Petition: Please, return Villentretenmerth to His previous Glory

+

• Return Villentretenmerth's stats from before the Hotfix (4 STR, 2 Scorches)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Let it be as it is (8 STR), but reset it's timer to 2 Rounds

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Villentretenmerth is fine as it is

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Right now, (scuse my french) he out right S*CKS - 8 STR (which is cool), but 3 whole Rounds timer for only one Scorch - just no good - no element of surprise (except that someone is so dumb to play the card),no panic in the enemy lines, zero tactical advantage - nothing. Please, either reverse him to the 4 STR 3 Rounds timer and 2 Scorch effects, or at least drop his current timer to 2 Rounds, as he stays at 8 STR.

Something's gotta give - he's so down the drainer right now and was actually pretty fun to play with - especially in the last round against all those buffed to the sky units, which are the cream of the crop right now.

Edit: Please, move this one to the Suggestions section; I clicked the wrong one.

I use it right now, I didn't use it a lot before, because I didn't like the double scorch and the low strength. I like it now, 8 strength and one single scorch that can trigger after the opponent last move if necessary, I dig that. 3 or 2 turns doesn't change a lot that card imo. In some circumstances that would make it better, sure, but in any other I'll take the 8 str body over a smaller body with a smaller timer (because if they reduce the timer pretty sure that card won't remain at 8, considering Shiru is only 2 more and sacrifice one unit in his hand to get a scorch effect).
And the double scorch was just too much, either for the opponent, or for yourself.

So your third option says bs like im supposed to not click it. So youre biased against those who think hes fine? I would vote 2rd option if it wasnt ad hominem.

I agree.

why would I use a precious gold slot for a scorch card that takes 3 turns to activate, yet only get 8 points in return? Sorry, but thats no where near good enough.

Those who say its better because of not scorching your own unit are not using Villen in the right type decks.

No Title

I provide exhibits of Borkh used right with a nice combo (and a long set-up), which did offered variety - after all, not all of us want to see and play the same decks all over and over again - this is my favorite deck from before the hotfix, enjoy the screenshots (could have tons more), with the current mechanic those are close to impossible:

Attachments

• photo158270.jpg
    photo158270.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 37
  • photo158280.jpg
    photo158280.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 71
  • photo158290.jpg
    photo158290.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
^*SMH* you can provide as many screenshot as you want, you're missing the point. it is obvious that the former Villentretenmerth was dealing more damage on the board with 2 scorch than the current does with one as long as the second strongest isn't one of your own units, as long as there IS a second strongest to begin with, and that the second strongest' scorch value is at least 4 strength in total . Anyone can see that without any need of a pic (and your pics are actually bad, taken too soon or too late, as with the pic 1,4 and 2 it's at that point the same value as the current villen, and pic 3 it's too late to see what was the scorched value).

What you fail to understand is that Villen's maximum impact was voluntarily nerf because he was TOO OPPRESSIVE in decks tailored around him. So of course he's not as strong in best case scenario as he was before, that's the whole point of the nerf. (and the nerf was needed)
However, they didn't simply nerfed him, they made him viable in many decks that aren't directly tailored around him, as well as far more consistent and reliable than he used to be. He lost in potential value but won in consistency and deck compatibility.
As a neutral card, this is FAR FAR better design than the stupid double scorch he was.

And I can tell you, he's NOT weak at all as he is, especially in the current buffing meta, his value is often quite crazy, and the 8 strength body associated wins game in round 3.

Last edited:
First of, in all of this pictures I won decisively - my deck was built around that and had to take them fast, cause of the dozens of rage quits I was causing (and I do not brag, just stating a fact).

Villen was a wild card before the hotfix - which was the fun thing about him. He could burn your units or the opponents - and he still can, with far less DMG and far lesser effect. The effect that was making him strong and he was used in your deck with units with lesser STR, so he could be more effective in the final round (where the card is more effective to use... except if you don't play Renew for a second scare and a rage quit).

In the current meta it may SEEM that he is having a bigger value cause of the 8 STR, but it's not true, as 95% of the time your buffed opponent' units are with totally different STR values and the Scorch hits one Unit for 16 STR, while there are two others with 14 and 15 STR. And all that after 3 whole rounds in which the opponent can think for 10 000 solutions around the situation.

One could say he was having too much of a effect before, but this 3 rounds timer, in his current state right now, is ridiculous.

I think he is fine now with the single scorch, and eight strength. I only used him in control decks when I had mostly spells, and not many units to play. I've seen him played in other decks besides control after the patch.

I would prefer the previous iteration (4 str. 2 scorches). He had unique flavour, promoted some really creative deck-building, had a decisive trade-off (the low strength) and high risk-high reward component (much higher chance of scorching own unit(s)).

The current one feels very bland.

My only gripe with bhork right now is that for a single scorch effect it makes no sense to have him activate at the start of the user's turn. Sure, keep the timer to give the opponent time to react, but make the timer tick at the end of the user's turn, so that he can have a last say before the trigger.

Either way, I don't really dislike him how he is, but I preferred his past iteration. I'd be happy with him, with that trigger change.

Top Bottom