Petition to get Triss Merigold added to the Expansion packs!

+
I got nothing.

When someone wont even admit that the game uses the books are their history and so the books are part of the game's canon. What is the point? Its lets ignore anything Yen and geralt related because I want my head canon to be pure with the love of Triss and geralt.

have at it. Enjoy. Cuz it is impossible to have a discussion as we have zero common frame of reference as even the game referencing the past as actual history that happen is vetoed by your head canon.

Is that it?
You are going to just call me dumb because you cant come up with anything?

Where did i say that the books arent canon?
I only said that Yen's and Geralt's love not so much canon in the game and you got upset over it. Are you saying i am wrong?
Then why it is in the game? You can straight up tell Yen that Geralt loved her only because of the Djinni.
Are you gonna call the devs dumb too?

Plus are you basically against the logical continuation of the story in the games.

"my head canon" - So its is confirmed that you are against choosing Triss and telling Yennefer that Geralt's love was made up by the Djinni.
Thats what you implied. That the only way is to go with Yennefer, because thats canon.
Shouldnt the devs just take away choices in the game and let us awalys proceed as the real Geralt would? Since that is the canon.

Wow. Why do you even play the games? They arent canon.

Next time i replay KOTOR1 please remind me that i shouldnt go dark side since light-side ending & Revan is the canon one.

Last edited:
I got nothing.

When someone wont even admit that the game uses the books are their history and so the books are part of the game's canon. What is the point? Its lets ignore anything Yen and geralt related because I want my head canon to be pure with the love of Triss and geralt.

have at it. Enjoy. Cuz it is impossible to have a discussion as we have zero common frame of reference as even the game referencing the past as actual history that happen is vetoed by your head canon.

I just don't understand you anymore. Yes, we know that Yen and Geralt were together in the books.

How can Triss and Geralt be headcanon, when they were together in the first 2 games? All we're asking is for the Triss relationship be more consistent and treated equally to Yen's. We're a certainly not asking for less Yen.

Can we please get back on topic and leave the 'canon' and semantic discussions for another thread?

So what do you guys actually think about the OP? What do you agree with, what part don't you agree with and why?

I personally find the following part fairly awkwardly worded, so I'm not 100% sure what he means by that - which I feel is also the core of the endless discussion:
How about adding Triss into the expansions?

For me its:
- Adding Triss into an already written adventure -> no - explained it in an earlier post
- Creating something new in which Triss plays a big (equal) part (ofcourse beside other characters like Yen, Ciri and Geralt) -> yes
- Creating an expansion thats completely based on Triss -> maybe, totally depends on how it's done. I'd like some more background story for her, but I can totally understand why people wouldn't like this.

Last edited:
That is a good point that i brought up earlier, MY Gerald is not the "Book" Gerald, his Character is based on my Choices, how i play him! Everybody has his own Gerry out there and the should be a statisfying Story for everyone.

If only book fans would understand that ....

If only book fans would understand that ....

I understand that. And I am not trying to take that away from you or anyone that hasn't read the books. But, even though I don't consider the games canon, I do treat them as if they were in my decisions as Geralt. Meaning I make choices that book-Geralt would have made.

If people prefer Yen because they read the books and want to stick to that part of the lore, then they are welcome to do so.
But why should someone like me who has not even read the books and no interest in doing so, be forced to follow the story of books I have not even read?

I play the game because I like the game and enjoy playing it, not because I read some books the game is based on.
The choices I make in the game are my choices, not the choices made in some book somewhere.

Whats the point of the game if we cant make our own choices, but have to follow the story of some book somewhere?
It would not be a game then, but rather an interactive book.

Last edited:
I agree. I barely got 2 words in when I saw Triss at Kaer Morhen. It was ALL about Yennefer aside from Ciri.

And she kissed me even though I rejected her right as Triss came in.

If people prefer Yen because they read the books and want to stick to that part of the lore, then they are welcome to do so.
But why should someone like me who has not even read the books and no interest in doing so, why should I be forced to follow the story of books I have not even read?

I play the game because I like the game and enjoy playing it, not because I read some books the game is based on.
The choices I make in the game are my choices, not the choices made in some book somewhere.

Whats the point of the game if we cant make our own choices, but have to follow the story of some book somewhere?
It would not be a game then, but rather an interactive book.

Give this man some honor! Because you are totally right with that.

I was thinking the same I mean why should the players be bound to the love for a character from a book if u dont even like that character?
Makes no sense to me for an RPG where YOUR decisions has value.

And I said that a couple of times now: It doesnt matter how much time Geralt spent with Yen and it doesnt matter how much time he spent with Triss!
Its the moment that counts! And correct me if Im wrong but WE ARE GERALT. WE PLAY HIM so WE are the one deciding if it is Yen or Triss.

And for me its not important to have an expansion only for Triss romance tho. I would like to see the same as for Yen because both of them have fans.

So why not creating an expansion where both of them have their own romance story with some nice quests and a couple of dialouges where you can soak tons of informations out of the person you prefer.

That would be awesome!

Despite being Yen-addicted, I choose to romance Triss on my second playthrough and I must agree with Team Triss on that subject.

As foolish as it seems, i've never read the books or play another Witcher game long enough to care for Triss (we've got to begin somewhere :p ).

I discover the whole Witcher universe with this awesome game. But, as a newb to that universe, I would love to see more depth in Triss character, that's what she's lacking currently IMO compared to Yennefer. I do understand that the whole plot is about Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri but after doing Triss' quests I do feel she deserves a bit more. She just vanished and became as a back seat character after all we went through (I mean she suffers a lot with Menge's men). Even when romancing her, she lacks romantic scenes, there are just two or three more if I remember good.

This game blows my mind in every aspects, it's just absolutely epic and, maybe, I just want too much of it but I do regret this aspect of the game, not enough Triss when you decide to go for her.

I'm now convinced to play the two other games and read the books to know more about that great universe while waiting for the DLCs to launch another playthrough but as a newcomer that was my two cents.

I don't know if it can change anything but /sign. The more the best !

P.S : Sorry for my bad english, not my mother language.

Can we please get back on topic and leave the 'canon' and semantic discussions for another thread?

So what do you guys actually think about the OP? What do you agree with, what part don't you agree with and why?

I personally find the following part fairly awkwardly worded, so I'm not 100% sure what he means by that - which I feel is also the core of the endless discussion:

For me its:
- Adding Triss into an already written adventure -> no - explained it in an earlier post
- Creating something new in which Triss plays a big (equal) part (ofcourse beside other characters like Yen, Ciri and Geralt) -> yes
- Creating an expansion thats completely based on Triss -> maybe, totally depends on how it's done. I'd like some more background story for her, but I can totally understand why people wouldn't like this.

I agree, I believe the whole conversation has come full circle anyways.

What I would like to see is.
-Added content into the main story.
So it no longer feels like Triss' role is meaningless.
-Something that might be very interesting for gamers. Extra background stories for the characters that were introduced to us in the games (Which would naturally include Triss and Yen)
- I'm a sucker for Magic, and mages. Something that will add to the Mage story line would be pretty cool. Which would include Triss, Yen, and the Lodge.

I would love to see what others have in mind.

I would love to see what others have in mind.

A Lodge expansion with the emphasis on on Triss/Yen (depending on who you chose, or simply both) would be really cool. I also find most of the other sorceresses interesting.

No clue what such an expansion would entail, but maybe something with setting up a new Lodge - or maybe even blocking the setup or dismantling it.

I'm all for more Triss. But please change her hair style.

Here's an idea for a new quest. Based on the love scene with Triss in the lighthouse the two sailors think a message was sent to them in code. Well this leads them to some wild conclusions and they just happen to release an ancient evil onto the world where you and Triss have to go explore and set things right.

Last edited:
/Signed

Maybe not a dlc but if there is ever a content patch add a little content for Triss in the main story, make others acknowledge that you are in fact with her and react accordingly, maybe even a few lines for her.
Also make flirting with Yen an option, there are many times where you flirt with her and you dont have a say (for example, Skellige).

Last edited:
#signed

I´ve been really falling in love with Triss in this game. On my first run i´ve choosen to go the dirty way and got the "Geralt-got-what-he-deserved"-scene. After finishing this way with a really bad feeling and reloading a earlier save to stay loyal to Triss, i got really dissapointed when i walked the point where it usually triggers the earlier mentioned Scene. I´d really expected to have Triss-scene, but now iam on the boat to look for the Sunstone (again) and feel very displeased since then.

On another Note: i wonder why EVERYONE just vanishes. Would it be hard for CDPR to get them back in for random missions? Iam waiting for RedKit 2 if thats not the case, to get all characters back and give them Random Missions (like Nightmother in Skyrim) rewards should be weapons, armor, romance scenes ofcourse. maybe be able to choose your reward.

CDPR PLEASE get more Triss related Missions, Scenes and what-not in the Game.

PS:. Sorry for grammatical errors and bad english. Love from Germany

Last edited:
Top Bottom