Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "GOTY edition" was confirmed. But it was never directly said that it WAS just a GOTY.

Let's go through the confirmation shall we?

"With all the free DLC and updates the game received so far, including significant changes to the game's interface and mechanics, many gamers have asked us if we're working on some sort of a Game of the Year Edition. I'm happy to confirm - yes, plans are in motion to release such an edition. We'll release more details, including the release date, in the future. In the meantime, I'd like to thank every fan of the game for their support - you're really amazing!"

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz says 'such an edition'. He never says exactly states that it is a GOTY edition, but some sort of a game of the year edition. In previous Witcher games the enhanced editions included past patches and content as well as new content and improvements. So It could very well be an enhanced edition. As they did with the last two games. Just a thought. :)

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition-spotted

Last edited:
Konrad Tomaszkiewicz says 'such an edition'. He never says exactly states that it is a GOTY edition, but some sort of a game of the year edition. In previous Witcher games the enhanced editions included past patches and content as well as new content and improvements. So It could very well be an enhanced edition.

It is at least pretty much confirmed that it will indeed be called Game of the Year Edition, that has been found in the "leaked" German age ratings.

I've read somewhere from some CDPR staff that they suffered from crunching during the production of TW3, and now after the success of the game it's been improved finally. So yeah, these guys really put their love into the production without much being offered to them.

I really, really, really hope that CDPR management will treat these talented people with the best salary and benefits because they jolly deserve them. ^^

I can't really expect too much from CDPR now as they have done many great things over the past few years. After all, a company must make money. I'm somehow afraid that their efforts in an EE will not be justified by the corresponding sales boost. But, then again, who knows...?

But this petition thread is so good, as it allows CDPR to know what their fans are thinking and how many people are willing to pay for the bonus. I will absolutely pay for the EE if there proves to be one.

Could just be a placeholder name. It's been seen before for other games.

The GOTY edition has now also appeared on Steam, even if it is still in development and obviously does not have a store page yet (it does already have a forum with a handful of posts, however). But this still does not tell if there will be anything new in this edition.

I like to see an enhanced edition of Witcher that you can play trilogy on open world map.

For that to happen they would have to remake basically the whole first game into W3 as "Wyzima Region" and then also completely remake the secodn game into W3 as Aedirn/Kaedwen Region to make that even possible.

Its somethign that coudl be done as expansions rather I think, but compeltely impossible is it not, the world map of W3 is still way too empty. Theoreticalyl CDPR has there a game, with that they could add new content for years to come, if they wouldn#t work on Cyberpunk 2077 right now.

But I believe, this is some kind of creative longterm vision that nobody at CDPR ever had with this game in mind I guess - sadly
I think that had from begin on plans for this game up to 2016 only, to let it thenleave in the dust , otherwise we would have heared already somethign about them, that they are willign to improve the game and add new content to it, once they are doen with Cyberpunk 2077

Personally spoken I can say only it would be a very dumb decision of CDPR to let this gold pit of a game leave in the dust, once they are done with Cyberpunk, therefore has they game way too muhc wasted potential and things that could get sinificantly improved via an enhanced edition if seriously needed when patches just wouldnt be enough anymore - and theres always the turning point where CDPR needs to make money - not everythign can be made always for free - makign an enhanced edition definetely woudl be such a case to make a heavily enhanced and improved game thats basically a remake to make usage of all that wasted potential to turn the game into the ultimate epic 3 in 1 trilogy that it technically could become, if CDPR just wants to make it become that exactly.

Because technically it would be absolutely possible, but it would require alot of work and effort and basically could be (or better said) should be done only via a paid complete remake of the game - and for me personally spoken again - I'd be absolutely willing to rebuy such a remake of this epic game in an instant

Hello CDPR, witchers and witcherettes,

With new graphic cards, a lot of people can play the game maxed out, and a lot of them could go further beyond that. And even more in the future.

What we can do now: .ini tweaks (helped by mods) allow to push some settings way further. The most important are vegetation and shadow draw distance, that can be extended as far as our eyes can see. Nvidia users also can add supersampling with Nvidia control panel. These two improvements make landscapes absolutely gorgeous; and a GTX 1070 can handle them at 40+fps.

What we can't do, despite all the power we could dream of: we can't improve draw distance of a lot of things (basically everything but vegetation). And we can't remove these ugly, awful low-quality models the game uses for the benefit of low-end graphic cards. You could have a SLI of GTX 1080; these things would still pop-up in your face, and you would still loose and incredible amount of distant details (distant being an hyperbole here), especially in cities.

So PLEASE, CDPR. Don't do that to your game. Give the option to max-out everything, and to get rid of low-quality models. This lackness is regrettable now, and will be a tragedy in the future. So please. You didn't made a such beautiful game to scar it with low quality models.

May you add that in the upcoming GOTY edition. Let it be a legacy for the ages!

Last edited:
(This is a post from another thread I had created for an enhanced edition and it would really fit perfectly in this thread.)

Hi

I loved both Witcher 1 and 2 (and actually still do), which are of the best RPGs I have ever played. But the third installment is to me without a doubt a game turned to an art form.
Congratulations to all those who helped create this game. Pure artistry.

Since there might be a possible enhanced edition in production, I'd like to make some suggestions to further enhance gameplay. Now some of these suggestions might not be for all players of course. Since some tend to be a bit hardcore. But hey, a witchers life should not be a pussy ride.

First of all, new game plus on death march still feels somewhat easy (playing on PC, 200 hrs exp.). As lots of mods seem to address this by creating a higher difficulty, they still seem greatly unbalanced and buggy at some parts. Leaning more towards a dark souls experience would greatly benefit this. By for example only being able to meditate or save in inns or by campfires (Keeping in mind main quest chain save points). Or changing the dodge mechanic, so it is necessary to use your brains with the environment instead of spamming dodge. Another thing that could increase difficulty is changing the alchemy mechanic a bit, so it is necessary to go search and collect herbs if you want to replenish potions and bombs every time. And reducing herb availability with vendors. Just using simple alcohol one time to replenish all, negates the use of all those herbs planted around the map. (I know there are people who appreciate this, but making it an option or tying it to a specific higher difficulty might be great) The game is full of resources and most are just plain useless. That is a shame. Same for the food. Nobody uses that. Introducing a mechanic where u need food to survive and hunt would definitely make the experience better. Or to sleep so stamina or other stats do not get affected by getting tired. (and increasing day/night cycle time so you do not have to sleep every 20 minutes. I already increase this with a mod) And actions like fast travelling should cost gold or experience.
This should be a witchers world. Though, harsh and unforgiving. Scoiateal ambush parties would have been cool too. Drinking potions and applying oil should have a mechanic tied to it, so you really see geralt drink or apply oils even in combat. This could make preparation and studying the situation more important. As you can get hit while doing it in combat. (There is a mod out not so long ago that fixes some of these stuff, but its not really balanced and bugfree yet to my opinion).

Secondly what I really miss is a hood and cape. Makes me look badass. Mods fix this but its not always working like a charm and there is clipping with weapons. It can also introduce protection against weather elements like freezing cold or body temperature drops because of rain exposure to increase the hardcore survival experience.

Thirdly what I also miss is the great looking skill tree from the first witcher game.

Most general skills are not used by anyone, since they are a waste. We only have so much slots to fit with better skills.

I also never use heavy attacks. Light attacks are very fast and overpowered. They just do the trick in every situation. I think many players will agree on that. Maybe light attacks can be used tactically to influence a combat situation, but without doing heavy damage like it is now. We have heavy attacks for the damage, or so we should.

Also noteworthy is the 'almost' useless crafting and breaking down of items. I barely used it. Only to create set items, but then I just bought the required items from a vendor quickly. Since there are soooo much (useless) relic items, I just sell them and have tons of gold to quickly buy my set items. Creating set items is not even a challenge except the grandmaster set which requires a lot of rare items (gold?). And the latter is what makes it rewarding. Its also very easy to get rich in this game. According to the lore, witchers do contracts to earn their bit of cash to survive. Geralt does not need contracts it seems. Only items from chests to sell. Instead of a vineyard (BaW) I could have bought Beauclair castle with my bank account. Maybe reducing the amount of items in chests and their worth; including money found, and reducing vendor cash supply. It should also be way harder to find armor, weapons and the like, so the crafting mechanic would have its use. Crafting in W2 was better, because I needed it way more to survive.

I know CDPR no longer makes DLC because of the work on cyberpunk. But some extra witcher contracts with those awesome micro stories attached to it would be incredible. Hell, I would gladly pay for stuff like that! (and the hardcore things already mentioned here!)

I hope these suggestions make some appeal, since it seems there are a lot of people on other forums who really want some of this stuff. And more importantly before anyone gives negative comments: the 'hardcore' stuff should apply only to the hardest difficulty, so the casual players still have a good time of course.

Witcher 3 is for me the greatest game ever made, great visuals, coding, audio, incredible storytelling and so on. Great support and patching and all. But it still feels like a walk in the park. Although I have really enjoyed it. And I wish CDPR great succes with their Cyberpunk project.

Cheers.

(PS. I got laid with Yennefer, but I still don't get the unicorn thing...)

Last edited:
I will pay additional money for it pending word of mouth but I'm done buying CDPR stuff sight unseen. Granted, I should never have bought anything sight unseen period. Just took awhile for that one exception to prove unexceptional.

Whatever CDPR produces that has a price tag on, I'd buy without thinking twice.
But to be honest, at this stage I'd pay for a patch that addresses all the remaining bugs, non-functioning skills, a combat re-balance, lighting update for the base game, etc.
Although even that seems to be unlikely to happen...

I've had my second thought about this. Although I already voted for Shut up and take my money! last time, I didn't desire an Enhanced Edition so much, but now I really want it!

With the recent release date announcement for the GOTY Edition, which doesn't seem to include physical bonuses like the initial retail version, I don't think TW3 has been properly treated given its phenomenal influence over the globe. I'd really like to see an Enhanced Edition that includes everything as well as graphical and animation improvements, along with good physical souvenirs inside the retail box again.

Please kindly make it happen, CDPR. I'll absolutely buy it.

As long as they make more Content after the Endgame for Example: Going on Monster Hunting with Ciri or having new little quests or minigames with there like gwent and so on...

I would pay everything for an EE or a GOTY!

They definitely need to close TW trilogy properly, with (Enhanced edition), despite they already have two big expansions, CDPR still need to improve, upgrade and finalise TW3, this game is what made this company what they're now, please CDPR, if anyone of you guys are reading these comments, complete this mastercrafted trilogy with TW3 EE, this will just improve your company's reputation!...

They definitely need to close TW trilogy properly, with (Enhanced edition), despite they already have two big expansions, CDPR still need to improve, upgrade and finalise TW3, this game is what made this company what they're now, please CDPR, if anyone of you guys are reading these comments, complete this mastercrafted trilogy with TW3 EE, this will just improve your company's reputation!...

CDPR has already answered and they said "no". It seems that what fans said here doesn't matter. In any case, if you want to vote, the only poll which is open is this one http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/125921-TW3-needs-of-an-EE?p=2943711#post2943711

CDPR has already answered and they said "no". It seems that what fans said here doesn't matter. In any case, if you want to vote, the only poll which is open is this one http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/125921-TW3-needs-of-an-EE?p=2943711#post2943711

It'll be a pity if that's the case. Some Square Enix Europe's titles will see graphical enhancement on PS4 Pro, which has been a solid confirmation. The visioned version of TW3 that was early shown by CDPR can be achieved on the new consoles' revision as well as on PC. Fans are still congregating here in this petition in hope of CDPR changing their stance. The only problem is that I don't know if Sony or Microsoft will allow it if it will not run properly on the base version of PS4 or XONE, by which I mean, with unacceptably low frame rate. I don't think there's a way to dose that level of graphical features into the game while still keeping its original visuals 'selectable'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom