Petition for The Sword of Destiny

+

Forum veteran
CrossShire said:
CrossShire said:
BTW - The Graffitti on the wall of the Faculty of Law, University of Oxenfurt - fact or fiction? If fact... a picture please? That'll rule. :peace:
BTW answer: It is fact, Not sure if I still have the picture, but I'll look around my camera memory cards
Please do. I think it would make a Wicked Signiture for the forum. :peace:

CrossShire said:
we need more people!
Everybody in particular from English speaking countries should transport the petition to websites, etc. with Witcher-, fantasy-, rpg-, literature-, etc. background. Unluckily I don't know such spreading sources. If you give me names, links or whatever, I'll sure contact them too.

Is there even any progress? Does this Petition have any influence?I wonder if some people can double-sign??? I think that would make it untrustworthy. :hmmm:

Signed the petition. Though I'm sure they'll be releasing another book or two to coincide with the release of the Witcher 2. The first game helped boost sales for the "Last Wish" and "Blood of Elves" so I doubt the publishers would pass up an opportunity to give us "sword of destiny" while the hype is at fever pitcher for "The Witcher 2"

evmiller said:
Signed the petition. Though I'm sure they'll be releasing another book or two to coincide with the release of the Witcher 2. The first game helped boost sales for the "Last Wish" and "Blood of Elves" so I doubt the publishers would pass up an opportunity to give us "sword of destiny" while the hype is at fever pitcher for "The Witcher 2"
I hope you're right. I've got & read SoD already, but I wouldn't mind some extra releases and especially for English speakers. Come on, let's not loose hope. :)Wonder how much signatures the Petition has till now? :hmmm:

It has 164 signatures so far.The entire publishing procedere is a mystery to me :hmmm: Time of Contempt will be released in April 2011. One year without releases of the Witcher saga. Maybe there will be a release simultaneously with TW2. If we can rely on the coverage articles about the Igromir it's at the end of 2010.

56236 said:
I hope you're right. I've got & read SoD already, but I wouldn't mind some extra releases and especially for English speakers. Come on, let's not loose hope. :)Wonder how much signatures the Petition has till now? :hmmm:
Where are you from 56236? Your English is perfect, I always assumed you might've been in the US or thereabouts. :)
56236 said:
It has 164 signatures so far.The entire publishing procedere is a mystery to me :hmmm: Time of Contempt will be released in April 2011. One year without releases of the Witcher saga. Maybe there will be a release simultaneously with TW2. If we can rely on the coverage articles about the Igromir it's at the end of 2010.
I can't believe they're not publishing anything for a whole damn year. It's a saga! It really baffles me.

IllusiveSpatula said:
Where are you from 56236? Your English is perfect, I always assumed you might've been in the US or thereabouts. :)
Well, if you check my profile, you'll see I hide nothing (even my name is coded somewhere, but that's a different story :p)I'm form Bulgaria, where we have 3 books translated so far.
IllusiveSpatula said:
I can't believe they're not publishing anything for a whole damn year. It's a saga! It really baffles me.
I'll assume there's no market for the saga yet in some countries and not a big enough one in others. So, I'll agree with Petra that, hopefully, once the sequelis announced and released, the saga might be extended. Keeping my fingers crossed :peace:

I don't believe there is no market for the Witcher saga. Sapkowski won an etablished prize (can't remember the name now) in Great Britain this year with 'Blood of Elves' . These pinheads are blind and have a narrow mind that they don't recognize the potential of the Witcher saga

PetraSilie said:
I don't believe there is no market for the Witcher saga. Sapkowski won an etablished prize (can't remember the name now) in Great Britain this year with 'Blood of Elves'.
Do you mean the David Gemmell Legend Award? That's actually a very new award, not an old, established one, but still, it did win.
These pinheads are blind and have a narrow mind that they don't recognize the potential of the Witcher saga
All of publishing has been hard hit by the economic downturn, and publishers are reeling. While I'd love to see more of the saga published, I think it's quite understandable that publishers don't want to take chances when they're already losing money. Maybe we'll see the books published when the economy gets better.

CrossShire said:
CrossShire said:
CrossShire said:
I'm started to get confused and I'm getting headaches from reading the un-translated version
You mean the polish original? Well, yeah. It is kinda blurry for me too... but I am not even remotely familiar with Polish. Though, I understand the loss in translation.I am happy though of the BG edition, as it captured the good 'ole Blakan humor everyone enjoys around these parts. Why not try another language if possible?We are doing all we can here... I even averted a couple of friends here.BTW - The Graffitti on the wall of the Faculty of Law, University of Oxenfurt - fact or fiction? If fact... a picture please? That'll rule. :peace:
I've tired that, but Polish is the closet I come to understanding it.BTW answer: It is fact, Not sure if I still have the picture, but I'll look around my camera memory cards
After looking all over my freedrives, flash drives and camera memory cards, I could not find it. It was disappointing :'(

CrossShire said:
After looking all over my freedrives, flash drives and camera memory cards, I could not find it. It was disappointing :'(
Awww, that's really disappointing. I feel like the kid who found coal under the christmas tree :'(Oh well, cutting-off a few drowner heads might cheer me up :evil:

56236 said:
56236 said:
Awww, that's really disappointing. I feel like the kid who found coal under the christmas tree :'(Oh well, cutting-off a few drowner heads might cheer me up :evil:
I always get coal under the tree. and strangely I see a tag that says: "To alyss" and "From Kids"I'll join in that pilgrimage, although It is a very strange pilgrimage. A cleansing of the world of monsters type of thing.

CrossShire said:
I always get coal under the tree. and strangely I see a tag that says: "To alyss" and "From Kids"I'll join in that pilgrimage, although It is a very strange pilgrimage. A cleansing of the world of monsters type of thing.
I'm pretty sure that's like a joke. But, you're welcome to join in some Slice & Dice stress relief... it always helps me to grind them critters...Also, think I found a few extras for the petition. Hope it has an effect.

This topic must breath again. :wave:please, dearest players of The Witcher, if you like to read Andrzej Sapkowski's saga about Geralt and his world, vote for the translation of The sword of Destiny! Thank you.

Singed! ;DAlthough, I'm disappointed and feel a little hopeless now. (Just five minutes ago I finished Blood of Elves. I previously read The Witcher, started months ago. Found this topic while googleling for an english translation of Sword of Destiny). I mean, as of now there are 201 petitions. So much for the big international fan base I was professing on the petition's comments. Maybe this petition (if possible) should appear on the wikipedia page of the witcher books, or something, so more people can know about it. I mean, I know for sure that the books translated to english after the release of the game sold a lot more than 200 copies (and I'm assuming that the people who bought these books would also buy an english translation of Sword of Destiny). Well, here's to being able to read Sword of Destiny and the rest of the saga some day! :peace:Cheers and thanks for the initiative!

Top Bottom