Petition to implement Blood and Wine's technical advancements into the entirety of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+

Petition to implement Blood and Wine's technical advancements into the entirety of The Witcher 3: Wi

• Total voters
The game would surely benefit from Enhanced Edition like the other previous games did as they "grew older".
I mean like a good wine or other alcohol ;) :D

Actually I think they are working on it as we speak.I had read somewhere in an interview that they might have a few surprises left after Blood and Wine.I swear if they put out a GOTY Enhanced Edition i will buy it again day one.

The most awarded game of all time needs the GOTY edition it deserves to be a game you'll be able to play after 10-20 or 30 years

Actually I think they are working on it as we speak.I had read somewhere in an interview that they might have a few surprises left after Blood and Wine.I swear if they put out a GOTY Enhanced Edition i will buy it again day one.

The most awarded game of all time needs the GOTY edition it deserves to be a game you'll be able to play after 10-20 or 30 years

I'll say amen to that! A GOTY/Enhanced Edition is pretty much a moral obligation on their part given the amount of (fully justified) praise the game has enjoyed over the year since launch. :wub:

Enhanced Edition all the way, just as they did for the previous games, which was a brilliant and back then unprecedented move. Bring on some more :eredin: and :victory:! Hoping they are still a studio as awesome and invested in improving their own work as they were back in the day ^-^

Enhanced Edition all the way, just as they did for the previous games, which was a brilliant and back then unprecedented move. Bring on some more :eredin: and :victory:! Hoping they are still a studio as awesome and invested in improving their own work as they were back in the day ^-^

Hear, hear, cheers all around for an Enhanced Edition! :cheers2:

What technical advancements are we talking about? The new mutation system and the ability to dye armor? Sure, I guess it would be nice if those things were available in the base game, but I don't really see it as world changing. They could probably just patch it in.

I would still support - and purchase - an enhanced edition of Wild Hunt, but the odds of obtaining one at this point are rather slim. It's worth remembering that, while the previous two entries did receive an E.E., they also lacked expansions. CDPR has invested as much - probably even more - time in expanding and fine tuning TW3 as the previous titles. Post-release support has just taken a different form this time around.

I'd vote for enhanced edition which will bring Vulkan support to TW3 together with Linux version. That's a technical advancement that is useful, since it will also allow them to bring back some assets they discarded because of insufficient performance of the current engine (downgrade debacle and etc.).

Engine developers themselves said that in the past.

Last edited:
What technical advancements are we talking about? The new mutation system and the ability to dye armor? Sure, I guess it would be nice if those things were available in the base game, but I don't really see it as world changing. They could probably just patch it in.

Those are some new gameplay features and not what this thread is about at all! :smiling:

We're talking about the new texture grouping system employed only by Blood and Wine, for instance, that minimises draw calls to the CPU and thus increases performance while preserving or even enhancing overall image quality in comparison to the base game. Would you not want something like that to be implemented game-wide? :p

Sure, that would be nice. But I'd like a third expansion or fourth game even more. :p

I know exactly what you mean, my friend! :p

Finishing the main story of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt broke my heart and left me feeling empty inside, but finishing Blood and Wine will probably render me downright leguminous with melancholy. I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying that this is my favourite game of all of the hundreds I have played during the last 20 years of my life and seeing it all come to an end is simply just too sad for me! :(

Nothing would cheer me up like starting a "New Game +" on the mythical Enhanced Edition, though *wink, wink*... :D

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they're going to do it eventually. Contrary to what some people believe, there is a lot of incentive for CDPR to do this:

1) The Witcher 3 is an immensely popular game that will be played by many gamers for a very long time; especially on PC. Games can remain viable for many years after launching on the PC platform. CDPR knows this, so it's in their financial interest to give the Witcher 3 the longest legs they can. Especially since they earn an enormous profit from it on GoG.

2) It's a matter of pride. They will never fully escape the downgrade controversy that tainted the Witcher 3's launch until they redo the entire game's assets with the updated engine capabilities.

There's also the question of performance. The base game suffered massive performance issues on the consoles for months after launch. The new engine updates helped to improve performance dramatically for B&W on the consoles, so these should definitely be rolled into the main game if they want to cultivate themselves as a true AAA multi platform developer.

I'm pretty sure they're going to do it eventually. Contrary to what some people believe, there is a lot of incentive for CDPR to do this:

1) The Witcher 3 is an immensely popular game that will be played by many gamers for a very long time; especially on PC. Games can remain viable for many years after launching on the PC platform. CDPR knows this, so it's in their financial interest to give the Witcher 3 the longest legs they can. Especially since they earn an enormous profit from it on GoG.

2) It's a matter of pride. They will never fully escape the downgrade controversy that tainted the Witcher 3's launch until they redo the entire game's assets with the updated engine capabilities.

There's also the question of performance. The base game suffered massive performance issues on the consoles for months after launch. The new engine updates helped to improve performance dramatically for B&W on the consoles, so these should definitely be rolled into the main game if they want to cultivate themselves as a true AAA multi platform developer.

You are absolutely right, an Enhanced Edition would make a lot of sense from a financial perspective as well. ;)

For me though, not having a definitive edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt would simply be doing a great game such as this one a major disservice by leaving in bugs and performance issues. I want this - my favourite game ever thus far - to be an experience that I can revisit at a later date, on more powerful hardware, and not have to worry about technical glitches, LOD and pop-in issues, etc. :(

Geralt's saga is just too damn engrossing to have to put up with such problems! :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom