Phantom Liberty story speculation

+
Anyone else read the whole THE WORLD OF CYBERPUNK 2077 book?

1506713580.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

There's actually a really fascinating story with President Meyers, the NUSA, and Militech that Mike Pondsmith and CDPR hammered out for the setting. The Fourth Corporate War ended with the nuclear destruction of Arasaka but the NUSA proceeded to blame Arasaka for nuking their own city and used the humanitarian crisis to nationalize Militech as well as divert their massive resources to rebuilding the country. Arasaka actually was kicked out of America for decades and there was real improvement right up until the point that Night City realized the USA wasn't helping them rebuild (for various reasons).

So when the NUSA moved to annex Night City, they invited Arasaka BACK IN.

Also, the nationalization of Militech failed because they proceeded to start putting their people in Senator positions, Governorships, and so on that Militech has effectively taken over the NUSA.

Attachments

• 1663371285732.png
    1663371285732.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 31
Have you seen the video in the game yourself? Because according to the person who made that video, that's cut content. I'm guessing they datamined it.
It been a while that I really take a look on TVs...
But you make me doubt :
At first (27 févr. 2021), he published one video where there is no mention of that > Rosalind Myers - Cyberpunk 2077
Then (12 sept. 2021), he published a second video where there is a mention of (cut content), but it's not really the same (it look like a montage...) > Cyberpunk 2077 Rosalind Myers - cut content - Info Flash avec Ruth Dzeng
So I don't know for sure, I'll have to check TVs in game :D

Yep sure, she's in the game, during the devil ending to react of Saburo "resurection". It's short, but it's her (and the video is well about content which are maybe not in the game) :D
At the right time in weird and "original" colors :
(but CDPR can change her look easily I suppose, no one will bother about that)

Last edited:
It been a while that I really take a look on TVs...
But you make me doubt :
At first (27 févr. 2021), he published one video where there is no mention of that > Rosalind Myers - Cyberpunk 2077
Then (12 sept. 2021), he published a second video where there is a mention of (cut content), but it's not really the same (it look like a montage...) > Cyberpunk 2077 Rosalind Myers - cut content - Info Flash avec Ruth Dzeng
So I don't know for sure, I'll have to check TVs in game :D

Yep sure, she's in the game, during the devil ending to react of Saburo "resurection". It's short, but it's her (and the video is well about content which are maybe not in the game) :D
At the right time in weird and "original" colors :
(but CDPR can change her look easily I suppose, no one will bother about that)

This is why it's worth fact checking things first before jumping the gun.

If you take your time and watch the clip you shared, that woman could technically be any NUSA official; they don't actually say who she is. (It's possible that CDPR intended to use her model for Myers at one point, but later changed their mind and decided to use it for that news clip instead - who knows).

This is why it's worth fact checking things first before jumping the gun.
Yep true, my bad ;)
You're maybe also right that they changed their mind afterward and cut her from the game, because she does not look like the image one might have of a NUSA president or a former CEO of militech (Her blue hair doesn't match to this kind of job^^). But who know, the woman in the trailer could also be any NUSA official.

Speaking of that, was it a "coincidence" too, that she was mentioned here not so long ago ?

Last edited:
Here is my "Wish List" for PHANTOM LIBERTY:

* A bigger exploration of Militech in Night City as well as a corporation as a concept.

* Johnny Silverhand material that expands on his character as a former Marine and his relationship to the fallen United States.

* Information on the NUSA and giving a question whether V supports reunification ala NCR and New Vegas or not.

* Mr. Hands gigs because he's a character that you can't gain favor for and I think that should be changed.

* The return of the Voodoo Boyz. They were the most interesting gang and I'd like to see more of them.

* Morgan Blackhand because he's still completely absent from these stories.

* A proper "happy" ending you can get if you complete this material.

* Lazarus' Reapers, the PMC from the game.

* A raising of the level cap from 50 to 60 or maybe even higher.

Here is my "Wish List" for PHANTOM LIBERTY:

* A bigger exploration of Militech in Night City as well as a corporation as a concept.

* Johnny Silverhand material that expands on his character as a former Marine and his relationship to the fallen United States.

* Information on the NUSA and giving a question whether V supports reunification ala NCR and New Vegas or not.

* Mr. Hands gigs because he's a character that you can't gain favor for and I think that should be changed.

* The return of the Voodoo Boyz. They were the most interesting gang and I'd like to see more of them.

* Morgan Blackhand because he's still completely absent from these stories.

* A proper "happy" ending you can get if you complete this material.

* Lazarus' Reapers, the PMC from the game.

* A raising of the level cap from 50 to 60 or maybe even higher.
Mr. Hands yes. Overall more GIGs and, maybe, more multi-layered/stage GIGs. Also other fixers or new ones could be worth exploring, I think.
Voodoo Boyz one I don't quite know how the could handle it, aren't they effectively wiped out in the story? Then again I guess there's alway room for a revival of a faction. Either way I think that might be worth exploring too, especially with the Pacifica stadium coming into play in the expansion ( or so it seems ).

A proper "happy" ending you can get if you complete this material.
You know, I'm quite conflicted on this one. Just yesterday I finished yet another playthrough and I did Johnny's ending and it felt almost perfect for whatever reason (maybe I've become jaded, don't know), but it felt like it was a better ending of them all? Tough to explain really. I'll have to thing on that some more and I might come back and expand on this.
edit 2: ok also becoming an engram feels like another ending that has a lot of possibilities and plays right into the idea of V being in the next game. To be honest the more times I replay the game the more thought provoking the endings really become. I know this has little to do with what you initially meant but this is going to be one and only expansion after all (currently). Gotta love how the genre makes you think outside the box the more you engage with it.

Morgan Blackhand because he's still completely absent from these stories.
Hell yeah, although I think this is more of a second game material.

A raising of the level cap from 50 to 60 or maybe even higher.
Mhm and a NG+, I know people hate on the idea or don't see a point in a NG+ but there ware ways to make it interesting and entertaining at the same time. It doesn't have to follow the same rules/blueprints of other games, it could be something different. Heck I'd be OK with keeping all the wardrobe skins and just resetting my attributes.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

I wouldn't rule out a possibility that the woman in the trailer is president Myers. She looks more like a random NPC in this picture. The one in the expansion trailer looks more distinct and how one would expect a politician to present herself.

CDPR could easily update the video from the Devil ending to match the appearance. They changed Barry's with one of the patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't rule out a possibility that the woman in the trailer is president Myers. She looks more like a random NPC in this picture. The one in the expansion trailer looks more distinct and how one would expect a politician to present herself.

CDPR could easily update the video from the Devil ending to match the appearance. They changed Barry's with one of the patches.
Yep totally, the "first one" look like if they use a random NPC and put her in the video(s). Above all if you compare this "NPC" with Jefferson, Rhyne, Holt, she more close to the random NPCs that you can encounter on the streets :)

Mhm and a NG+, I know people hate on the idea or don't see a point in a NG+ but there ware ways to make it interesting and entertaining at the same time. It doesn't have to follow the same rules/blueprints of other games, it could be something different. Heck I'd be OK with keeping all the wardrobe skins and just resetting my attributes.

edit: spelling

I'd love if it instead of unlocking a NG+ mode, you unlocked an optional FILM+ mode. Play the game again from scratch, no change in lvl cap, no rebalancing, just the same game but with some extra TPP cutscenes...

I'd love if it instead of unlocking a NG+ mode, you unlocked an optional FILM+ mode. Play the game again from scratch, no change in lvl cap, no rebalancing, just the same game but with some extra TPP cutscenes...

I mean, I'd just replay the game then.

I mean, I'd just replay the game then.

Meh, TPP cutscenes ain't for everyone I guess. Don't get me wrong, I really liked that you only get one at the end - it feels like a nice way to let "Jesus take the wheel" and segue the player out of the game. But, at the same time, having experienced the game the "right" way, I would be totally open and excited about an alternative mode where TPP cinematics were there.
NG+ though... I just don't get the appeal. I feel ike the game is plenty replayable enough without it :shrug:

Holding back with personal speculation but am eager to see the whole NUSA side explored and V being supposedly able to sign up for it, if there's even an oath implied. Am a fan of quasi-joinable or sideable factions and we didn't hear or see much of NUSA itself prior in this game so, to put it in internet slang:

DIS GUN BE GUD

I don't expect a huge DLC in (exclusively) totally new lands, but it'll surely be nice.

Just a detail. This female character in the NUSA uniform doesn't look like the president of NUSA to me - many have speculated that it is the president. Rosalind Myers appears on TV and is not that woman (
). I believe she is an important character in Militech, a new character. And yes, I believe that depending on the choices you make, Meredith Stout or Anthony Girlchrist will appear in the expansion. The main game is about Arasaka. Its expansion will be on Militech. That's my opinion.
we could be overthrowing the current president to put someone else in charge of the NUSA.

Holding back with personal speculation but am eager to see the whole NUSA side explored and V being supposedly able to sign up for it, if there's even an oath implied. Am a fan of quasi-joinable or sideable factions and we didn't hear or see much of NUSA itself prior in this game so, to put it in internet slang:

DIS GUN BE GUD

I don't expect a huge DLC in (exclusively) totally new lands, but it'll surely be nice.
If I have to speculate, it will be like those westerns that they make "honorary sheriff auxiliar" for 1 day, i don't think it will be even an option unless you ignore the expansion.

Interestingly, I actually think that an urban legend about cyberpunk will turn out to be partially true. Specifically the, "The game was rewritten because of Keanu Reeves" which was absolutely not true for the base game but might be true for the DLC.

Some of the rumors I've heard was that there was meant to be a substitute AI in your head for this expansion because they didn't bank on getting Keanu back.

But Keanu, being the huge cyberpunk OG that he is, was down for it. So we may get those scenes replaced with more Johnny.

Really hoping there is combat in the combat zone

Pacifica being the worst area of night city has been a letdown

Would be nice to have an area where enemies constantly respawn

Really hoping there is combat in the combat zone

Pacifica being the worst area of night city has been a letdown

Would be nice to have an area where enemies constantly respawn

One problem with the game is every area of the city is a Combat Zone. I wonder if the original plan would be the Combat Zones would be where Multiplayer took place.

Welp. Today put the final nail in the coffin during CDPR's usual corpo calls.

Phantom Liberty will be the only Expansion Pack for 2077. There will be no expansion packs after. This decision is final.

I... have a lot of concerns for when Phantom Liberty drops.

boo.

Top Bottom