Photo mode in first person too?

+
I just want to be able to have a free moving camera to line up shots and take pictures with. If that doesn't happen, mods will fix that just like they did in the Witcher 3.

I'm the forum user in question. This feels weird.

Since I'm effectively the source for this story (again... weird), might as well elaborate.

I brought it up quite a while ago, probably over 6 months, on Discord, and essentially implied you'd be able to see your character in the planned Photo Mode, since that seemed obvious to me and it was relevant to the discussion at the time (people concerned about FPP-only etc. etc. etc. the usual stuff). Then Lila said something along the lines of, "it doesn't necessarily mean that," and I think she brought up Doom as an example of a photo mode where you don't necessarily see your own character.

My original statement was more a "don't get your hopes up" type thing than a "this will absolutely not happen" type thing. For all I know, she was basically just saying "we aren't sure if it will let you see your character or not" because so much is in flux. But the fact that my assumption was picked at at all, by a CM no less, did make me think it might not happen.

Buuuttt... She never outright confirmed or denied anything. So we aren't really in a different position than we were before.

EDIT: Ok, found the exact exchange. I said "they did say there will be a photo mode for seeing your character!" she said "that's not entirely true as well." Then "there is a plan for photo mode, its still very unclear how it will work and what kind of features it will have," then when I asked what part I got wrong, "seeing your character part," then "there are fpp games that you cannot see your character in photo mode (like doom for example)."

Please bear in mind this was about four months ago, so I'm sure a lot has changed and this should not be read into much. But I did want to try to provide some sort of source. Please also don't hold her or CDPR to statements they made months ago.

Last edited:
can CDPR please just delay this game? If you guys can't even get a mode that pauses the game and briefly jumps to a camera third person mode which they did say it was gonna be in third person, can't even be implemented into the game, then delay it. Its not that hard jesus. You got a 3rd person mode on bikes so add in the damn photo mode for TPP pics.
CDPR actually delayed the game, LOL.
I hope they can include a photo mode with third person perspective since I wanna see how my character fight. :cool:

I personally see little use to ponder to much about it and will just wait for the final product.

And even the product on release day isn't "final" in the strictest sense and things that people hope for could be added later down the line.

With so much disappointment with this game in the last year and a half, I do assume photo mode will suck at first. They might fix it, they might not. I don't expect a good photo mode with TPP at first. The team seems to be struggling and stretched pretty thin just trying to get the game actually running decently. If they were shaky on seeing your character 6 months ago, I don't see that being a focus as they've now admitted the main game just flat out wouldn't be ready.

Top Bottom