Phillipa Eilheart vs Dethmold

+
Phillipa Eilheart vs Dethmold

Both are great charathers.The writing is amazing.The voice actors,the apperence and everything makes them belevable and deep charathers.Now they both play the same role depending on your choices earlier(Phillipa has a little big bigger role than Dethmold tough).They help you in ACT II and on the end of ACT II,they betray you.I have only heard postive reviews about them,that they are both great chratathers...

So i am asking you which evil sorccer/ess do you prefer,and why?

I like them both.The way they talk,how carefully their looks were degsined.They are very unique charathers.I prefer Phillipa,she just made a bigger impact on me,i don't know why,Dethmold was also a great charather but she just made a bigger impact and she has a bigger role becouse she survives to TW3,and Dethmold dies in most cases so...

Of course Philippa. She's a political giant, is intimidating and is the best looking character in the game (she's sexy as hell). Her voice is awesome in its deepness. And she's just....goddamn Eilhart, the mistress of politics!

"Leave the thinking to me Yarpin and I'll gladly hear less from you from now on." Who else can tell dwarves to stfu like that?

Dethmold is awesome too though.

EDIT" just look at her!

KnightofPhoenix said:
Of course Philippa. She's a political giant, is intimidating and is the best looking character in the game (she's sexy as hell). Her voice is awesome in its deepness. And she's just....goddamn Eilhart, the mistress of politics!

"Leave the thinking to me Yarpin and I'll gladly hear less from you from now on." Who else can tell dwarves to stfu like that?

Dethmold is awesome too though.

EDIT" just look at her!

I love them both so much, but I'm voting for Dethmold. Currently have not much time to elaborate, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqPnISQwzM

The first 25 seconds. WHAT. A. BEAST. That snarl at 0:10! How can you not love him.

But Philly also stole my heart with that shexy look.

Yes, it has to be Philippa Eilhart, the "grand mistress of the world's most fetid cuisine". Dethmold can only dream of wielding the power, political or magical, that Philippa does. She made Radovid the strong ruler that he is, and even his revenge on her does not break her spirit or her power.

Not to take anything away from Dethmold, though. The bloke's a walking, talking Picture of Dorian Gray, with all the considerable viciousness he's ever wielded etched upon his face. Talking to him makes my Geralt feel like he needs a bath.

I admit they are both very enjoyable characters. But even though it´s always fun to interact with Dethmold, mainly because of his obvious twisted character, he is nothing comparing to Phillipa from my point of view.

I was very curious about how she would be pictured in TW2, and I must say I was absolutely impressed and thrilled. Long story short, she is sexy, definitely the best looking character in the game (sorry Iorweth and Triss...), her voice is also amazing. A single sentence from her and you know you have the honour of facing a woman with clear goals and a plan, simply with someone who knows how to handle herself and more important, how to handle and manipulate others. As a royal advisor of Redania´s ruler she is obviously very smart, and yes ambicious - so the field of politics suits her perfectly. A beautiful example of a true sorceress for she has everything they should posses - the brain, the looks, the wit...

So I´m sorry Dethmold. But as was said above, there is no major impact after his death. On the other hand, I seriously can´t imagine what would happen if Phillipa died... so she is definitely someone I want and expect to see in TW3 in the future.

Jobbert said:
I love them both so much, but I'm voting for Dethmold. Currently have not much time to elaborate, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqPnISQwzM

The first 25 seconds. WHAT. A. BEAST. That snarl at 0:10! How can you not love him.

But Philly also stole my heart with that shexy look.

Dethmold is awesome but Phillipa is just epic!Take a look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDDfsI6Br4s

Obviously both are brilliant characters with solid voice acting. I particularly like how their qualities seem to mirror each other. As for game lore, I doubt Dethmold is in Phillipa's league, in magic or intellect. And Phillipa stands alongside White Rayla as one of CDPR's most commanding female characters. So Phillipa it is.

+ 1 rep to Guy for the bath comment, lol.

Its difficult to chose, in the French version Phillipa has a less expressive voice. She isn't as enjoyable as Detmold.

I did not like Phillipa design that much mostly because of the books and that alone put me off a little. I was expecting something different in the game and in that regard Dethmold is a lot better but.... the VA of Phillipa is great and the way she was written too, they just nail it. Even if I think her design does not match her "personalty", Phillipa is still one of my favorite characters.

GuyN said:
It was added in the EE. I think you have to follow Roche in Act III to get it.
According to sources, you get this scene if you chose to save Triss instead of helping Iorveth and free Saskia from the dominating spell. Pretty beast scene. Damn, they poked her eyes out. I still have trouble even looking at her. It looks so painful :S

Is a personal and subtle revenge from CDPR pull Philipa's eyes out in solidarity with Yennefer? :confused:

Top Bottom