Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought they were already working on cyberpunk, how would they make an enhanced edition?

Roughly, they can take the state of the art engine they are making for CP2077 (using Vulkan for example), convert all the shaders from TW3 into compatible shaders for the new engine (may be using something like this which can eventually surface up), and assuming they won't be creating a new scripting language from scratch, they can just re-use existing Witcher Script programs from TW3. Voilà, you get an EE which can have better performance and is cross platform unlike stock TW3. Of course all that is very rough and high level. There can be tons of issues along the way which we don't know about. But it is feasible if they are interested in doing it.

Last edited:
I've supported CDPRRED since they brought the first Witcher game.
That was the best game for me at that time and on my scales it's still on same level as W3 atmosphere wise. W2 is on a second place for me.

So when they started with the Enhanced edition thing - I've supported that as well - so on my shelf there are all enhanced W1 / W2 edition and I also bought the X360 of W2. So by looking at the shelf I see there's still more space to be filled.

I would love if they prepared W3 Enhanced Edition in some time. Surely I would also bought it to support it/them.
:smile:

Last edited:
Essentially, everybody will be happy if there will be a new expansion that will go together with EE. CDPR can make a smart move by improving the base game that will seems like for free but at the same time selling a real expansion size of Blood and Wine and HoS quality (one can dream, right?) that will cover expenses and bring income for the seemingly free EE (adventure in Tir Na Lia anyone?). Yes, if nobody will buy that expansion it would be a problem, but I doubt such scenario is even possible considering two expansions were better than the base game and were well-received.

Last edited:
i thought they were already working on cyberpunk, how would they make an enhanced edition?

anyway i totally agree with th idea of EE ;)

Working has many stages.They must first design it,then create it,then optimize it .You get what I'm saying. It doesn't mean that 500 people are working at the same time on Cyberpunk.So,it's totally possible to pull of a good staff management and have both Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 EE under developement.The EE of W3 would practically require maybe the 1/10 of the working personel of the W3.Polishing might take time,but requires a lot less manpower than creating it in the first place

TLDR,CD Project is big enough to work both on Cyberpunk and an EE of the W3

With the 'guest mechanic' in BaW not coming close to fan expectations I think EE is still needed. The final act of the game doesn't do the rest of it justice. I'm afraid of replaying the game cuz of the gut wrenching pain the ending brings.
The Witcher 3 is like a timeless masterpiece painting that still needs the painter's signature on the back and EE would be that signature.

I had hoped this expansion would bring much needed closure to the saga of our beloved hero. Yet all we got was a pittance of lines with a single character at the end. It seems the developers think creating new content is more important than bringing a proper conclusion to the story. As if these two were in direct conflict and one would contradict the other....

The idea of an enhanced edition is little more than wishful thinking at this point. After reading this I'm certain it will never happen. So I guess this is it for me.

Playing this game has been such a bittersweet experience; it's been a long and bumpy ride. As I reminisce about the game I can't help but feel mixed feelings.I suppose I'm lucky I got to experience this wonderful universe full of magic and wonder, with such striking, remarkable characters that will forever have a place in my heart. How you manged to create such a magnificent and yet so ultimately flawed masterpiece will always elude me.

Thanks for such an awesome thread! I'd surely pay full price for the Enhanced Edition because the game is a masterpiece in industry, has the best storytelling ever but, there are such troubles as Reason of State quest and other small things which need to be tweaked in order to get to the perfection.

However, can I ask you why'd you delete the "Immersion Destroyer" thread from your list? There are so many beautiful and awesome ideas which you speak about. And also the problem discussed there is that kind of problem which should be fixed if Enhanced Edition will be released someday. Can you add it back to list, please?

They did do this for the first two games, so I don't see why they wouldn't pop one out for this one. Even though it is a completely different title from the others. So much more content, free dlc, and the expansions and the others didn't really have any of that. But i'd still love to see it done. And if I do recall they said that they were still going to support and have some people working on W3 throughout this year...so maybe it's a bit of a possibility? Either way, i'm happy enough with the game as it is, but more is always appreciated. And topping the game off with an Enhanced Edition and giving it the proper touches and finishes like they did the others would be a great sendoff before they completely stop working on The Witcher franchise and move on to Cyberpunk and other titles.

Did anyone suggested anything about Novigrad storyline?
Why the person of Fancis Bedlam is not explained at all? Why we can't make Novigrad great free again? How about revolution?
So, during my playthrough I notice that many characters does not notice that some in their world is changed in some parts like their king dies, or a new Queen is arrived?

Did anyone suggested anything about Novigrad storyline?
Why the person of Fancis Bedlam is not explained at all? Why we can't make Novigrad great free again? How about revolution?
So, during my playthrough I notice that many characters does not notice that some in their world is changed in some parts like their king dies, or a new Queen is arrived?

Yes. Several IIRC. Here was my suggestion. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...for-the-ages?p=1905402&viewfull=1#post1905402

Last edited:
Hello folks.

As a PC user, I think that the new upcoming consoles - PS4.5 and XboX One 1.5 - are a very good thing. Because, now, CD Projekt can really release an enhanced edition with upgraded graphics (ubersampling, draw distance, and everything) without completely leave consoles back.

Or am I wrong?

Have a good day, witchers and witcherettes!

Thanks everyone for keeping the thread alive. I've finished B&W recently, what an incredible experience!

I feel after a year, perhaps we can discuss EE or GOTY or Legacy for the ages edition a bit more rationally. Obviously, I'd love everything from the original post addressed, but the reality is that perhaps none of it will be.

At this stage, a proper goodbye with all important characters which Geralt held dear during his play through. As someone mentioned, his home in B&W would be perfect, just a few dialogue lines, like with the one character who does visit.
I believe a LOT of people would appreciate a short visit from Iorveth and Saskia, thus opening an easy window of opportunity for CDPR to get sweet, sweet props and love from the fans.

If RedKit is not being released, can we at least have increased LOD, better textures and lightning from E3/2013? That being said, visual improvements from B&W are pretty sweet.

Could we have a brutal cinematic at the end of the game, like in Witcher 1 and 2?

I've kinda missed out on Collector editions, maybe EE/GOTY/LFTA edition could have all three games + expansions + physical goodness.
I'd rather give my money to CDPR than scalpers on EBAY.

What do you guys think? What does CDPR thinks? Surely this thread has generated enough votes for a short reply?

I doubt at this point there are plans to add more content to The Witcher 3, maybe it could happen in the future (even if not necessarily because a few hundred people voted on it over a year), but right now the available information suggests that the developers are done with the game and there will only be some patches to fix the remaining bugs. On the other hand, there is a new stand-alone Gwent game in the works, which will apparently also feature a single player mode with 10+ hours stories, so that is probably the main focus now when it comes to Witcher related development.

I just thought that they should add Ciri Yen and Triss after the end game. I just feel depressed after the end game. Regardless which ending I get. It feels like after all that ive fought, what I get in return is Ciri being a witcher and nowhere to be seen, or ciri becomes empress and again nowhere to be found. my lover triss and yen as well, disappeared. If they could just add the characters in after the end game id be fine. The expansion pack blood and wine only allow 1 person to visit my home, which is either triss yen ciri or dandelion, which I felt is insufficient. I feel that Ciri should always be there and with another person depending on who I romanced. This would provide a closure and therefore no need of enhanced edition lol.

---------- Updated at 12:58 PM ----------

Another thing is, they should be found somewhere in the world after the end game. Now its like after finishing the game, they all just disappeared which is depressing. At least add them into Kaer Morhaen or at least Ciri should be around there every once a week or twice a week if she becomes witcher or if she becomes empress, she could easily just teleport and visit us. Making them disappear is like an untied loose end. I'm missing them already. and for Blood and wine, Ciri should come with Yen or Triss depending on my romance and live happily ever after. After fighting so hard for Ciri, I wont be seeing her again? that doesn't make sense.

I really apreciate your effort writting all this down, because I think you may gather the opinion of loads of players out there. You have my support to keep this idea up and never give up, because is needed a more developed ending system for the greatest game in many years. Farewell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom