Physical box of Cp 2077 with Cyberpunk 2077 disc and REDkit disc included in box

+

Physical box of Cp 2077 with Cyberpunk 2077 disc and REDkit disc included in box

• Total voters

So this idea came to me today CD Projekt RED should include a disc that has the REDkit on it for the physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

I mean I really want PC video games to have this again especially if you have poor internet or no internet.

If any of you remember back in 2002 when The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind released for sale it also came with the Construction Set mod tools inside the physical box alongside with TES III: Morrowind.

Here's a picture.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=168 0&bih=948&q=morrowind+disc+with+construction+set+d isc&oq=morrowind+disc+with+construction+set+disc&g s_l=img.3...1158.16281.0.16501.64.17.18.29.31.2.28 6.2523.6j1j8.15.0....0...1ac.1.25.img..33.31.1603. 9vED2mLj4Vc#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=5jXBXxAa5s_QvM% 3A%3BXm-gSbWZS_cBSM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fuwhs.usingwindows home.netdna-cdn.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F08%252FTES_ANTH_i nside_discs-morrowind.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fconnecteddigita lworld.com%252F2013%252F08%252F02%252Fbethesda-announces-the-elder-scrolls-anthology%252F%3B1024%3B690

So thoughts? Comment away.

I really hope the physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 gets a REDkit physical disc 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free included with the physical disc that contains the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077.

I really don't want to have to use the internet sometimes to download the REDkit mod tools. I just want to be disconnected from the internet sometimes to create my own mods.

Last edited:
too early....
I know it's to early. I am hoping CD Projekt RED has the REDkit mod tools finished before Cyberpunk releases for sale in 2015. Apparently the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 will be using the same REDkit mod tools that the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be using just modified to work for the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077. Or at least I read that like 2 months ago on some website.

I think making available is great - but putting into the box would be too keen and might distract from the game main - though get it in a special edition etc.

I know it's to early. I am hoping CD Projekt RED has the REDkit mod tools finished before Cyberpunk releases for sale in 2015. Apparently the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 will be using the same REDkit mod tools that the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be using just modified to work for the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077. Or at least I read that like 2 months ago on some website.

You yourself said it. I voted yes because... yes I do want there to be a physical edition that has it there physically, and the sooner the better so that people can get to make content earlier. But it will probably come in an eventual Enhanced Edition physical edition: but no worries, the regular original release will sell great because with CDPR you can count on being able to download the patches and extra things for free, it's not like with other GOTYs and things like that where some gamers will wait for the Full Package...

I just want boxed copies to be in stores, i absolutely hate downloading games, i want something physical that i can call my own, not just a file that might get lost on a back up drive or copied to a cd at some point.

Same answer as with TW3. Yes, I'd love REDKit to be included, but not if it either delays the game launch or takes resources away from the game. It isn't that important.

Forum veteran
Yes, I'd love REDKit to be included, but not if it either delays the game launch or takes resources away from the game.
I disagree. Back when Witcher 2 was released, there were a ton of people making mods despite the difficulty of doing so without an editor (like this crazy Santa-themed one that was made by a psychopath), but the amount of time it took for REDkit to come out meant that a lot of that interest had died down by then. Releasing both at the same time is important if you want to get the most out of the modding scene; I don't think the relative lack of mods for Witcher 2 compared to a Bethesda game is due to popularity so much as many modders having moved on by the time big changes were possible.

Given how buggy CDPR games tend to be at launch, giving modders a lot of freedom while they're still excited about the game seems like the best way to ensure that the most people enjoy the game. I wouldn't mind the game being delayed a bit for that, and I'm saying that as someone who almost never uses mods.

Edit for clarity: I'm probably going to end up getting the boxed copy (assuming there is one for 2077) now that physical versions will be DRM-free, and I can't really imagine myself going to download REDkit if it's not already on the disc. Having it on the disc doesn't seem like it'd take that much more work if it was out at launch, and even a minor extra step like having to download it from a site is one that many people won't even bother with.

Last edited:
I think it'd help CDPR enormously if they could release a toolkit with each game. Their games have been pretty rough at launch and it's really nice to have modders on the scene fixing stuff. The UI mod for TW2 was a major improvement; they even hired the author. I really hope they can get the updated toolkit out at launch, and I feel it's important they do so.

I frankly don't see the need for a an in-box version of REDkit really. A nice and encouragingly written note which ultimately points you to downloading an up-to-date version should do the trick.

Also keep in mind that the TW2 PC version already had two DVDs that made you install 16 to 20 GB. Now the current REDkit-version already demands you to expand your game-install to the "modder's edition" which makes it a total of 39 GB. And thats just the tool for the last gen REDengine-game.

I guess an in-box REDengine[SUP]3[/SUP]-REDkit would force CDPR to include about two to three more DVDs into the box.. which would raise other questions and issues. And ultimately for what? So the customer doesn't have to click on download but can install a presumably out-of-date version of REDkit onto his HDD without the need of an internet connection? And after that connect to the internet in order to access the REDkit-wiki and the REDkit-forum? I don't see the need really...

What is important though - as slimgrin points out - is the general availability of the next-gen REDkit upon release.

I frankly don't see the need for a an in-box version of REDkit really. A nice and encouragingly written note which ultimately points you to downloading an up-to-date version should do the trick.

Also keep in mind that the TW2 PC version already had two DVDs that made you install 16 to 20 GB. Now the current REDkit-version already demands you to expand your game-install to the "modder's edition" which makes it a total of 39 GB. And thats just the tool for the last gen REDengine-game.

I guess an in-box REDengine[SUP]3[/SUP]-REDkit would force CDPR to include about two to three more DVDs into the box.. which would raise other questions and issues. And ultimately for what? So the customer doesn't have to click on download but can install a presumably out-of-date version of REDkit onto his HDD without the need of an internet connection? And after that connect to the internet in order to access the REDkit-wiki and the REDkit-forum? I don't see the need really...

What is important though - as slimgrin points out - is the general availability of the next-gen REDkit upon release.

you are right

I really don't want to have to download the REDkit mod tools from the internet and I can't make any mods with the REDkit mod tools if I don't have a internet connection because I cannot download the REDkit mod tools.

It is a necessity to have the REDkit mod tools included on a disc for the physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077.

No every PC gamer who will be purchasing the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 will have any internet at all and some PC gamers have very poor internet connections.

I have quite a few real life friends who have no internet at all and play PC versions of video games without Steam like Unreal. Unreal Tournament, Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004, Command & Conquer: Tiberiun Sun, Command & Conquer: Tiberiun Sun expansion pack Firestorm, Call of Duty, Call of Duty expansion pack United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind expansion packs Bloodmoon and Tribunal, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion expansion pack Shivering Isles with Knights of the Nine and the 9 small DLC's included The Witcher Enhanced Edition, and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhnaced Edition.

This was the problem with the PC version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings the REDkit mod tools got released way to late if they got released a while after release modding community probably would of been bigger than it is now.

CD Projekt RED is 100% ANTI-DRM and they don't want PC gamers to be forced to use internet if they have no internet at all so REDkit mod tools on a disc should be included it is not that much work to include 1 more disc or 3 more disc.

Also you can purchase blank discs from brick and mortar retailer stores for $0.50. Mass production of discs being manufactured is way cheaper so mass producing the physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 with the Cyberpunk 2077 disc and REDkit mod tools disc included is going to be cheaper.

Who cares if the REDkit mod tools are out of date if they have no internet they won't be downloading the latest patches either and some PC gamers have very poor internet connections.

In 1998 and 1999 when I purchased Unreal and Unreal Tournament I had very poor internet connection and never used any forums or mod websites to learn how to create my own mods or maps for Unreal and Unreal Tournament. Same thing goes for 2002 when I purchased The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Last edited:
I really don't want to have to download the REDkit mod tools from the internet and I can't make any mods with the REDkit mod tools if I don't have a internet connection because I cannot download the REDkit mod tools.

It is a necessity to have the REDkit mod tools included on a disc for the physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077.

No every PC gamer who will be purchasing the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 will have any internet at all and some PC gamers have very poor internet connections.

In 1998 and 1999 when I purchased Unreal and Unreal Tournament I had very poor internet connection and never used any forums or mod websites to learn how to create my own mods or maps for Unreal and Unreal Tournament. Same thing goes for 2002 when I purchased The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Must have been great to try and create your own mods without any help. I'm sure that it has been a very rewarding experience for you.
But really, are these all your reasons for which you demand CDPR to further cut their profits on those already oversatisfactorily packed retail versions which they usually design? Profits from retail versions are already massively reduced compared to download versions. What you want, to me, just appears sort of greedy and might ultimately be an argument for abandoning retail in general as soon as they sit together, checking if in the end those earnings were worth the investment or not. Let's be happy CDPR are putting emphasis on quality retail but let's not try and 'take the mile'.

Unreal. Unreal Tournament, Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004, Command & Conquer: Tiberiun Sun, Command & Conquer: Tiberiun Sun expansion pack Firestorm, Call of Duty, Call of Duty expansion pack United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind expansion packs Bloodmoon and Tribunal, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion expansion pack Shivering Isles with Knights of the Nine and the 9 small DLC's included The Witcher Enhanced Edition, and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhnaced Edition.

^^ seriously? you didn't have to name them all - I believe you :D

CD Projekt RED is 100% ANTI-DRM and they don't want PC gamers to be forced to use internet if they have no internet at all so REDkit mod tools on a disc should be included it is not that much work to include 1 more disc or 3 more disc.

Who cares if the REDkit mod tools are out of date if they have no internet they won't be downloading the latest patches either and some PC gamers have very poor internet connections.

I guess it would be a valid point for PC gamers/modders who wanted to mod solely for themselves. Because if you wanted to share your mods with the community you again would need an internet connection to upload the mods. Now do you really think CDPR should make retail more expensive for every pc gamer just for the sake of those who want to mod for themselves and a couple of their friends?

edit\
I don't want to exclude the possibility of REDkit being delivered with the retail versions sometime in the future with CDPR trying to please all their costumers but as things are right now there are still very few people modding with REDkit. If the REDkit-modding community grows and many mods are being uploaded to the REDkit-site who knows, maybe they'd even pay the extra money just for the sake of potentially having more people modding for their games.

Last edited:
Must have been great to try and create your own mods without any help. I'm sure that it has been a very rewarding experience for you.
But really, are these all your reasons for which you demand CDPR to further cut their profits on those already oversatisfactorily packed retail versions which they usually design? Profits from retail versions are already massively reduced compared to download versions. What you want, to me, just appears sort of greedy and might ultimately be an argument for abandoning retail in general as soon as they sit together, checking if in the end those earnings were worth the investment or not. Let's be happy CDPR are putting emphasis on quality retail but let's not try and 'take the mile'.

^^ seriously? you didn't have to name them all - I believe you :D

I guess it would be a valid point for PC gamers/modders who wanted to mod solely for themselves. Because if you wanted to share your mods with the community you again would need an internet connection to upload the mods. Now do you really think CDPR should make retail more expensive for every pc gamer just for the sake of those who want to mod for themselves and a couple of their friends?
When you mass produce video games in physical boxes with the physical disc inside and then to ship all those millions of physical boxed video games on trucks to brick and mortar retailer store it is not that expensive as to lets say purchasing 1 blank disc at a time for $0.50 (USD) then printing the artwork on the disc and shipping it. Mass producing it in a factory is way cheaper and CD Projekt RED selling Cyberpunk 2077 with the REDkit mot tools disc included for $50 dollars (USD) will not make the price go higher especially if you mass produce in bulk. Purchasing stuff in bulk is always cheaper than purchasing stuff individually.

ultranaive fallacies[SUP]3[/SUP]

.............Now where do I begin? Don't close your eyes now

POSITIONEXPENSE per shipped item
3 extra DVDs (good quality)0.60 USD
with 3 high quality REDkit³-logo prints:---
+ extra amount of standard printing colors0.00075 USD
+ 3.527 x 10[SUP]-4[/SUP] Maria Theresa ounces of rare earth element Europium per print for that extra special hue in the REDkit-logo7.5 USD
+ security measures for transport of Europium to prevent this most reactive rare earth element from oxidation0.23 USD
+ additional production effort and quality control0.070 USD
5-disc capacity DVD cases of standard quality (instead of double-dvd cases)0.45 USD
extra of ca. 79g (3 DVDs + case difference) to be shipped to brick and morter retailers by:---
+ European curtain sider trailers (gasoline consumption up due to lowered suspension of trailers generally creating the need for higher acceleration)0.073 USD
++ necessary acquisition of relative CO[SUB]2[/SUB]-emission-permits (certificates currently sold at 5.19€/1000kg (1t) CO[SUB]2[/SUB] ) for shipment and transport within EU-borders0.00000238 USD
+ overseas-freighters approx. 1 mio copies x 79g extra weight for a total distance of 22581km/ 14031miles and approx. 3.5 times the equatorial circumference of the earth (from Hamburg to New York {6147km; 3820miles}; to Rio de Janeiro {9891km; 6146miles} and to Mumbai {6543km; 4066miles} --> heavy fuel oil consumption up again!0.081 USD
+ airfreighter-shipping from Frankfurt, Germany to Sydney {16479km; 10240miles} and Osaka {9259km; 5753miles} 0.103 USD
+ shipping by trucks to brick and mortar retailers all over the world (except Europe, Western Asia and Russia - please refer to pos. VII) subsequent additional usage of gasoline that cannot even be calculated! (imagine!)insane amounts of monay
kerosene consumption up

That's an extra investment of approx. 9,11 USD per unit. Even if CDPR were like "f*ck that Europium sh*te" - "let's just use that beetroot stuff" - "those howler monkeys won't be able to tell the difference anyway" :rofl:>:D it would still amount to some 1.61 USD per shipped copy!

So, going on, something about 1,85 Mio copies of TW2 were sold for PC so far. On the assumption that CDPR sell as many copies of CP2077 for PC that would sum up to the most dramatic number of 2974341,9 USD!!!

That's a financial loss of almost THREE MILLION US DOLLARS!!

JUST FOR YOU!!!
(this conversation...) - This Conversation - (..is over) Is Over!....................:smoke:

Forum veteran
Getting a bit heated up in hurrrr.

I just checked my copy of Witcher 1 EE and the Djinni editor is included on the disc. Not having an editor for Witcher 2 on the disc made sense because there wasn't one at release, but if it exists when Cyberpunk comes out, there's less of a reason to not include it. Maybe it costs more, but I'd be willing to eat the difference to have a version of the REDkit that's guaranteed to work with the version of the game on the disc. That way if a future update screws things up, that'll always be an option.

It'd be a bit weird if they offer less with the game the more AAA their games become.

Forum veteran
I didn't really read it so much as I skimmed the non-table stuff, which definitely looked angry. Don't you know that different colors always means that you're angry?

Now if you'll excuse me, someone has alerted me to the presence of the word "gullible" on the ceiling and I must investigate.

Top Bottom