Petition to get Triss Merigold added to the Expansion packs!

+
i don't see this as a smart move. It is content specifically targeting only a portion of the game's audience. If you don't like that the game focuses more on Yen then blame Andrzej Sapkowski. Yen is who Geralt loves in the stories. If you want to choose Triss that is great but CDPR isn't obligated to make sure you get equal time with Triss vs Yennefer.
After W2 (or even W1) people are in the right to expect their choice to be honored in W3. Especially when it comes to Yennefer vs Triss. You use the books as an argument, but games are actually more tied to each other than the books are, because the books are only an inspiration for the games. What more, Geralt losses his memory, meaning he can decide to not follow the plot that forces Yennefer on him "because she's so important to him in the books". Guess what? This is not a book and it's up to the players to decide what they will do. That's exactly why Triss shouldn't get tossed away in favor of Yennefer. It's about CHOICES and CONSEQUENCES (which, I feel, were treated pretty badly when it comes down to transitioning choices from W2 to W3).

Well, I don't care about the books! I grew up on the GAME SERIES, yeah! the GAMES not the BOOKS! and if I, at any point want to explore Geralt & Yen realtionship I got tons and tons of reading material exploring every possible aspect of their relationship. This however NOT the case with Triss - which to remind you this game is our last chance to experience her, her story and her relationship with Geralt.

Well good for you, but this doesn't allow you to feel entitled. That's how the story goes, because it is logical that way. Game is about Ciri, and Ciri was involved a lot more with Yen, than with Triss.

I want more Triss just as much as you, she was perfect in W3 (though somewhat easier romance option). So much in fact, that I forgot about my plans of "true" playthrough with Yennefer (we all know how it ends up). And I wish many of the characters had more screentime - but in such a big game with such an array of characters it was just impossible to tie things together.

I want more Triss, but I also want more of everybody else. They really outdid themselves with the characters this time.

Well good for you, but this doesn't allow you to feel entitled. That's how the story goes, because it is logical that way. Game is about Ciri, and Ciri was involved a lot more with Yen, than with Triss.

I want more Triss just as much as you, she was perfect in W3 (though somewhat easier romance option). So much in fact, that I forgot about my plans of "true" playthrough with Yennefer (we all know how it ends up). And I wish many of the characters had more screentime - but in such a big game with such an array of characters it was just impossible to tie things together.

I want more Triss, but I also want more of everybody else. They really outdid themselves with the characters this time.

forgot about that one, thanks!

Signed
There is a lack of reactivity to choosing Triss outside of her scenes (which are well done imo). Would like more content that could make choosing her feel more satisfying.

After having read the books between playing TW2 and TW3 I like Yen more than Triss. Still the games are known for providing several playthroughs with different choices. So it seems just logical to me there should be the possibility to involve Triss more.
After the Djinn Quest we already have the choice to tell Yen about our feelings and if they have changed or not. Of course this would not mean Yen would care less about Ciri. It would just mean Triss would be around Geralt more often.

Signed
Although I read the books I prefer Triss. I don't like Yens attitude and since you can be in love with triss in the previous games i wish she had more importance in the witcher 3

After W2 (or even W1) people are in the right to expect their choice to be honored in W3. Especially when it comes to Yennefer vs Triss. You use the books as an argument, but games are actually more tied to each other than the books are, because the books are only an inspiration for the games. What more, Geralt losses his memory, meaning he can decide to not follow the plot that forces Yennefer on him "because she's so important to him in the books". Guess what? This is not a book and it's up to the players to decide what they will do. That's exactly why Triss shouldn't get tossed away in favor of Yennefer. It's about CHOICES and CONSEQUENCES (which, I feel, were treated pretty badly when it comes down to transitioning choices from W2 to W3).

You were not "treated bad." Being fraking disappointed is not being treated badly. They never promised huge tie ins with the first or second games they didn't even initially promise a save game transfer. That was added in later development. They said there would be SOME things carried over to W3. That was all they said. So stop acting the martyr.

It is a prefectly acceptable response to be disappointed but your disappointment is not a personal attack on you. You are not disappointed because CDPR treated you badly you are disappointed because you didn't get what you wanted and that ISN'T a personal attack on you. CDPR wasn't attacking players who picked Shani in W1 when she was dropped in W2. Why? Because the story told in W2 wasn't about her they COULD have written her in but they didn't. W3 isn't about Triss at all, CDPR had ZERO obligation to you or anyone else in writing her in a more important role in the story. You don't like it, fair enough but it is no attack.

Seriously how self centred do you have to be to view not getting more screen time with your chosen girlfriend in a game is being "treated pretty badly" by the developer? This isn't the first time a narrative driven RPG has dropped lovers from main supporting character to minor character. ME3 did that with Miranda lawson, the needs of the story dictate who gets what screen time and frankly Triss' role in W3 isn't important to the story. It might be important to you but that isn't relevant. Artists make art THEY want to not art submitted for your approval.

There is a lack of reactivity to choosing Triss outside of her scenes (which are well done imo). Would like more content that could make choosing her feel more satisfying.

/Signed

Halfway through the game the romance completely fell off and it left me with an empty feeling. Getting only a "Well?" from your lover of choice just doesnt make sense. This is supposed to be the end of Geralt's story and i think this part of the game is the only one lacking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom