Photo mode problem

+
Hello,
I was playing CP2077 using a 1920x1080 monitor but after I got a new PC I switched to 2560x1600 with ray-tracing and HDR on. However, when I took a photo using photo mode, the picture was still 1920x1080 and the quality seemed way lower than that seen in game. I didn't find any configration of photo mode. I already reinstalled the game, not woking. What do I do?
Thanks for any help.

Upvote 1
"Maybe" when you uninstalled/reinstalled the game some setting files have not been "deleted" and are still in use.
You have remove all the game files (simply keep your save files) or simply uninstall the game via the launcher ?
(I hope it's not something in the save files... But it's easy to try by starting a new playthrough and take a screenshot at the beginning)

DC9V

Forum veteran
Upvote 0
What happens if you take a photo at 2650x1440 ?
And do you have enough free space on your disks?

Upvote 0
"Maybe" when you uninstalled/reinstalled the game some setting files have not been "deleted" and are still in use.
You have remove all the game files (simply keep your save files) or simply uninstall the game via the launcher ?
(I hope it's not something in the save files... But it's easy to try by starting a new playthrough and take a screenshot at the beginning)
I deleted user files in "AppData\Local" before reinstallation.
Just tried starting a new game, same problem. It's not in save files then.

Upvote 0
Very annoying :(
So unfortunately, I don't know.
At first, you can send a ticket to CDPR Support for asking help > "Contact Us" button (faster you do it, faster you'll receive an answer).
(I don't know for the category, so maybe/probably a visual issue).

Upvote 0
What happens if you take a photo at 2650x1440 ?
And do you have enough free space on your disks?
I can't choose 2560x1440 so I tried 2048x1536, still taking 1920x1080 photos.
Disk space is plenty (over 400GB).
Post automatically merged:

Very annoying :(
So unfortunately, I don't know.
At first, you can send a ticket to CDPR Support for asking help > "Contact Us" button (faster you do it, faster you'll receive an answer).
(I don't know for the category, so maybe/probably a visual issue).
OK. I will submit a ticket then. Thank you.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Upvote 0
I can't choose 2560x1440 so I tried 2048x1536, still taking 1920x1080 photos.
Disk space is plenty (over 400GB).
Ok. You could try to create a custom resolution in your GPU control panel and set scaling mode to Aspect ratio or No scaling. You should then be able to select the custom resolution in the game's video settings before going into photo mode. If the custom resolution causes issues, restart your PC and use another Display/HDMI port on your GPU, and the monitor should be operating at native resolution again. You can then delete the custom resolution.

Upvote 0
Something that I wonder (I could be wrong), but maybe the screenshot settings could be set and saved in the launcher GOG/Steam (and "stored" in the cloud/account). Even if you change your PC, if you have the same account, settings are probably saved in the clouds and used on a new PC when reinstalling the launcher and connect to your account.

A little bit as on Xbox, it's the Xbox OS who define the screenshot quality/size/... and not the game itself (you can play the game in 4K, but take screenshots in 1080). If you change your console and connect to your account on a new one, all of your previous settings was saved on the Xbox live and applied on your brand new console.

So it should be a good idea to take a look :)

Top Bottom