Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Everyone,

Let me start off by quickly putting in place a huge thanks and congrats to the whole team at CDPR for making this game, you guys are the best.

Please hear me out, this is NOT about going into detail on WHAT needs to be added, but rather WHY and HOW it can and should be added into the game.

I've noticed a common denominator for pretty much everyone, whether on Reddit, forums or real life, who's beaten the game, discussing impressions, and is willing to offer more than a one liner.
It's pretty much unanimous "the game is amazing, but certain bits felt lacking/unexplored/cut short".

For those living under a rock, here's a few good examples from people who've invested a lot to express these common impressions in clean, eloquent detail:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40716-Yennefer-of-Vengerberg-(all-spoilers)
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-of-the-game-is-a-bad-hot-mess-major-spoilers!!!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...cher-2-decisions-and-content-in-The-Witcher-3
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46839-Eredin-says-12-sentences-during-the-whole-game-and
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...longer-treat-the-players-like-adults-SPOILERS
http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3b73nq/major_spoilers_why_i_believe_relationship/
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ish-were-fixed-Dijkstra-and-Saskia-(spoilers)
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/47021-Final-Boss-Difficulty
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51269-Cirilla-Fiona-Elen-Riannon-discussion-thread
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...hanced-Edition-after-Hearts-of-Stone-SPOILERS

Now, here is the part we haven't talked about in detail. How on Earth do you expect CDRED to create a whole third of the game extra content?
It would be completely impractical from business point of view. The sheer amount of funds required to bring the writing team together, voice acting team together, and worst of all, figure out how to implement all these changes without ruining all the good things in the game, is just overwhelming.
And on top of it all, How and Why should CDPR undertake this huge project for the price of one game, especially when they've ALREADY over-delivered beyond all expectations?
All these points above are quite on point, and I salute your business acumen if you've thought of it and dismissed the "enhanced edition" argument.

But, what if we show them we are willing to pay for extra content? What if the funds for this undertaking are right under their noses, hiding in plain sight?

Ask yourself this, would you pay the price of an expansion to see the rest of the game being so completely and deeply developed like the Bloody Baron quest or the battle of Kaer Morhen?
Would you not gladly PREORDER the promise of Eredin and Avallac'h having extra screen time, and their motives/decisions brought closer to us?
How petty is a bit of money, if it means we get to see Saskia and Iorveth, if it means we get to feast on ambrosia and nectar of the Gods in enjoying a proper, all main character/places involving ending resolution instead of chewing on that $1 economy burger with embedded toenail short narration from Dandilion?
Let me ask you this brothers and sisters, would you not gladly throw you hard earned money at CDRED with abandon, to see Relationships and Romances fully explored, especially between Geralt and Triss, but also between Geralt and Ciri, Triss and Yen, and Ciri and Yen?

I'd gladly pay again the price of a FULL game to see these things above addressed! OK, let's calm down a notch and think rationally.

The price of a full game to expand already released game seems a bit too much, considering the previous two games had their upgrades for free. Plenty of other games out there, like Wasteland 2, getting a complete overhaul for free.
That's all true and on point, except Witcher 3 is not just any game, it is the richest, most incredibly written and developed game ever made and it's a conclusion to the saga of Geralt. If you think about it, one side quest in Witcher 3 is better in every way than many publisher's entire library.
Why not make the WHOLE game like it, all 100% of it?

It's not about paying extra for one game, it's about helping CDRED to create and leave behind a LEGACY FOR THE AGES, an immortal testament of the crowning achievement in gaming industry.
And enjoying the living shit out of it by replaying it over and over again, til the end of times!

edit1:
A perhaps more enticing idea for CDPR? Don't matter what's it called, as long as it get better.
I think a GOTY edition would be the best way to make that possible. Everyone who has already bought the game would get for free but it would also be sold as a seperate product, containing both expansions and an enhanced and much improved version of the main game.

edit2: Triss thread removed, that's one off the list, but still a long way to go. We're cheering for you CDPR!

edit3: My personal thought on HoS is, it helps with the immersion continuity after the main story is finished, but it also makes the last third of vanilla game jarringly bad in comparison.

edit4: Immersion destroyer removed, Redkit2 would make for a grand EE. Any constructive ideas or threads, please feel free to point them out.

Last edited:
I honestly believe they have done enough and it's a great game as it is, but on the other hand I would probably pay^^ It is a great game and i would love to explore the world more, but we should be patient and first have a look at those expensions because, cdpr showed more than once that they are able to listen and adapt to what we fans want, I would not be suprised if for example in the Oxenfurt DLC is additional Triss Content becausem there isnt that much off her in the game and there have been a lot off outcries about that, so maybe we get a long questline involving her or yen possibly even depending on our romance choice which of both is included^^ Or we find a lot of background informations about the Wild hunt and their leaders in those rumored oxenfurt archives, who knows. Cdpr showed us that they deserve our trust so let them have it.

I understand your point of view, and agree to some extent (hence the option in the poll).

This is not about forcing them to do anything, and it's DEFINITELY not about telling them what to do. I'm sure their talented team already has the right idea. I've just listed possible ideas as an example.

It's about showing cdred we appreciate their hard work and ideas, and would like to encourage them to keep working on it.

Cyberpunk is not going anywhere, please stay with Witcher 3 a bit longer.

I completely appreciate the huge amount of work they have put into Witcher 3. It's very apparent they put their hearts into it, not just as developers but also as genuine fans of the series. For everything they have done to make it the amazing story and their fast and positive responses to requests from fans to make the game the best it can be. I agree with the other poster, I don't want to sound demanding at all, by trying to impose they they must release and EE. Though if they are planning to, I would unquestioningly buy it from them.

I completely appreciate the huge amount of work they have put into Witcher 3. I don't want to sound demanding at all, by trying to impose they they must release and EE. Though if they are planning to, I would unquestioningly buy it from them.

This is exactly the message I was trying to convey. CDPR has a history of underselling their games, in comparison to other big franchises, so perhaps it's time for them to earn a bit more with Witcher 3.

They certainly deserve it.

Felt like I was reading an infomercial for a minute there. XD
My eyes were widening the moment you mentioned the Bloody Baron quest.

Where's the number to call!

Okay snap out of it....but yes YES Y E S!

Indeed I'll pay for EE version if all the problems with the plot and characters will be addressed. It would be also awesome if in EE will address at least some of the problems, which are discussed in my thread ( http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...longer-treat-the-players-like-adults-SPOILERS ) , which is currently on the third place by support points, if I'm not mistaken, after "Triss" and "Immersion Destroyer".

Hey thanks for your contribution, I've included your thread link on the list above.

All we can do is offer CDRED our ideas, support and hope they find time to do something about it.

Any other deserving threads out there, please let me know and I'll include the links.

I'd rather they did it for free. One may argue from a business model but why should a player spend money in order to get the game he bought in the first place finished? I don't accept the idea they delivered beyond expectations.

But if the choice is between them not doing it at all and them asking for money I'll pay for it.

I'd rather they did it for free. One may argue from a business model but why should a player spend money in order to get the game he bought in the first place finished? I don't accept the idea they delivered beyond expectations.
My reasoning is that for a good game I agree to pay $1 for each hour of gameplay, that I really enjoy (without resorting to replays). TW3 already exceeded that expectation because it has amount of content worthy of 2 games. Yes, they messed up a lot of things but amount of goodness inside was already worth the price. Making the current game perfect is close to another game in value, therefore it's acceptable trade off.

Yes, I would pay for EE gladly if they add more story content, address our worries concerning certain omissions in the plot, settings, and expand on some of main characters. I believe they read our discussions here, and will be able to incorporate at least some of our ideas. They did this with TW2, adding chapter narrations, and expanding Act 3, so I don't see any reason for them not to take the same approach with TW3. Now, when they have money to burn, it wouldn't harm them financially in any way.

For me it is still the best game (the entire series, I mean) ever made, but if it can be made even better, why not to go for it?

I was thinking how would this be possible, without making it like we're paying twice for the same base game. Here is a raw, basic model, although I welcome fresh ideas and suggestions:

We already have two major expansions coming, at the price of $25. But who's to say CDPR can't include extra bug fixes, additional character content and story supplements at the same time?

Now, we are asking A LOT on these forums, be it justified or not, it's a tremendous task to act on even half of all the popular requests. So what's a viable workaround?

ANOTHER TWO PAID EXPANSIONS!

At the price of $25 or $35, it comes down to a total of $100-110. It would hopefully give CDPR enough monetary support and justified time to properly dig into implementing and ghost feeding additional vanilla content, while at the same time expanding the game time with additional adventures. Either could be used to address popular suggestions in some way.

I've bought a lot of rubbish on Steam sales and I'm not even sure if I completed half of those games.

For Witcher 3, in full glory of the Enhanced Edition, with all major issues addressed, it would mean a tenfold return to investment, judging by the enjoyment and re-playability per dollar ratio in comparison to other games.

I could be totally mistaken in my business assumptions, but this dream will stay alive until they officially move to Cyberpunk.

I think a GOTY edition would be the best way to make that possible. Everyone who has already bought the game would get for free but it would also be sold as a seperate product, containing both expansions and an enhanced and much improved version of the main game.

But I'd even pay if they wanted money for an enchanced version - at least if the right things were improved.

That's a ridiculously good idea. You Sir, managed to blow my mind yet again, which I did not expect after your most excellent story thread.

A GOTY, instead of Enhanced edition, would imply the game is already amazing, unlike the initial first two releases, but now is even more, 100% mind blowing.

With your permission, I'd like to quote you in the original post of this thread, for better visibility.

I think it's inevitable, honestly, but I'm not sure what the Enhanced Edition would CONTAIN to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom