Physical box of Cp 2077 with Cyberpunk 2077 disc and REDkit disc included in box

+

Physical box of Cp 2077 with Cyberpunk 2077 disc and REDkit disc included in box

• Total voters
If anything, I'd expect it be available well before CP77 comes out, because I really hope it's ready and fully-usable when TW3 comes out.
Just not "in the box".

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a bad idea to put it in the box. The number of people who mod is only a relatively small percentage of the number of gamers, the number of modders who will be prepared to wait until the box is out before even TRYING to use REDkit is even less, and the number who don't have internet connections is going to be trivial. And, from what I've seen, it isn't the kind of product that you can get up and running without access to internet-based help.

Oh, and if it is in the box, my bet's on a 10GB+ update within a month.

Forum veteran
If anything, I'd expect it be available well before CP77 comes out, because I really hope it's ready and fully-usable when TW3 comes out.
Did they ever confirm that it'd be the same REDkit, though? I remember watching something before it was released and you could use a brush or something for topography and trees and stuff. That doesn't seem like it'd be as relevant for a city kind of environment, so I guess I was operating under the assumption that it'd be a new version of REDkit that made it that easy to do Cyberpunkish stuff rather than being the same kit as the one for Witcher 3.

It'll need to be updated for the assets, and yes, there'll be a fair number of other updates too, like handing guns and vehicles, but it would still hopefully exist as a product.

And in theory, the engine changes could be released before CP77 comes out, even though the assets wouldn't be. That will be fun for all of the CP fans to play with, and for the Witcher modders to start building Guns for Geralt.

Forum veteran
Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be too bad if they released it before the game comes out. I still prefer physical copies as a backup, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to back it up on physical media myself.

Isn't there some principle that the more steps someone has to go through, the less likely they are to make it to the end of the process? I could swear I heard about something like that in relation to online checkouts and how some places were revamping theirs to have fewer steps, but I can't recall any details. Anyway, not having it on the disc would probably mean fewer overall modders, but the difference would probably be negligible.

I'd still consider releasing it on physical media an option, though, if only to make the game seem even more attractive to newcomers. The stuff you get doesn't necessarily have to be worth anything to sweeten the deal in people's eyes.

Excellent plan. I could add it to all the other things I'm excited to do but won't, like play Wasteland 2 beta, GTA V online, build maps in Shadowrun Online and get more than five minutes into Outlast.

I didn't really read it so much as I skimmed the non-table stuff, which definitely looked angry. Don't you know that different colors always means that you're angry?

Now if you'll excuse me, someone has alerted me to the presence of the word "gullible" on the ceiling and I must investigate.

In your defence I might add that it was supposed to look angry. Since there already was a slight increase in tension in my earlier post I thought it might be funny to give those 2,5 people even caring about our discussion a little more than they might have expected. But then in the end it all was - as usual - an invention of my mind. As proved to be the extent of the fun potential of my original hypothesis.

I voted yes but don't really care if it has redkit or not.
I'd prefer boxed version of the game, but I'm planning on giving CDP all the money so I'll propably go with GOG. Unless the game is 30+Gigs then I don't really wanna download that on release day when servers are coughing.
And with my luck if I buy boxed version it includes code that I can use to download game from online (looking at you Skyrim).

Just to let you guys know I made a topic like this over a month ago on the inXile Entertainment forum website for Wasteland 2 and a month ago I sent a Private Message (PM) to Brian Fargo he's the founder. This is what he sent me back in that Private Message (PM).

So this is what I wrote to him.

ME: Ok I asked this question once. It's about mod tools. I got a answer that you guys will be releasing mod tools after Wasteland 2 releases. So here is my question.

After Wasteland 2 releases and after the mod tools release when Wasteland 2 goes gold can you guys sell a physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 that contains the physical disc of the main video game itself inside and a physical disc that contains the mod tools? All 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free sold at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide. Try working something out with Deep Silver? Only release this after you guys finish working on Wasteland 2 and when it goes gold at least I hope it goes gold. I am still going to purchase the physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 when it releases after the beta is done. But it would also be nice to purchase a physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 that has the physical video game disc inside and a physical disc containing the Wasteland 2 mod tools because I don't always want to be connected to the internet to download the mod tools from the website.

Bethesda Game Studios did this with the PC version of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind back in 2002 it had a physical disc containing the mod tools for it which they named the Construction Set.

Personally I would like to see more and more physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games have a mod tools and a physical disc that contains the mod tools for that video game and all 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free. It is something really nice as a treat for us PC gamers which is sadly missing from a whole lot of PC versions of video games sold world wide these days.

I hope you guys will also consider doing this Torment: Tides of Numenera.

Thank you for reading this and listening to my feed back. Seeing this come true when Wasteland 2 is done with everything and then Torment: Tides of Numenera getting this stuff as well will make me incredibly happy :)

This is what he sent to me.

BRIAN FARGO: I shall forward these comments on to our retail partner to see if they might be interested. It's exciting times that we are so close to finally getting a Wasteland sequel out!

Thanks for all your support.

Then I sent him this thanks with some questions.

ME: Thank you so much for giving my feedback to Deep Silver.

I would like to say all the things that make me so happy about you and inXile Entertainment.

#1. The dialogue consequences that happen when you choose different actions.

#2. The ability to turn on and off grid paths.

#4. The physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 sold at brick and mortar retailer stores being 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free meaning no CD Keys, email based accounts, SecuROM, StarForce, Steam, Steam Works, TAGES, etc.

#5. Gore being in Wasteland 2 I liked seeing the goat blow up in one of the YouTube videos you guys showed off.

#6. The characters you control and the NPC's do not have infinite ammo. Or do they? I watched one of the YouTube videos but I didn't understand what he meant. Was it just for the YouTuube video demoing purposes?

Now I do have a few more questions.

#1. I know the Unity engine supports Nvidia's PhysX physics engine but will Wasteland 2 support Nvidia's PhysX physics engine? Or are you guys coding, programming your own physics engine? If Wasteland 2 uses Nvidia's PhysX physics engine this will make me extremely happy.

#2. Will there be a dev console (Console command)? If there will be this will make me extremely happy as well. I hope there are multiple cheats that I can type in the dev console when I feel like cheating. If I don't want 1 of the characters I am controlling to die I just click that character and type in the dev console God Mode, god mode, GodMode, godmode, infinite life, infinitelife, InfiniteLife, Infinite Life, and if I want all of the character I control to not die same thing I select all of them and type one of those cheats that I listed, and same thing goes for the NPC's not the player controlled ones but the Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) ones. Another cheat to type in the dev console is if I just want to skip that campaign, mission, story whatever it is called just type in Skip Campaign 01 or Skip Campaign 02 or SkipCampaign01, and last one I want to type in the dev console Infinity Inventory Space, Unlimited Inventory Spaces or whatever one you guys decide to use I want a cheat though where I can have unlimited inventory space up to you guys to decide what words to type in for those cheats in the dev console. I just hope that asking for a dev console isn't to much.

#3. Will you guys add in MSAA?, FXAA?, SMAA?, TXAA? Or add all 4 of them? The PC version of Crysis 3 supports 4 of these different versions when you go in the options menu in the graphics options menu. So it would be nice if Wasteland 2 also supported as many of them as possible. I hope this feature is not asking for to much.

Last 2 questions.

#1. Is it hard to maintain 2 separate SKU's? Like a 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free version of Wasteland 2 that is sold on GoG.com and a physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 sold at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide and a Steam version of Wasteland 2 sold specifically on Steam using Steam's Achievements, Cloud, Trading Cards, etc? Or is this just a way to make customers only purchase it on Steam and try to make life harder for the loyal paying PC gamer customer? Because I have a Bethesda Softworks forums account and I talk to a Bethesda Softworks employee once in a while and I ask him if the PC version of Fallout: New Vegas and the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will ever be released on GoG.com and they say sorry no plans for a GoG.com version and say Steam, Steam Works only for now. The video game developers of The Witcher video games CD Projekt RED sell the PC version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on GoG.com 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed version of the PC version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide and a Steam version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings sold specifically on Steam using Steam's Achievements, Cloud, Leaderboards, and Trading Cards and I also have a The Witcher video games forums account and talk to CD Projket RED employees once in a while and they say it's not that hard to do all of these and CD Projekt RED does not have as much money as Bethesda Softworks does at all.

#2. Do you guys own the rights to the whole entire Intellectual Property (IP) of Choplifter HD? Because I would like to finally see Choplifter HD sold on GoG.com as well so I can finally purchase if from both GoG.com and Steam. This is the only reason I did not purchase Choplifter HD yet because it is on Steam only if it's on both GoG.com and Steam I will purchase Choplifter HD from both since I like both GoG.com and Steam. I hope you guys plan on releasing Choplifter HD some day on GoG.com

So in the end Bethesda Softworks has lost a customer for good until they respect PC gamer customers more while CD Projekt RED and your company has gained me as a customer for the rest of my life for as long as I live.

Thank you so much for reading this and answering my questions and actually making these things get added in Wasteland 2.

I am extremely happy with the way inXile Entertainment is treating it's PC gamer customers. In the end you and your company has gained me as a customer for the rest of my life for as long as I live. I will purchase every single video game they you guys develop, release, and sell from now on for ever. Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera is 100% going to be on my purchase list.

Sorry for this long Private Message (PM) I hope I don't disturb you.

This is what he sent me back.

BRIAN FARGO: Well.. that is a lot of questions and I think you would prefer me working on the game. Hold tight as the beta will be done soon which will answer many of your questions. Long live the PC!

So you can see inXile Entertainment really does listen to their PC gamers and gives them what PC gamers like to have for the PC versions of their video games.

Forum veteran
Since there already was a slight increase in tension in my earlier post I thought it might be funny to give those 2,5 people even caring about our discussion a little more than they might have expected.
Heh, I laughed once I actually read it. Probably a bad idea to automatically assume that people's math is rock-solid and grounded in reality. You definitely got me with that.

I'd have given you a REDpoint, but I don't believe in them. Instead, here's a picture of a giant thumbs up that I just found: THUMBS

BRIAN FARGO: Well.. that is a lot of questions and I think you would prefer me working on the game. Hold tight as the beta will be done soon which will answer many of your questions. Long live the PC!

So you can see inXile Entertainment really does listen to their PC gamers and gives them what PC gamers like to have for the PC versions of their video games.
Don't those two parts seem a bit contradictory? I mean, he basically sent you a form response, then dodged your second wave of questions without giving you a single real answer. I wouldn't necessarily call that listening.

And here's the actual image since 882 didn't or wouldn't post it:

Also, yes, that's a total non-answer by Brian. You just refuted your own point. Well done!

Forum veteran
I didn't post it because it's annoyingly large and distracting.

So thanks for that; now the entire page looks like a Myspace profile circa 2003. We just need glitter gifs and the illusion will be complete.

Why does this thumb have to be that large?

Why do I feel like a child who has finally received acknowledgement for the amount of ordure it so prudently placed into the toilet bowl?

:

also I have no idea what you're talking about - those maths are obviously spot on and also solid and flexible as graphene.

Top Bottom