Petition to erase all romances from the expansion packs

+

Petition to erase all romances from the expansion packs

• Are you drunk? Go back to the beach, lunatic!

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Not sure if serious or joking...

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • This is madness! I need my waifu! Right now. Give it to me!

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Classical Scholdarr. Only crap on his mind. Nothing to see here.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Yes. YES. You're probably drunk but in vino veritas.

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters
Let's trade waifus to Cahir, Regis, Milva, Angouleme, Coen, etc. They dead? No problem. Some kind of purple unicorn, which will come from nowhere to resurrect these guys, and when will disappear into the shadows - would be a good explanation. And unicorn, please, don't forget about Essi Daven. At least Geralt deserves good woman. [Toward the end of the journey of course. Not earlier].

Now this is the first thread, in a long time, that I can stand behind. Ironic seeing how it's made by someone who called me a CDPR fanboy once.

The disproportionate amount of romance that was brought into the third game is what I think to be one of its major downfalls. Now amount wouldn't be that big of a problem if it wasn't done in such a, as others put it, Biowarian style. The player is constantly being assured that they did the right choice, even more so if those "leaked" new lines of dialogue prove to be true. That's not how The Witcher handled choices, ever.

So I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that romance should be scaled back in the expansions, or chucked to the side altogether, but that seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:
I got my bloody share of waifus already, so I stand behind this no-bleeping-waifu-romances one hundred percent. Can a guy just go on a business trip, have a quick roll in a hay now and then, without any clingy women? I am actually very surprised how many people want these non-stop romances, and actually like having all these nagging WAIFUS around.

Looks like petitions is a new sport on the forum these days ;D But I agree this is getting ridiculous. It's an RPG we are talking about, and one based on the Witcher books. We need more expansion packs with Geralt traveling to the edge of the world, or uncovering some new unknown plot in the best detective / witcher type fashion.

---------- Updated at 01:42 AM ----------

Biowarian is a new funny term to remember ;)

---------- Updated at 01:47 AM ----------

But if some so like petitioning, where is a petition for playable Dandelion and real sequel to the Saviors of Queens? :surprised:

Last edited:
Meh, if we have to tell them they've gone overboard, it's already too late.
It will be interesting to see how they implement these expansions, and explain Geralt giving two shits about them, considering the events in the main game take absolute priority over wasting time somewhere else for the sake of adventuring.

In either case, I do not believe that an expansion with Shani on the front cover will not involve some sort of romantic involvement with her. So, I guess as long as we don't see Tali from Mass Effect, we can call it a win.

Also, Dandelion in Witcher 3 sucks, gief Dandelion from Witcher 1 and the books.

I want a chance with Shani! I was with her and then wake up with another woman in bed for no reason :fuss:

But I like your idea. In fact we should ask for a TRUE ALONE GERALT path, with zero romance and tons of brothel nights \o/

Time to get back to the roads for Geralt. Doing Witchery stuff, making stupid comments and complaining about life itself.

Spare the poor man the hassle with the women. His life is hard enough already. And spare the community these endless Biowarian romance discussions...

All I want is a classical Geralt tale, only him, Roach and Dandelion around (and maybe some stranger for a quicky and some friends who die sooner or later)...

What do you think?

I'm surprised to see you complaining about "Biowarnian romances" since you strike me as a Sapkowski purest, and Yennefer's relationship with Geralt is an integral part of those novels.

Honestly, I think more role-playing games should have a "romance" or companion component. In real life, people have relationships, why should a fictionalized reality be any different?

It's the fans that make the romances lame with their endless bickering.

Addendum: re-reading your original post, I have to say that a bro tale would kind of be refreshing. Geralt, Zoltan, and Dandelion on the road and their shenanigans.

Last edited:
Nah, it's not gonna happen. Romance is too rooted in the games characteristic now. And removing it, actually might do more harm than good - especially to fanbases.

I just want the game to recognize my choice, but not bend itself, because of it.
That was the strongest thing about the Witcher games - the world acknowledges you, but doesn't act like you are a center of it, doesn't conform you and more so - doesn't change the previous statements, characters and events, so the player feels like a special snowflake.

If the expansion's romances are set up like this, fucking amazing.

Guest 2812644

With out romance the story becomes a short encounter with an adversary. The romance is far more than a sex scene or an " oh Geralt " moment. Romance puts the meaning and purpose behind the quest so that when completed there is a feeling of accomplishment or fulfillment.

I'm surprised to see you complaining about "Biowarnian romances" since you strike me as a Sapkowski purest, and Yennefer's relationship with Geralt is an integral part of those novels.
The part of being a Sapkowski purest is true.

But the relationship between Geralt and Yennefer and Geralt in the books is almost the complete opposite of a Biowarian romance. It's two entirely different things. I don't complain about relationships at all. I complain about video gamey romances. I complain about pressing complex things into common video gamey terms that butchers almost all they originally stood for. I complain about turning complex and multi-layered relationships into one-dimensional, profance and ultimately childish romances.

That the choice between Yen and Triss in TW3 - two video gamey Biowarian romances at their "best" - is actually the most important amd most "meaningful" choice by far in the whole game is either a bad joke (like CDPR trolling us...) or pretty much the deepest narrative flaw of Witcher (minus the ending, which is by far the worst part).

Hell, why I'm so serious?! Not drunk enough again, Ggoddammit... :blink:

Last edited:
Top Bottom