Photo mode screenshots not saved

+
Hello everybody! I made an account here to find help.

So far I haven't found anything that will help me.
The photo mode in Cyberpunkt looks great! However, my screenshots are not saved. The folder provided for this simply remains empty. The folder is where it belongs, but the in-game space bar that should take the picture has no effect. The game jerks very briefly, just a second, as if a picture was being taken, but there are no screenshots in the folder.

Please excuse if my English is not always perfect. It's not my native language. =)

The Photo Mode works fine for me until you want make the screenshot,if i press spacebar nothing happend. i can see the cb77 folder in my pictures folder but there are no screenshots in.anybody an idea?

At the moment I don't have any problem with saving captures. The "Photo Mode" captures are saved to me in Images/Cyberpunk 2077.
photomode_11122020_104729.png

The photo mode in Cyberpunkt looks great! However, my screenshots are not saved. The folder provided for this simply remains empty. The folder is where it belongs, but the in-game space bar that should take the picture has no effect. The game jerks very briefly, just a second, as if a picture was being taken, but there are no screenshots in the folder.

Please excuse if my English is not always perfect. It's not my native language. =)

Don't disable the UI before you hit space to take the screenshot. It won't work, or at least it doesn't work for me when I do that. Press space with the UI on. You won't capture the UI in your screenshot.
If that doesn't work then maybe it's a write permission issue for the folder that you're saving to?

Same problem here. I press Space with UI or without UI, nothing is saved in my Images/cyberpunk 2077 folder. And it's not like I don't know how to do it...im such a photo fan of AC, RDR2, Death Stranding or Horizon... but here it doesn't work!
So many bugs this game!

Please help!

Check and make sure 'Read Only' isn't turned on for the cyberpunk 2077 folder or that your entire pictures folder doesn't have some sort of protection on. I guess it also could be related to One Drive but I don't use that so am unsure of how to fix problems related to it. Those are the only two things I can really think of that could be messing things up.

For a generic workaround you could just turn the UI off after you get your photo all set up, hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard, then open Microsoft Paint or Paint 3D, press paste and then save the screen shot yourself. Paint hardly uses any resources so you should be fine using it with the game running. Paint 3D uses a bit more but not much.

Same issue here, with and without UI. I still can make screenshots using other programs, like windows xbox gaming overlay, but I can't get rid of this big blue mouse pointer on the screen then.

Same issue here. Im my case, I don't even have the folder that should have been created by the game for screenshots. Even a search for recent *.PNG files doesn't reveal them. I'm stumped.

SOLVED!

The HotFix that released today (Dec 19) solved the issue some of us seemed to be having. A folder was created, and the images are now saving as intended.

Last edited:

I had the same problem and I found a solution. For me it was that my Windows Ransomware protections was blocking 'unwanted file changes' made by Cyberpunk 2077. If you go to Settings > Virus and threat protection, search for an option to allow an app through controlled folder access and select recently blocked to find it or just search for it manually.

Jeez, I forgot about this post!
Hello everybody!

The solution can be very simple! To everyone who also has this problem. Please check if your screenshot folder is write-protected! Locked. How do you say that in English? (I always think my English is okay but it's not my native language and sometimes I reach my limits. xD)

Right click on the folder and just take a look. Possibly just unlock!

I have a similiar problem I can't do any photo properly. When I press TAB or SPACE the game freezes and sometimes crashs :/

I fixed it for me (My windows is not in inglish so I will try to translate it) go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall (under it on the left blue text "Allow App Through Firewall") click in "Change Settings" now find Cyberpunk and check both private and public on both apps. Hope this will help yall.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.24 - 20.13.11.63 (2).png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.24 - 20.13.11.63 (2).png
    32.9 KB · Views: 614
In my case it did save them to My user/Pictures/Cyberpunk 2077, but it put them out of order so I thought it stopped working, hah!

Top Bottom