Petition to implement Blood and Wine's technical advancements into the entirety of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+

Petition to implement Blood and Wine's technical advancements into the entirety of The Witcher 3: Wi

• Total voters
Oh, wow, thank you very much for visiting our humble thread, @Benzenzimmern! :D

Did you by any chance have a look at the petition page? The letter featured therein was meant for everyone on the development team, I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it! :p

Last edited:
old rendering, nvidia effects, particle effects... yes i know is impossible... well i want technical advancements into the entirety the witcher 3: wild hunt, great expansion great work thanks CDPR bla,bla,bla

Oh, wow, thank you very much for visiting our humble thread, @Benzenzimmern! :D

Did you by any chance have a look at the petition page? The letter featured therein was meant for everyone on the development team, I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it! :p

Signed that, cause' why not lol. Saves me having to try do it at some point, if it happens xD

lol, I agree.

By the way, Ben - only just noticed your sig. Very interesting read *envy rising* ^.^

old rendering, nvidia effects, particle effects... yes i know is impossible... well i want technical advancements into the entirety the witcher 3: wild hunt, great expansion great work thanks CDPR bla,bla,bla
what a great idea! i agree of course!
the technical advancements of blood and wine in the base game too!
Signed that, cause' why not lol. Saves me having to try do it at some point, if it happens xD

Thanks a million for your show of support guys, it means such a great deal to me! :cheers2:

I'd say you are missing forest behind the trees. This optimization works within current DX11 design. Instead, ask to backport newer engine which will for example use Vulkan and will have its own optimizations to TW3.

That's a worthwhile effort in comparison with simply retrofitting B&W engine changes to TW3 base game.

I'd say you are missing forest behind the trees. This optimization works within current DX11 design. Instead, ask to backport newer engine which will for example use Vulkan and will have its own optimizations to TW3.

That's a worthwhile effort in comparison with simply retrofitting B&W engine changes to TW3 base game.
would that increase the system requirements?

@Gilrond-i-Virdan , I'd a vague premonition you might show up eventually.

Yep, the source actually mentions some details of what work was done on the engine. As usual, interview to the media and not to the community though...

---------- Updated at 07:17 PM ----------

would that increase the system requirements?

That depends. Using more optimized engine can actually lower hardware requirements in the sense of high endian-ness, but it can raise them in the sense of more up to date hardware. But I think all GPUs already support compute shaders for a while (which is a minimum requirement for Vulkan and DX12), so I'd say the general answer to your question can be "no".

Last edited:

You are absolutely right, of course, but presently CD Projekt RED don't seem sure about wanting to implement even the current optimisations within the rest of the game, let alone tackle an entire engine port. :ermm:

I thought it would be better to ask for something smaller and more achievable than risk coming across as too demanding. The way I see it, we need to encourage CD Projekt RED to continue their support of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now that Blood and Wine has been released. Hopefully, they will also be willing to release an "Enhanced Edition" of the game already-bundled with all of the DLC, expansions and future patches/optimisations at some point in the near future! ;)

I see the forest, i sign it

Thank you so much for your support, my friend, I really appreciate it! :cheers2:

Last edited:

dont get fooled by Ben, he always come when we say they dont care about us :lol:

joking aside, her's what i noticed as upgraded graphically from vanilla :

- better light shafts + sun halo

- assets looks way better, grass, trees, building, everything

- more varied NPCs

- better motion blurr

- lighting in interiors is vastly superior to vanilla

- high quality clouds, no more pixelated textures

- better weather systems

- use of dome based sky with fixed clouds background, wich allow for very stylish clouds

- very high view distance with level design that support it

- better tone mapping and colorgrading

and probably more that i didnt notice, all in all for me its a better and more mature use of Redengine, am sure if they had more time vanilla would have been as good as B&W, at the same time you have to realize that B&W was designed from the ground up to support that style of lighting and art directions, so how they would pull that off for the base game without changing alot of stuff in vanilla is a big questions

personally i would prefer the updated version of Redengine that they are using for CyberPunk instead to use for a complete EE, BETTER EVERYTHINGS, GRAPHICS HNGNGNGN $$$

Last edited:
Why not? But before that it seems more important to fix the numerous bugs that still here and have been added with the last patch.

Why not? But before that it seems more important to fix the numerous bugs that still here and have been added with the last patch.

Absolutely, which is why I am hoping that all of this will convince CD Projekt RED that a fully patched-up Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is something everyone here is really looking forward to! ;)

The upgrades are definitely noticeable. B&W just looks fabulous.
Nothing against if they decide to upgrade witcher 3 some day as well.

But i also noticed a difference compared to the main game
There was no rain in my game. There was some Thunder and Lightning but no Rain.
Doesn't they deserve some fresh water ? :teeth:

Dark night, a storm with rain and a bruxa fight in the wilderness, would have been really good.

There was no rain in my game. There was some Thunder and Lightning but no Rain.
Doesn't they deserve some fresh water ? :teeth:

Dark night, a storm with rain and a bruxa fight in the wilderness, would have been really good.

Hmm, I have seen footage from Blood and Wine with rain, like in the video below for example (skip to 6:56)

So that just sounds like a bug more than anything, or you have just been "unlucky" with the weather so far. :p

Top Bottom