Petition to get Triss Merigold added to the Expansion packs!

+
You do know that Geralt lost his memory right? You do know that Geralt and Yennefer's fates are bound together by powerful magic correct? Is it logical to just Ignore that game cannon? The games talk about Yennefer and how Geralt loves her. You know that right? Triss is well aware of their relationship and she uses geralt's memory loss to take advantage of him. Her words not mine.

It isn't my fault if you forgot Triss mentioning Yen in the first game or you forgot to Role play Geralt as though he had lost his memory. Everything I have mentioned here is in the games. So is it "logical" that we should just ignore this? Triss knew what she was doing and Knew geralt was tied to Yen through love and magic and she knew she was taking advantage of geralt's state. So when he got his memory back she accepted things with yen because she knew it was a very real outcome that geralt would get his memory back and go back to the woman he was tied to both through magic and love. Not my fault you are being selective in your memories of "game" canon.

And to top it all off you CAN choose Triss in the end. You are just upset because Triss isn't a major character and that makes sense, Yen is like a mother to Ciri and Geralt is like a Father and in a story about finding Ciri i expect her two "adopted" parents to play heavily in the plot more so than Triss.

If i find out that you own a T shirt that has "TEAM YEN " on it i swear ......................lol jk jk , seriously though there is no need for this , i dont think anyone here is upset, its not that serious, OP and other people who like Triss have every right to make suggestions to REDs, you'd think that the game having more content would please everyone.

---------- Updated at 10:59 AM ----------

You would think but he has it stuck in his head there is only one story and Geralt forever for Yen. Forget previous games, this games writing and choices. He wishes the games were the books but there not. Saying it 100 times in different ways won't make it so. Discrediting what the Reds themselves have wrote to be canon won't either.

Agreed, this is more personal to him than the rest of us it seems.

What are you even talking about? Everyone who doesn't share your opinion has said they want more of both and not just your favorite character. This isn't AT ALL about what is canon and what isn't.

If you read his comments that is all he says. He also says how Reds don't write there own stories without supervision from author. To make sure it's up to his fantasy books are game canon.

"You do know that Geralt lost his memory right? You do know that Geralt and Yennefer's fates are bound together by powerful magic correct? Is it logical to just Ignore that game cannon?"

"Not my fault you are being selective in your memories of "game" canon."

"That is just the way the lore of the game is, its like this way because the Author didn't make Triss geralt's true love."

Want me to continue? I got more...

Last edited:
If you read his comments that is all he says.

"You do know that Geralt lost his memory right? You do know that Geralt and Yennefer's fates are bound together by powerful magic correct? Is it logical to just Ignore that game cannon?"

"Not my fault you are being selective in your memories of "game" canon."

"That is just the way the lore of the game is, its like this way because the Author didn't make Triss geralt's true love."

Want me to continue? I got more...
So personal for you guys when it comes to source material. Forgive me for posting again.

You do know that Geralt lost his memory right? You do know that Geralt and Yennefer's fates are bound together by powerful magic correct? Is it logical to just Ignore that game cannon? The games talk about Yennefer and how Geralt loves her. You know that right? Triss is well aware of their relationship and she uses geralt's memory loss to take advantage of him. Her words not mine.

It isn't my fault if you forgot Triss mentioning Yen in the first game or you forgot to Role play Geralt as though he had lost his memory. Everything I have mentioned here is in the games. So is it "logical" that we should just ignore this? Triss knew what she was doing and Knew geralt was tied to Yen through love and magic and she knew she was taking advantage of geralt's state. So when he got his memory back she accepted things with yen because she knew it was a very real outcome that geralt would get his memory back and go back to the woman he was tied to both through magic and love. Not my fault you are being selective in your memories of "game" canon.

And to top it all off you CAN choose Triss in the end. You are just upset because Triss isn't a major character and that makes sense, Yen is like a mother to Ciri and Geralt is like a Father and in a story about finding Ciri i expect her two "adopted" parents to play heavily in the plot more so than Triss.

You are completely missing the point I feel. You keep saying you forget x, y and z. But you yourself are completely ignoring any emotions and connections Geralt has formed in the game(s). As for Triss using Geralt's memory loss and Geralt (possibly) being angry about that - this is exactly the point some of us are trying to make. That simply isn't in the game. Why is there no real discussion about this topic? Is Triss perfect? No. But those are exactly the things we want to know more about. Without it , 'the Triss experience' just feel incomplete. The same can be said for many other instances, for example: when Yen kissis Geralt in front on Triss when Geralt already told Triss hel oves her - it isn't even mentioned afterwards. In the next personal scene with triss she just asks you to move in with her. I don't know about you, but that simply doesn't make sense.

Besides, Triss is also an important part of Ciri's life(big sister), so she could've easily been integrated as an integral part of the story.

As for the book argument, I suggest you read the article linked by Double_Oh_Snap. My view on it is 2-3 pages back in this topic, but let me quote it:
As for all those 'the books' arguments: this is suppose to be a fan-fiction continuation of the story. While having amnesia Geralt has gained new experiences and insights which make him a different person than the person in the books. Because he has regained his memory, you can't just throw away everything he has experienced and learned in the past two games and revert him back to the old Geralt from the books. No, he should be a combination of the two and he should have to strugle (player choice) as to what is best for him - which is what many of us missed in the game.
The current game mostly grabs back to the old(book) Geralt and trivializes many of the choices and experiences we've had in the past two games. This is an injustice to the player, an injustice to the past two games and, most important of all;), an injustice to our beloved Triss.

But to get back on topic. What exactly is your problem with including Triss in the expansion(s)? No one wants to cut Yen, Ciri or anyone else short, we just want Triss (and her romance) to be a more integral part of the story and have the Triss route be a satisfying experience. Some people apparently think this is possible through an expansion. I somewhat doubt that, but as I said before, it all depends on what the plans for these expansion are, what's done already etc. 'Adding' Triss into an already written story is a big no-no for me personally.

Last edited:
What are you even talking about? Everyone who doesn't share your opinion has said they want more of both and not just your favorite character. This isn't AT ALL about what is canon and what isn't.

Absolutly OK! But the whole game pushes you towards Yen already, like i said it is not just the Story for me. There should be more interactions with Yen, Triss and the rest of the Crew and other things that are not handeled well in my opinion.

I'm glad they chose to be faithful to the source material to flesh out Yen a lot more because it's an important person in Geralt's life.

But they should also be faithful to thier own games and provide as much content with Triss. I've read the Last Wish, but I've spent hours upon hours playing the games with Triss as one of the main characters. I wish they coiuld have expanded the triangle a bit more in the witcher 3 but overall I'm happy with it all.

I feel more content with Triss in an expansion would be very welcome. Even if it's just a side story, or even a large dialogue tree with an ending cutscene.

We want more Triss!

Last edited:

Ignore them. I stated clearly twice now that the reason i think this is a bad idea to make a DLC that is exclusive to a portion of the fan base.

They think that because i said the reason Yen gets so much screen time is one, the story is about Ciri, and Yen is more important in Ciri's life then Triss and two, the game is based on the same history as the books so this is why she gets so much screen time because they have to put Yen in context to geralt and Ciri and part of that context is geralt's love for yen. To which they even posted the Dev explaining the exact same thing I pointed out and somehow that nullifies my argument? Go figure. If people don't like this they should blame the author not CDPR because CDPR didn't conjure Yen out of thin air just to rain on their parade she is an integral part of the Witcher history and in that history Geralt loves yen. This is fact. You can choose Triss in the end but choosing Triss doesn't erase history. yet someone me stating you can choose Triss equals me being against Triss and gerlat being together.

Not once did I imply a player can't or shouldn't pick Triss. Not once did i say because yen is Geralt's love in the Canon they shouldn't make a Triss romance DLC. I clearly stated they shouldn't make any DLC that is by its nature exclusionary to a portion of their customers. Better to use those resources to make content that every player gets the benifit from not just those players who pick triss.

It is selective reading. They can't address my main point so they attack my explanation to why Triss got less screen time but their arguments are so circular that they even quote the dev team stating the much same thing i said.

I had the audacity to think Triss doesn't merit special treatment that excludes players who didn't pick her as a Romance option. I love how the assumption they are argue from in terms of Game canon is Gerald loves Triss but you could have just as easily pick Shani in the first game over Triss. So why not demand a Shani Romance DLC? what about that game canon? Oh but wait Shani isn't their pet npc so no need to give Geralt closure with her.

Last edited:
So why not demand a Shani Romance DLC? what about that game canon? Oh but wait Shani isn't their pet npc so no need to give Geralt closure with her.

I do not want a whole Triss DLC, all i want is to spend more time with the Lady that i chose in the Game! I want my choices to matter! And yes Shani should have been there too! But already in the Witcher 2!

All im saying is that these things are not dealt well by CDPR in my opinion!

Ignore them. I stated clearly twice now that the reason i think this is a bad idea to make a DLC that is exclusive to a portion of the fan base.

They think that because i said the reason Yen gets so much screen time is one, the story is about Ciri, and Yen is more important in Ciri's life then Triss and two, the game is based on the same history as the books so this is why she gets so much screen time because they have to put Yen in context to geralt and Ciri and part of that context is geralt's love for yen. To which they even posted the Dev explaining the exact same thing I pointed out and somehow that nullifies my argument? Go figure. If people don't like this they should blame the author not CDPR because CDPR didn't conjure Yen out of thin air just to rain on their parade she is an integral part of the Witcher history and in that history Geralt loves yen. This is fact. You can choose Triss in the end but choosing Triss doesn't erase history. yet someone me stating you can choose Triss equals me being against Triss and gerlat being together.

Not once did I imply a player can't or shouldn't pick Triss. Not once did i say because yen is Geralt's love in the Canon they shouldn't make a Triss romance DLC. I clearly stated they shouldn't make any DLC that is by its nature exclusionary to a portion of their customers. Better to use those resources to make content that every player gets the benifit from not just those players who pick triss.

It is selective reading. They can't address my main point so they attack my explanation to why Triss got less screen time but their arguments are so circular that they even quote the dev team stating the much same thing i said.

I had the audacity to think Triss doesn't merit special treatment that excludes players who didn't pick her as a Romance option. I love how the assumption they are argue from in terms of Game canon is Gerald loves Triss but you could have just as easily pick Shani in the first game over Triss. So why not demand a Shani Romance DLC? what about that game canon? Oh but wait Shani isn't their pet npc so no need to give Geralt closure with her.

This will be short as I said my peace in posts with you. Everything you say is insane I'm sorry... You state fact or canon here or there. This person is more important than that person to you maybe but it isn't fact and I hope not a single person has believed this nonsense. The games are Reds canon you just keep ignoring there current writing and past games. All to satisfy Yen this Triss isn't that but it's ok guys you can pick her but it's not really true canon.

I addressed every point you have made in my previous post. Go read it again and don't be selective this time. The devs have said nothing you have said get some proof of that please?

I also love how you keep bringing Yen up as if anybody thinks she is a problem. I just think anything posted about Triss without Yen gets at you. An you don't nor will you ever understand or care about the valid reasons we think she deserves much more. So why are you in a petition thread? I know the answer already but enlighten me please.

Last edited:

The only thing i disagreed with in your previous post was the whole " canon" thing to be honest , Yen is not Geralt's canon lover in game , no one is , and that is also a " fact " , game might have been inspired by the books but its own thing :D hence Double_Oh_Snap quoting the Author to emphasize that point , a point you havent accepted despite it being obvious.

As for why Yen got more screen time, i agree her connection with Ciri is much stronger than that of Triss so it makes sense she was the co star of this show.

Last edited:
@Gothfather Starting from your first post, I (stil)l think you misunderstand what people want. People don't want a lopsided Triss Expansion. People are scared CDPR will, just like in the main game, make Triss a secondary character. Do they want to have slightly more Triss to correct the current imbalance? Yes, probably. They however aren't expecting a full Triss only featured romance expansion. At least that's how I read it. I don't fully agree, but I've stated my opinion earlier.

The only thing i disagreed with in your previous post was the whole " canon" thing to be honest , Yen is not Geralt's canon lover in game and that is also a " fact " , game might have been inspired by the books but its own thing :D hence Double_Oh_Snap quoting the Author to emphasize that point , a point you havent accepted despite it being obvious.

As for why Yen got more screen time, i agree her connection with Ciri is much stronger than that of Triss so it makes sense she was the co star of this show.

What so geralt and yen never had a relationship? There is no Canon of their love in the game? odd I'm pretty sure the games reference their history and relationship on multiple occasions in the series. The devs clearly state they have to give yen lots of screen time to explain this canon relationship and give it context. if their was no canon relationship they wouldn't need to explain anything. The entire story in W3 only makes sense if their relationship is canon. Why would the game start with geralt dreaming of yen if their history isn't canon? Why would geralt be searching for yen if their history isn't canon?

What Geralt can't have loved Yen because Yen only just showed up in the games so she didn't exist in Geralt's past? Are people so Triss crazed that the Idea that geralt loved yen is so anathema to them they have to claim it never happened and it isn't canon?

The games do NOT exist in a vacuum to the Witcher books, they are a story by CDPR but they are not 'own thing,' they draw their history from the books. The Games reference the books, also any IP has to have stories that are approved by the owner of the ip that doesn't mean that the owner wrote the stories. I never claimed such a thing. I never even implied that the games couldn't tell a a Triss and Gerlat love story. i mentioned more than once that geralt can choose Triss. I never implied that was a wrong choice either.

It isn't my fault you people can't handle the fact that the book's relationship between yen and Geralt is also the games history. That their relationship is canon. According to the games Yen and Geralt where a thing. but i guess all those times i heard or read the game mentioning Geralt and yen i was just imagining it.

Yennefer being Geralt's canon lover is a weird argument since Geralt is canonically DEAD.
Not if you read the epilogue of Season of Storms.

If Witcher book canon doesn't matter whatsoever, I guess CDPR's new "The World of The Witcher" book is a complete waste of time. The games have made Geralt's CDPR story (present and future) optional and up to the player (not included in book canon) but you cannot write off the source material because the canon book Geralt is CDPR Geralt's canon past. The books happened in game canon. That is why the books matter. You disregard the books, you cut out 95% (if not more) of what makes game Geralt actually Geralt. Does this actually make sense now?

Maybe this topic should actually get it's own thread if it's going to be derailed like this. Canon talk would be an improvement and possibly less waifu creepy over Triss thread #7526.

Edit: What Gothfather said. :p

What so geralt and yen never had a relationship? There is no Canon of their love in the game? odd I'm pretty sure the games reference their history and relationship on multiple occasions in the series. The devs clearly state they have to give yen lots of screen time to explain this canon relationship and give it context. if their was no canon relationship they wouldn't need to explain anything. The entire story in W3 only makes sense if their relationship is canon. Why would the game start with geralt dreaming of yen if their history isn't canon? Why would geralt be searching for yen if their history isn't canon?

What Geralt can't have loved Yen because Yen only just showed up in the games so she didn't exist in Geralt's past? Are people so Triss crazed that the Idea that geralt loved yen is so anathema to them they have to claim it never happened and it isn't canon?

The games do NOT exist in a vacuum to the Witcher books, they are a story by CDPR but they are not 'own thing,' they draw their history from the books. The Games reference the books, also any IP has to have stories that are approved by the owner of the ip that doesn't mean that the owner wrote the stories. I never claimed such a thing. I never even implied that the games couldn't tell a a Triss and Gerlat love story. i mentioned more than once that geralt can choose Triss. I never implied that was a wrong choice either.

It isn't my fault you people can't handle the fact that the book's relationship between yen and Geralt is also the games history. That their relationship is canon. According to the games Yen and Geralt where a thing. but i guess all those times i heard or read the game mentioning Geralt and yen i was just imagining it.

I'm sorry it is so funny how everyone knows Yen history and relationship but also knows Triss'. You just decide to disregard Triss completely it is really hilarious actually. The fact that you are that pro Yen you can't see what anybody is saying. You think people are attacking Yen, when this is all about the Triss canon path. Which is no matter what you say still canon. Nobody has brought up Yen because nobody has a problem with that path but you have a desire to belittle Triss as a character and her canon lol. You sir are sad...Backed by completely false statements and unrelated books. In a thread petitioning more Triss no less.

Last edited:
@Gothfather Starting from your first post, I (stil)l think you misunderstand what people want. People don't want a lopsided Triss Expansion. People are scared CDPR will, just like in the main game, make Triss a secondary character. Do they want to have slightly more Triss to correct the current imbalance? Yes, probably. They however aren't expecting a full Triss only featured romance expansion. At least that's how I read it. I don't fully agree, but I've stated my opinion earlier.

Well i took the OP at their word
However I would like to see more content to make up for the only area lacking - a lopsided romance towards Yen.

This line clearly seems to indicate they feel that Yen got more romance time then Triss and they want to see more content to make up the imbalance. This means making more romance content for triss. I CLEARLY stated multiple times that I am against this because it is exclusionary by its very nature as anyone who doesn't Pick Triss doesn't benefit from the new content. They are far better focusing their resources on making content that everyone can benifit from. But somehow this translates in to me being anti Triss or on Team Yen. I would be against any new content that featured more romance time with Yen. Do you know why? i've stated it multiple times.

You are missing our point. we don't look for special treatment - we want consistency.

We didn't start this effort to get a cute DLC.

Because yeah DLC is a fun thing to think about but our point - if you gave it some thought and read all our arguments in our main thread, is that if you do choose to go for Triss the game steers you towards Yen anyhow! someone summed it out quite nicely, the game feels like this: "Well yeah... you can have Triss... but here... have some Yen instead".

I bet you already finished a play-through with Yen as the one you went for - so just for the heck of it, try to make a speed-run where you go for Triss and check how much commentary and events are influenced by your decision to go for Triss, here's a hint:

Almost none

characters assuming you are with Yen regardless, Triss will disappear and barely be involved in the plot whether she stays to "be with Geralt and help with Ciri" or not.

Something is just frustratingly missing. And we don't need Triss-Romance-DLC to "fix" it, we need a main-game Triss commentary and interaction patch to "fix" it.

DLC romance would be awesome for BOTH of them, but that's not our point.

It's about the game acknowledging we went for Triss and stop shoving Yen into our faces.

Top Bottom