Petition: Stop making the game easier!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Petition: Stop making the game easier!

Yesterday, Marcin Momot said that latest patch supposed to balance HoS bosses' difficulty level. I think this patch is the last nail in the coffin of true gaming experience. You have already given 4 difficulty levels to choose from. Isn't it enough?!

Let other players have a real game experience with 'Death march' difficulty

Last edited by a moderator:
With the anger towards console gamers I presume you're on PC, if so just download one of many mods to tweak difficulty/combat.

It has nothing to do with pc or console.
I am on xbox one and i agree that DEVs should stop "balancing" the game difficulty.

It only makes the challenges way too easy and it is no longer challenging.
It also makes the achivements easier to achieve, making it no longer much of an achievement.
It really takes the fun away from the players who want more challenge.

If so-called "perfectionists" want to get all the achievements but cannot, because of their poor gaming skills. Then all they have to do is practice and get better at it.

Rather, let's have a very, very hard mode and nerf the easy difficulties if needed, also, very nice arguments you have there OP. :eredinfacepalm:

Is this in regards to the recent update for bossfights? I don't know the numbers, but they just reduced the difficulty of those fights for easy and normal mode. To my knowledge (as in, testing for myself), the higher two difficulties haven't been affected much at all (I noticed no change).

Probably worth considering on a case by case basis. Just saying 'don't rebalance at all' doesn't give room for improvements over bugs, miscalculations in design and so forth.

Valid complaint, but worded so as to attract controversy. If you do not want your post to be removed for cause, refrain from criticizing any other person's choice of platform, play style, or ability.

Well, as long as it affects only lower difficulty levels, I do not mind. Actually, I would prefer to have Easy difficulty really stupid easy, with boss fights being just a very fast affair with no real chance of death for those who just goes through a story and does not want to waste time on learning boss battle patterns Dark Souls-style, to re-load and try again and again, but to make higher difficulty levels very hard. This approach would probably satisfy everyone.

Well, as long as it affects only lower difficulty levels, I do not mind. Actually, I would prefer to have Easy difficulty really stupid easy, with boss fights being just a very fast affair with no real chance of death for those who just goes through a story and does not want to waste time on learning boss battle patterns Dark Souls-style, to re-load and try again and again, but to make higher difficulty levels very hard. This approach would probably satisfy everyone.

I think that's what they intended, or very near to. As to whether they were/are successful or not is up to the individual. Patch 1.11's changes haven't affected me in any outrageous way as implied by the OP, so I think this may be an overreaction -- though I do agree in a general sense that many games have been made too easy as a result of the injection of lazy gaming mindset from the last 10 years or so. I might have more to say on the matter if there was a specific example in tw3 that had been rebalanced for the wrong reasons, but for now, I see none.

When the changelog came out, I was worried that it had been made easier, but from what I've seen so far, it does only affect the easier difficulties. Which is reasonable, as the whole point of playing on a lower difficulty is to avoid "impossible" combat.

We saw enough examples in TW2, especially when Dark Mode came out, where people were thinking it easier than it was simply because they'd worked out how to play the fight better. Until or unless someone has actual data from game files to show that it's been nerfed on the harder difficulties, this seems to be assumptions rather than actual facts. So maybe hold off until you're sure there is a reason to be upset?

@RageGT - maybe you should say what you're agreeing with?

Last edited:
Don't care about other difficulties but I've been playing on Deathmarch since day 1 and it's progressively gotten easier, I guess its just how the game is but needing to install mods for combat kinda ruins the whole feel of "playing as intended"

Agree. I have no idea why are the doing it. There were already a lot of complains that DM gets too easy as we level up

Don't care about other difficulties but I've been playing on Deathmarch since day 1 and it's progressively gotten easier, I guess its just how the game is but needing to install mods for combat kinda ruins the whole feel of "playing as intended"
Well how do you expect it remain hard if your level 33 character with master level gear is running into opponents 10-15 levels below you towards the end of the game ?

Last edited:
Agreed, for example, seeing the Caretaker fight being nerfed like that in the video even though it could be a bug for all we know is just jarring, hope CDPR reconsiders.

Well how do you expect it remain hard if your level 33 character with master level gear is running into opponents 10-15 levels below you towards the end of the game ?

It's not that, I know you're suppose to feel like you're progressing but it reaches a point where even monsters your own level are as easy as a level 1 Nekker. Even before attaining mastercrafted witcher gear at level 20 it feels like you're playing on normal. It's not a big problem either way since there are some neat combat mods, it's just a bummer when the base game becomes too easy.

It's not that, I know you're suppose to feel like you're progressing but it reaches a point where even monsters your own level are as easy as a level 1 Nekker. Even before attaining mastercrafted witcher gear at level 20 it feels like you're playing on normal. It's not a big problem either way since there are some neat combat mods, it's just a bummer when the base game becomes too easy.

But is that because they're nerfing it, or just that you're finding it easier the more you play? TW2 only got nerfed once, on I think the very first patch, and yet this was a common complaint with it too. I think it's just that the more you play the game, the easier it feels. It's an overall balance issue (as discussed in other threads), not because it's being nerfed in patches.

So again - is there actual data evidence that HoS has been nerfed for the harder difficulty levels, or is it just people jumping to conclusions? Because if this is about game balance, not nerfing through patches, the thread's probably going to get locked, or merged.

And apparently:
Agreed, for example, seeing the Caretaker fight being nerfed like that in the video even though it could be a bug for all we know is just jarring, hope CDPR reconsiders.

Update:
Others have already confirmed that the Careticker did regen HP on their playthroughs after the patch, so this was a false alarm.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...being-Nerfed?p=1950247&viewfull=1#post1950247

And CDPR have already confirmed that the rebalance was on the easier difficulties only.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...being-Nerfed?p=1948238&viewfull=1#post1948238

So there really isn't any need for a suggestion for them to reverse something they didn't do. If you're experiencing an easier game on the harder difficulties, and have some data to show that it WAS nerfed, please follow-up in the other thread, because it seems like you'd be talking about a bug rather than something deliberate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom