Phone Bug | Delamain

+
Did you guys deviate from the drone/looted Delamains office when you started his questline? I did that and those quests got buggy, i couldn't answer the phone when he called about the missing cabs. After some YT search i got an advice which worked.

When you start Delemains quest, just follow the drone, don't deviate from it, don't loot the place. Just follow his instructions.
I lost 3 hours of gameplay, because i had to reload the game to the point just before i entered Delamains office, but all his quests went just fine, no problems at all.
Also, i did all his quests without any quicktravel/reloading/quitting the game, i have read all unread messages in the communicator (read those tips under some YT materials). But probably not looting the place and following the drone was enough to finish his quests without any issues.

Got this issue too. I could not answer the Phone when Delamain was calling me after i reached the location where one of his rogue taxi were.

For me i was able to fix the issue by doing this:
I loaded an old save file, i redid the mission where you follow the drone inside the Delamain garage and afterwards, no more issue for the Epistrophy ones. I was able to answer the phone without problem and could completed all the Delamain side missions.

My console is Xbox Series X
I have the same issue with the quest of "Epistrophy: Rancho Coronado" I have destroyed the car but I can't answer delamain phone. It's way harder to me to rollback to a previous save file.

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_020744_395.jpg
    IMG_20210117_020744_395.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 108
To add up to my previous post. As soon as i entered a loading screen, the Phone issue came back.

So clearly, entering a loading screen cause the side mission to no longer work at all.

So, to everyone that are doing the Delamain missions line, make sure to not enter any loading screen (no Fast Travel, no death, no reloads of savedata, etc...) during Epistrophy mission and complete it in a single shot.

Otherwise, you wont be able to answer Delamain call.

Last edited:
Many Thanks @RenTeds ! +++

The solution to load a older savegame, start the Delmain quest by following the drone without searching any areas in the Delmain HQ and ongoing direct follow the quest till the first car was done worked fine for me!

Thanks you for the help and hopefully others can solve this in the same way.
Regards

Patch 1.1:

• Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.

However, this is not fixed at all. Still unable to complete any Epistrophy Missions. No Phone Call from Delamain and no Phone Call from the cab after i pulled in front of it. Same for Coastview one.

1611357858545.png

However, this is not fixed at all. Still unable to complete any Epistrophy Missions. No Phone Call from Delamain and no Phone Call from the cab after i pulled in front of it. Same for Coastview one.
Did you try loading a little earlier save? Or save in which you are away from any of the Delamain cars?

This is a manual save i kept especially to test it after they claim to have fixed it. So, no. I dont have any older save files as all the ones i have are way beyond this stage of the game. I also drove to each cab didn't use any Fast Travel.

I still receive Calls from Fixers when i approach a Mission location, but nothing from Delamain.

Patch 1.1:

• Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.

1611357858545.png

Try to call him yourself. I came to the dump, called him and he immediately started calling me and the quest started working

Patch 1.1:

1611357858545.png
Same by me , no idea what the do ? what is whit patch ? now ,Still unable to complete any Epistrophy Missions can call delamain but can talk about hes life etc , not i found your car ,so pls patch . so saaaaaaaaad

EDIT:Anyway, I visited all the locations of the mission and shut down all the vehicles and started again from the safe storage zone where cars were still alive and suddenly it went so delamain called me and could do missions, laborious

Attachments

• 20210124144924_1.jpg
    20210124144924_1.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Try to call him yourself. I came to the dump, called him and he immediately started calling me and the quest started working

I had hoped that patch 1.1 would fix these issues, but it seems not. My Coast view and Coronado Delamain quests are still bugged as of patch 1.1 (have completed most of the other ones). I can't reload an old save because I tried to do them ages ago and have since moved on and progressed the story to the point of not return. I have tried calling Delamain myself but he just doesn't answer.

My quest line first bugged out when doing the coastview one. I found and followed the cab, defeated the enemies he sends at you, talked to the cab afterwards, but when the quest updates saying "Talk to Delamain" he just doesn't call me. I did experience one or two brief calls but was unable to answer (which I think is what they fixed in 1.1). Since then though, nothing. So something else needs to be done in an upcoming patch to fix this quest line.

I will try saving and reloading the game right where I find the cab and see if that works. I read elsewhere that buying a new car and finding the cab(s) has worked for some people. I'll try that too and see how it goes, but not going hold my breath...

Same here, I was testing today. Patch 1.1 did not fix Epistrophy Quests.
Very sad again!

Seems like I have to keep the 1-Star-Rating on GoG for longer!

You can resolve this with nexusmod (console) (nexus mod)

and write this in
Game.SetDebugFact("holo_delamain_calls_v_start_done", 1)

it's working fine (view preview post)

You can resolve this with nexusmod (console) (nexus mod)

and write this in
Game.SetDebugFact("holo_delamain_calls_v_start_done", 1)

it's working fine (view preview post)

Thank you very much for this Tipp. I installed the console and entered your command.
And see there, Delamain is calling now and I can answer him.
I will now try to complete these missions and inform you guys.
Post automatically merged:

Okay nice try, but the quest stays broken in my Savegame.

@kazz:
Did you use the command >>>Game.SetDebugFact("holo_delamain_calls_v_start_done", 1)<<< several times, maybe for each broken Epistrophy mission, or did you use this command just once?

Unfortunately it did not work for me yet. I received a call from Delamain which I did not receive before. But even if I found one of the missing Delamain cabs I'm not able to interact with them. Just nothing happens. :(

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Guess what, Issue still not fixed despite their claims again...

At this point i give up. Im uninstalling CB2077.

CDPR, you lost all credibility and you are now part of my shit AAA video game company list along side EA and Ubisoft.

Good bye!

Top Bottom