Photomode - disappointed

+
So I was impressed with the photomode - at first, until I relized how limiting it was.
I have been taken alot of cool photos with my assassin/hacker and was so looking forward to do this with mantis blades and recreate the promotion sceen back in the days.

Well... I can't, because the flawed photomode can only have "poses" and not my actually attacks/movments OR an option for any cyberware at all.

I can understand this was not an option so you don't have to remodel every top armor without sleeves.... but stil... no cool mantis blades screens at all when I finally got them :(

literally joined the forum for this reason. There should be 3 options - ingame - poses - no character, we already have the last 2, and i cant see how hard it is to implement the character not changing their stance considering the enemies you are facing dont and when you are driving you dont change stance either. Physicaly bullets are animated but i have to make my character pose to make any picture look 'legit'

Attachments

• 20210102041932_1.jpg
    20210102041932_1.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 46
Demon Soul's photo mode is way better than this one's because this game's main character wasn't made for a true 3rd person camera, making the character in photo mode looks wierd. By pressing "N", you were not entering a real-time time freeze and switching the 1st person cam to a 3rd person one, but instead, it seems to have your 1st person character's module dispawned and then spawned a fresh new 3rd person character module at the same standing location. So, this is why only poses were allowed yet the actual attack animation were not.

I'm really hoping for a drone camera with more freedom. The current one is quite janky with odd limitations based on distance from your character and viewing angle.

It should have free camera and better DOF rendering option and AA hair option. Right now DOF makes halo around you character and close ups look janky because of jaggies in the hair. Also it is no fun to wrestle with the camera.

[...]
most games dont even have a photomode AT ALL! i think they did a good job with it but i agree with some of what you said they do need to improve it add mantis blades more poses more tweaks and so but dude dont go all like "its disappointing"

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom