Petition to Address Deficiencies and Bugs in "Be It Ever So Humble Epilogue"

+
Petition to Address Deficiencies and Bugs in "Be It Ever So Humble Epilogue"

I will start this thread off by thanking CDPR for taking the time to create this epilogue. You could have ended Blood and Wine at an earlier point in the expansion - say, Pomp and Strange Circumstance - but you took the time to give us a taste of what Geralt's retirement might be like, a blank canvas onto which we can project our own stories and visions of Geralt's future.

That being said, I and a number of other people on this forum have pointed out that there are a myriad of issues with the epilogue, ranging from simple bugs that should be easy to address, to more complex issues like the restrictive daily routines of the npcs at Corvo Bianco that detracts from immersion and seems antithetical to CDPR's commitment to "never doing things in half measures."

Below I have listed a number of the issues that I have come across, and areas where I think the devs could improve and expand upon the epilogue. I invite others in a polite and civil manner to voice your opinions on the topic - feel free to disagree with me if you wish - to share your experiences of and concerns about the epilogue, and to add anything that I have overlooked.

NB: I am not strictly asking for suggestions, but rather am inviting people to comment on the epilogue in general - whether you liked it, disliked it, how you think it can be improved - and I am also trying to get a sense of what bugs and other oddities others have experienced, since there seem to be quite a few issues with it. Lastly, please note that, if you have not reached this point in the game, you might want to turn away since there are spoilers below.

Bugs that I have personally experienced

1. The divan outside the main entrance of Corvo Bianco appears to be glitched, both with regards to Triss and Yennefer. Whenever they recline on the divan, they appear to be floating in mid-air when Geralt walks away.

View attachment 56871

2. Both Triss and Yennefer appear to have issues with navigating the furniture in the master bedroom at Corvo Bianco. When they enter the estate to go to sleep, they more often than not stare blankly at the wall, sometimes mounting the bed and becoming rooted in that position. If this bug occurs, their daily routine is interrupted, they never leave the main estate, and they stay fixed in this spot.

View attachment 56881

Bugs that others have experienced

1. @sv3672 was kind enough to provide a few pics of other bizarre occurrences in our vineyard, one being the broken character models of Dandelion and Ciri. Apparently when they go to sleep in the guest bedroom upstairs, they dissolve into the bed and only fragments of their clothing is showing.

View attachment 56891

2. @algernon79 has reported an issue - which I have also experienced - where the dining table disappears in the main house, and only a candle is floating in the air.

update: here is a screenshot illustrating the problem which I took on my ps4:

View attachment 57201

Recommendations for improvement

1. In addition to fixing the aforementioned bugs, I was also thinking that it might be nice if the devs tweek the routines or behavioral patterns of Triss, Yennefer, Dandelion, and Ciri. If they are to be the only companions that we have at our estate, at least make their schedules a little bit more complex, less predictable, and more life like. As it stands, they alternate between reclining (more often, floating) on a broken divan, and returning to the master suite where they stare at the wall. NPCs in Beauclaire and elsewhere take part in a variety of activities, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that the supporting cast be given equal treatment. Perhaps little things could be introduced, like visiting the stall to see Roach, cooking something in the kitchen, or just programming them to visit town every once in a while. It would not require additional voice acting, just tweaks to their AI, path-finding, and/or scripting.

2. This recommendation is, admittedly, a long shot and probably cost and time prohibitive at this point, but I know that a lot of us were expecting there to be a last hurrah at Corvo Bianco, an opportunity to invite our friends (emphasis on the plural) to our estate, similar to what we did at Kaer Morhen with the No Place Like Home quest. In a separate thread, @hedop and many others have offered some good feedback on how to improve this aspect of the epilogue, so I have gone ahead and linked that here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...se-of-the-guest-room-in-Corvo-Bianco-Spoilers

3. Related to the previous comment, a lot of us were confused by the choices that went into determining who would visit Geralt at the end of the game. Not only was it anti-climactic that only one guest appears, but the fact that the vast majority of us romanced someone (whether that be Triss or Yennefer), and that this precludes us from ever seeing Ciri in the epilogue, is problematic. The vast majority of players are not going to go back and replay 200+ hours of content in order to experience what amounts to 5 minutes of new dialogue. Provided that Ciri is alive in one's play-through, it makes more sense for her to appear by default alongside Geralt's love interest.

Relevant discussions in other threads: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...The-Main-Game-That-Affect-Corvo-Bianco-Ending

Thoughts, feedback? Am I being unreasonable, is there something that I left out? Feel free to leave it below, but let's keep it civil and respectful. Thanks!

:cheers4:

Attachments

• bedroom issue.jpg
    bedroom issue.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 470
  • dandelion.jpg
    dandelion.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 356
  • Divan bug.jpg
    Divan bug.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Vanishing Dining Table.jpg
    Vanishing Dining Table.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Update:

Prior to patch 1.22, Triss and Yennefer were both wont to stand in the master bedroom at Corvo Bianco and stare at an indeterminate point in the wall. Sometimes they would also stand on the bed rather than going to sleep. In addition, there were texture/placement problems with Triss and Yennefer on the divan outside of Corvo Bianco. Once Geralt terminated his conversation with them and walked away, they would appear to be floating or hovering to the side of this piece of furniture, rather than actually reclining upon it. Now the last problem appears to be solved (?) for some reason - Triss is actually reclining on the furniture - but regardless of the time of day, whether it is morning, noon, or night, she never goes inside the estate, but remains permanently outdoors.

Anyone else able to replicate this? I am on the PS4 and playing NG+

View attachment 57441

Attachments

• Night time bug.jpg
    Night time bug.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Completely agree.

p.s. To be more easy, perhaps at least make Triss/Yen/Ciri/Dandelion able to sit at table and eat, sometimes, as many other npc's.

Update: got a response from CDPR, and it appears that they are going to look into the issue (that is, Yennefer and Triss floating on the divan rather than reclining upon it, and the bug where they stand on the bed and stare at the wall). These strange occurrences have been happening less as of late, so I'm not sure if 1.22 helped or not. Hard to tell. The table in the dining room is still bugged and appears invisible on my NG+ PS4 save, though.

Bumping this thread up since all of the problems which I enumerated in the original post are still present and weren't addressed by patch 1.22.

Top Bottom