Petition for The Sword of Destiny

+
I've often thought about spending some free time translating the Spanish version myself...slowly, one story at a time. But as I said...it's a matter of free-time, and I don't always have a lot. I know it wouldn't be straight from Polish, but hey...I'm nearly fluent in Spanish.

A few people have already started (and gotten quite far) on a version. I am now helping out as well ... if you would like to join us, PM me :peace:

Very ambitious efforts :eek: We will open a special library for translated works in our Sapkowski forum regardless when it's finished :beer:

ALRIGHTY THEN!! I'm number 149, though hoped to be an even number.I already have this book in my home language, but would like to have the collection in English too. That's way more interesting. :peace:p.S. - Is it just me, or is the image on the front page Just HIDEOUS?? ]:->

PetraSilie said:
What front page do you mean? :whatthe:
I mean, this one:
PetraSilie said:
Pic by Whisperwind
I really have to apologize if I hurt the feelings of some members in particular, but this image offends my Native American friendsand also seems misplaced as this is not a function of politics. Then again, I appreciate the attempts of this as it is indeed creative, so hats off to Whisperwind :peace:You know, it does remind me of that pirate from Pirates of the Caribbean, and also of that old hatter from Van Helsing. I have to admit, similarities are evident :DBTW, does anyone else want to own the Witcher books in more than 1 language? :hmmm:

Yes, i would love to have the books in the Greek language, because i have many friends who don't read literature in English. And they must read The Witcher. :evil:Seriously, there are many readers waiting for a Greek translation. By the way, i like Whisperwind's picture. It's just humor, 56, it's not politics.

Cassandra31EEE said:
Yes, i would love to have the books in the Greek language, because i have many friends who don't read literature in English. And they must read The Witcher. :evil:Seriously, there are many readers waiting for a Greek translation.
Then I wish hope for the best. Though, just across the northern border, Bulgaria already has 3 books translated. I see no reason for Greece to delay.I bet it's only an order away, and needs some interest in the matter. Anyways, all the best.
Cassandra31EEE said:
By the way, i like Whisperwind's picture. It's just humor, 56, it's not politics.
Yeah, I guess. But, it would have been more humorous if they put Dandelion on there... or, no no no.... the original Jaskier from the Hexer series. Now That would turn some heads... :D

I find the front picture quite inventive. I promise it has no political intension. I know the original motive has a very important meaning, so does the petition. Hence it was used for it to emphasize the exigency :peace:We didn't take Dandelion, didn't want to overburden the bard because he was/is alread the guide for RotWW.

PetraSilie said:
We didn't take Dandelion, didn't want to overburden the bard because he was/is alread the guide for RotWW.
Yeah, I know that. But that's why you could've taken Jaskiers face from the series to add that little bit of humor to it. :DI guess I just don't trust the face currently on display :pI sure hope this petition counts for something, ... cause I really DO want this book, and many others, published in English.

I signed it for you too, even I have it in my language, so I can really imagine what you are missing ;D

we need more people!I'm started to get confused and I'm getting headaches from reading the un-translated version

Forum veteran
CrossShire said:
I'm started to get confused and I'm getting headaches from reading the un-translated version
You mean the polish original? Well, yeah. It is kinda blurry for me too... but I am not even remotely familiar with Polish. Though, I understand the loss in translation.I am happy though of the BG edition, as it captured the good 'ole Blakan humor everyone enjoys around these parts. Why not try another language if possible?We are doing all we can here... I even averted a couple of friends here.BTW - The Graffitti on the wall of the Faculty of Law, University of Oxenfurt - fact or fiction? If fact... a picture please? That'll rule. :peace:

56236 said:
56236 said:
I'm started to get confused and I'm getting headaches from reading the un-translated version
You mean the polish original? Well, yeah. It is kinda blurry for me too... but I am not even remotely familiar with Polish. Though, I understand the loss in translation.I am happy though of the BG edition, as it captured the good 'ole Blakan humor everyone enjoys around these parts. Why not try another language if possible?We are doing all we can here... I even averted a couple of friends here.BTW - The Graffitti on the wall of the Faculty of Law, University of Oxenfurt - fact or fiction? If fact... a picture please? That'll rule. :peace:
I've tired that, but Polish is the closet I come to understanding it.BTW answer: It is fact, Not sure if I still have the picture, but I'll look around my camera memory cards

Top Bottom