Petition for The Sword of Destiny

+
Petition for The Sword of Destiny

This refers to our English speaking community but all others are welcomed to support this project.It's a petition to publishing firms: We want an English translation and release of the 2nd short story collection of "The Sword of Destiny". Maybe the Witcher community can move heaven and earth, or at least one publishing house to publish the English version of the collection.Spread the messageTo gather as many signtures as possible we need to spread the message. So everyone is encouraged to leave a note about the petition at adequate places (in particular in English parts of our world ;D ), that are websites and forums which matter of (fantasy) literature, etc. Or maybe you can ask your local library to leave a message there or at your book-seller as well.Try to approach as many you can but… don't spam or flood other places. This will harm the petition and eventually kills it.
okay, let's go…I sign the "The sword of Destiny" petition. 8)Pic by Whisperwind
GL :beer:

Signed in as No 10! :beer: Great idea! Didn't knew the book has yet to be released in English translation so far. :whistle:

Thank you Petra, for this. I signed (14 ;D ) and i 'll tell my friends and i 'll link it to a forum for fantasy literature i am a member. Believe me, in Greece we know Geralt. ;)

I understand what you're trying to do, but after reading Blood of Elves i'd much rather get the rest of the main saga out as soon as possible, especially as it seems it's going to take 2-3 years for each book to be translated :(

Unlikely! The German edition takes just 1/2 a year before the next book is released! ;D I suppose English translators shouldn't be any slower... ;)

I don't think it takes 2-3 years for "The Sword of Destiny". Acutally you can live without this collection and continue with the novels. But the short stories add pieces to the main story to complete different cases. In the short story "The Sword of Destiny" we learn how Geralt met Ciri and how he eventually accepts her as his child. "A Shard of ice" tells us what Yennefer means to Geralt when he encounters Istredd, who loves Yennefer as well. "A little dedication" seems to be a kitschy lovestory from first look but it has a message between the lines. We meet Essi Daven, a very special friend of Dandelion (uuhh, it's so sad) and we learn more about the fishpoeple, resp. Ys or Wodjanoi in the game, etc. pp.It's a sin to hold back these stories to the English speaking readership.
Vattghern said:
I would vote to help the case... just... should I?How do You think?
Sure thing because we are one nation, our homeland is the witcherworld, we just speak different languages ;)

Basileios said:
Unlikely! The German edition takes just 1/2 a year before the next book is released! ;D I suppose English translators shouldn't be any slower... ;)
That makes sense but BoE was released in Oct 08, and i read on another thread here that it was being pushed back to 2010 or later for some reason. I don't get how it takes so long to translate either...
Basileios said:
I don't think it takes 2-3 years for "The Sword of Destiny".
Yeah i was talking about the main saga, it only took a year between The Last Wish and Blood of Elves but as mentioned above i believe for some reason it's going to take longer now. I'm all for SoD being translated, and in fact anything Sapkowski has ever written, just not at the expense of the main saga, personally. At the rate it's going we will be waiting perhaps til 2016 and later for the whole saga to be available :(Maybe i should learn another language :D

Your signature number for this petition is 27.Thanks for doing this, Petra!Mobidoy, you signed twice -- I don't think the second one will count. :D

Whisperwind said:
I shall get few more votes here. This is seriouslly a nonsense, leaving middle book out, exacly the book where Geralt is proved that there's something more then destiny in his bond with ciri... like taking journey of legolas/aragorn/gimli away from lord of the rings right then frodo left >_

I havent read any of the novels but would be interested and woould like to help your cause re: petitioning for an English translation of the book "Sword of Destiny" where's the link to sign on?

Wow! 59 signatures so far...
Whisperwind said:
http://www.petitiononline.com/GvR066kf/petition.html here :)Basileios - thank you :D Mine too btw :) (two fav stories I mean...)
You're welcome!
Whisperwind said:
I havent read any of the novels but would be interested and woould like to help your cause re: petitioning for an English translation of the book "Sword of Destiny" where's the link to sign on?
Maybe you should read them, too... it's worth it!

Top Bottom