity there and it unfortunately wasn't used. CDPR even acknowledged this, so that makes me believe they had more planned, but time and money was short.

-Novigrad's conclusion. This for me was the only area in the game that wasn't great all the way through. Velen, Skellige and Kaer Morhen were all handled perfectly well from beginning to end, Novigrad meanwhile was handled oddly. In the last Act, characters like Priscilla, The King of Beggars, and Cleaver all disappear off the face of the planet, meanwhile characters like Hemmelfart don't even make an appearance. Then there comes my biggest issues, the lack of a siege and Dijkstra going full retard. There was a decent amount of build up to Novigrad possibly having to defend itself from Radovid and/or Emhyr, yet you return to the city with Radovid hanging out there with ZERO explanation. Nothing! It felt like a missed opportunity to give the war storyline some extra tension and weight, and they could've given Dijkstra a better way of betraying Roche amongst a battle that's not out of character.

-This isn't as big an issue for me as the first two, but it was slightly disappointing for your choices from II to more or less mean jack shit. I wasn't hoping for anything game altering, but stuff more than simple extra dialogue. The biggest thing is definitely the lack of Iorveth and Saskia. I sided with Roche on my playthrough in II, but at least 30-40% of the fans of II picked Iorveth right? It's not right that they get completely screwed over. CDPR should've found a way to incorporate them, meaningful choices or not.

In short, I would gladly pay full price for an Enhanced Edition that fixed these problems. I'm not saying this trying to make CDPR feel like they did a bad job and owe us something, but that they did such a great job and these issues being fixed would bring the game to perfection. Even additions as simple as (a lengthy Iorveth/Saskia side mission, a mission that shows Ciri's time with Eredin that fleshes out all the relationships and better explains the White Frost, Dandelion explaining to Geralt how Radovid took the city and an alternate ending to the Reason of State mission) would be more than enough.

yar. i all up for that. i never would have thought, that w3 is as good as it is. i normally favour games from the snes, ps1 or old pc times but the quality of this game just stood up and if they would rework some of the weaker parts of this game, i would gladly buy it at full price again. i can't stress out enough, how good this game is.
tbh. the weakest parts in my opinion were the romance stories between geralt and triss/yennefer. so cliche and the only time when the music just bugged me instead of making my jaw drop.

if there is to be an enhanced edition for tw3 it must have a similar track to this one
[video]https://youtu.be/W4kzvOT_frY?t=56[/video]

:geraltfeelgood:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom