Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Novigrad's conclusion. This for me was the only area in the game that wasn't great all the way through. Velen, Skellige and Kaer Morhen were all handled perfectly well from beginning to end, Novigrad meanwhile was handled oddly. In the last Act, characters like Priscilla, The King of Beggars, and Cleaver all disappear off the face of the planet, meanwhile characters like Hemmelfart don't even make an appearance.

There are so many characters in Novigrad that it is not surprising that many of them could not be fully developed (well, in fact, all of them have problems in the final act). Even in the current state, Novigrad has more content than any of the other major areas (Velen, Skellige, Kaer Morhen).

Then there comes my biggest issues, the lack of a siege and Dijkstra going full retard. There was a decent amount of build up to Novigrad possibly having to defend itself from Radovid and/or Emhyr, yet you return to the city with Radovid hanging out there with ZERO explanation. Nothing! It felt like a missed opportunity to give the war storyline some extra tension and weight, and they could've given Dijkstra a better way of betraying Roche amongst a battle that's not out of character.

There is another thread that discusses this particular issue and how it could be improved here.

There are so many characters in Novigrad that it is not surprising that many of them could not be fully developed (well, in fact, all of them have problems in the final act). Even in the current state, Novigrad has more content than any of the other major areas (Velen, Skellige, Kaer Morhen).

True enough, still it is disappointing and I'd like to see it be addressed. I wanted to see Priscilla post Carnal Sins, maybe have her be with Dandelion when you and Ciri first enter the Chameleon. Then when everyone's leaving for Skellige, you see her, Dandelion and Zoltan watching on the docks. And with Cleaver, the King of Beggars, Hemmelfart and Mary La Valette, have them all be involved with Radovid's assassination, which would be given more weight and scope rather than a little back ally skirmish.

Priscilla had her spotlight and served the story perfectly.

But, I also felt like Francis was underutilized, it looked like something was building up with him.
It doesn't feel right him and Cleaver missing Dijkstra and his overtaking games, and the whole assassination aftermath could have had triple or quad cross, with multiple choices and endings.

I don't mind a slight offtopic if it brings up good points or quality conversation.

Okay so no EE edition, I get it. Still, I recently bought a PS4, and I've been wanting to play TW3 for quite a while now. Should I wait until the 5th February? Can we reasonably expect a sort of GOTY edition, or maybe a price drop?

In my opinion, the GOTY Edition is 110% sure.And by GOTY I mean the main game+expansions in one package. If an Enhanced Edition comes out,it will be given for free to the vanilla editions as a patch, like the 2 last enhanced editions

As for the 5th of February,if something is announced then,i doubt it will be the GOTY/Enhanced Edition. More like the main trailer for the next expansion.

I believe that the GOTY will be announced after the release of Blood and Wine expansion,makes sense from a marketing aspect.

Last edited:
As for the 5th of February,if something is announced then,i doubt it will be the GOTY/Enhanced Edition. More like the main trailer for the next expansion.

Or just the physical version of the game on XB1 (and maybe other platforms) updated to include all patches, and a few retailers advertised that as the enhanced edition by mistake. But it is only a guess.

This game doesn't need an enhanced edition, but it would greatly benefit from one. Just look at what Techland, another Polish developer is doing with Dying Light. They are releasing an enhanced edition which improves graphics, A.I, gameplay, audio and other things.. They got this straight from CDPR, who originated the term "Enhanced Edition."

The Witcher 3 would greatly benefit from an enhanced edition, to show CDPR's commitment to supporting their game. But, these same improvements could easily be just rolled into a major patch release.. Either way, the end results are the same..

But I have to admit that "Enhanced Edition" sounds better :D

This seems like a no-brainer.

If the game sold over 6 million copies and has won several numbers of awards and accolades, it is logical to presume a big portion of those buyers liked the game and would be happy to see it improved, extended and polished and would gladly pay full price again if the changes were of enough consequence and merit.

If you made X amount of money by selling ~6 million copies why not make X amount of money by selling possibly the same amount but this time for a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the time required to make the original game?

Like I said, no-brainer.

The time is ripe now, a year after release, with all DLC and both expansions soon finished and the game still fresh -but not green- on the player's minds; there could be no better time.

Games like fallout 4 and Skyrim sold so well, because they were based on well established franchises with a solid player-base. You too have a solid player-base now; take advantage of it and, for the moment, stop investing your limited resources in new IPs.

Get your shit together, look at the feedback your fans have provided and release an engaging and mature enhanced edition that will possibly make you more profits than the original game and send off The Legend of Geralt of Rivia with the farewell it deserves.

Totally agree with you guys! This game needs a GOTY or Enhanced Version. Especially because there is sooo much stuff you could integrate (relationships, romances, other stuff). It would be so nice to see something like that! Even if it costs an X amount of money. This is the perfect possibility to finish the storyline the way it deserves it.
The game in its status now is perfect - but there is still space for improving some factors. Especially the end which is a little bit "dead" without the NPCs in the world and stuff.

I would absolutely purchase it! No matter if you're releasing more DLCs or putting all of it together into a big GOTY Edition.

Nah. I think they should learn from EA Games and release Blood & Wine tomorrow, scrap all support on wednesday, and for good measure release Cyberpunk two years early.

Kidding, kidding!
Please don't hurt me!

But on a more serious note: I would absolutely love an Enhanced Edition.

Hi there guys!

My 1st post on internet forum after 10 years! This game was so good, that it made me actually do it. As I have read numerous times, many people were bothered by the same things as I was. Act I and most of Act II of the game was just pure extasy, the 3rd one seemed kind of rushed. I totally agree with OP about most things, three most important things for me were:- Triss romance seemed like it almost stopped after her Novigrad departure, almost nothing in Kaer Morhen and 2 scenes afterwards. Thank god I did not play the game before patch 1.10.
- Djikstra - that dude was my fauvorite character in the books, and he lived up to expectations in the game, up until the last quest. That was so totally not him. If he really wanted to get rid of Temerian dudes/Geralt, he wouldnt have done it in that way, when he knew what kind of fighter are Roche, Geralt and Ves. He would have made some kind of deal with them or something
- The ending - the little Dandellions explanation was definatelly not enough in the end. I mean, I spent 3 games with Triss, Dandellion and Zoltan and thats what you get? You can at least visit Dandellion and Zoltan afterwards, but they have the same conversation as half a game before. Only one I found was Keira in Kear Morhen, who at least commented on her relationship with Lambert, though it seemed more like a bug that she was still at Vesemirs pyre. So the ending was quite a dissapoitment after first 60 hours of extasy.

I would trade all bandit camps and hidden treasures and stuff for some small adjustments. For me it was more about story and characters, than anything else.

I would gladly buy Enhanced Edition, if these things posted by OP/me/many other ppl were fixed. Hell, I would even buy it for the same price as the original, if that would be the case. Actually, I never though I would say this - but if they fix these things, I dare to say this game is the best game I have ever played - never though that i would play a better game than Baldurs Gate 2, but I never remember game making such a huge impact on me before (might be also because I am quite a big fan of books). Just as the OP wrote, this game could be a legacy - and hopefully will be. It is almost perfect and even now in my ranking it stands along games like Baldurs Gate, Fallout 2 and Final Fantasy 7/9 - yet there is still room for improvement and hopefully we will see it :)

Respect to CDPR for making almost perfect game! And keep up the good work!

Nah. I think they should learn from EA Games and release Blood & Wine tomorrow, scrap all support on wednesday, and for good measure release Cyberpunk two years early.

Kidding, kidding!
Please don't hurt me!

*gives them an atomic wedgie* Sorry, but it had to be done. Karma satisfied.

I voted for "Shut up and take my money!" Nuff said. I remember when they added a fill it out DLC to Mass Effect 3 and it was so good. I would totally buy this game and start it from scatch all over again, no save file carry over for New Game +, if they remastered and filled it out. Hell, double the price of the original Limited/Collectors Edition and take away the Geralt and the Gryphon statue and I'd still pre-order it and stand in line around the block for it. I'd even settle for a quick little fill out DLC like what they did for Mass Effect 3, but I vote for the "fill it out until the seams burst" version!

Absolutely would pay again, but only if all content is on disc! (Pointless to me and I'm sure many others in Australia otherwise, PS4, no available internet, stated before so wont go into it again).

Maybe they could release the Skellige Gwent cards with a GOTY version!

While I agree that there should be a GOTY or EE for TW3, I am still reminded of a lot of posters on this very CDPR forum boards saying that this is a fitting end to TW3 and that CDPR has been doing only The Witcher for over a decade and that they should finally give it a rest and move on. A "Finish at the Top" if you will.

I'm sure that, scratch that, I'm positive that people get burnt out doing the same thing over & over again. But, in the same breath, CDPR did just expand their company adding 500 new jobs (Congrats to CDPR, btw). I do see nothing wrong with doing a mixture of experienced Witcher programmers working with some of the noobs, to hash out a GOTY or EE.

We all know they want to shift to CP2077 (I personally have no clue or, for that matter, even care what it is about.). So I think that, while we all want either GOTY or EE, I also look at the reality smacking us in the face. They are burnt & want to move forward. Kudos to the OP and all of the supporters. But I am a realist, and view CDPR not touching the franchise for at least 5 years. Or, worse case scenario, dropping it completely.

The story of Geralt & his world has given me a broad rage of emotions. And I'm not even saying that it was the games that did it, it was mainly all of the books. From 23 Sept. 2015 - sometime in May, I had read all of the books, either in physical English translated books, or fan created English translated because the English book version has yet to be released. I'm hooked. CDPR could bleed me dry in the money department. But I'm sorry , I just don't see this happening.

Again, I'm a realist and I want to be wrong on this. I honestly do want to be wrong.

​BadWolf

But I'm sorry , I just don't see this happening.

CDPR said themselves it's possible. It's probably the only chance to get the Linux version of TW3 too, since CDPR obviously aren't going to work on it anymore using the older engine. So I'd wait for another year or so. If they'll act like nothing is supposed to happen, I'll agree with you that they ditched the idea completely, because after some time they simply won't have anyone available to work on it.

Last edited:
CDPR said themselves it's possible. It's probably the only chance to get the Linux version of TW3 too, since CDPR obviously aren't going to work on it anymore using the older engine. So I'd wait for another year or so. If they'll act like nothing is supposed to happen, I'll agree with you that they ditched the idea completely, because after some time they simply won't have anyone available to work on it.

Possible only means possible. Now if they said "It's probable", then I would retract my realist phrasing. And during this waiting another year or so, it will be in the middle of the big push to release CP2077.

I have seen posts listing that another Witcher is feasible from 3-6 years. In the gaming industry, 3-6 years is a nail in the coffin strictly because, in the console industry, a new console will more than likely be release in 4 years. Or less even, looking at how Microsoft & Sony are already retooling their current consoles. We are talking major money to update, expand and implement a game that was released in 2015 to a console system that is now surpassed by new consoles.

And, I'm sorry to say, people tend to forget about consoles, let alone acknowledge their existence because they are and have been a PC gamer. Some if not all have said that consoles have ruined the gaming industry. I say they have made the gaming industry better. They have brought gaming to people that can't or won't pay $800 U.S. dollars for an entry level gaming PC. But they can pay $500 for a console.

I have seen your posts before, and I'm sorry that they did not include Linux. I'm a Microsoft supporter, but even I know that Linux is a better OS. But it's hard for Linux to put a dent in the Microsoft & Apple market share. And because of the lack of support from gaming and other software companies, I won't switch to Linux. But who knows, after I finish my I.T. College courses I plan on moving on to a Game Programming course at a different college. Maybe I will create a break-through to push Linux up in the game industry.

​BadWolf

I have seen posts listing that another Witcher is feasible from 3-6 years. In the gaming industry, 3-6 years is a nail in the coffin strictly because, in the console industry, a new console will more than likely be release in 4 years.

TW2 for Linux came out 3 years after initial release. I.e. CDPR found resources to pay for it. They didn't work themselves on it though, since as I said, after such time they probably don't have anyone available to dig into the outdated engine, so they contracted VirtualProgramming to write a wrapper for them. So we have a precedent.

In this case the situation is somewhat different. They are rewriting the engine for CP2077, and if they can somehow retrofit it for TW3 to make EE - they probably would if it won't be extremely costly.

---------- Updated at 12:48 AM ----------

But who knows, after I finish my I.T. College courses I plan on moving on to a Game Programming course at a different college. Maybe I will create a break-through to push Linux up in the game industry.

Good luck finding a good break through :)

i thought they were already working on cyberpunk, how would they make an enhanced edition?

anyway i totally agree with th idea of EE ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom