Physical box of The Witcher 3 with The Witcher 3 disc and REDkit disc included in box

+
Physical box of The Witcher 3 with The Witcher 3 disc and REDkit disc included in box

Long title :/.

So this idea came to me today CD Projekt RED should include a disc that has the REDkit on it for the physical boxed version of the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as well.

I mean I really want PC video games to have this again especially if you have poor internet or no internet.

If any of you remember back in 2002 when The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind released it also came with the Construction Set mod tools inside the physical box alongside with TES III: Morrowind.

Here's a picture.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1680&bih=948&q=morrowind+disc+with+construction+set+disc&oq=morrowind+disc+with+construction+set+disc&gs_l=img.3...1158.16281.0.16501.64.17.18.29.31.2.286.2523.6j1j8.15.0....0...1ac.1.25.img..33.31.1603.9vED2mLj4Vc#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=5jXBXxAa5s_QvM%3A%3BXm-gSbWZS_cBSM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fuwhs.usingwindowshome.netdna-cdn.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F08%252FTES_ANTH_inside_discs-morrowind.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fconnecteddigitalworld.com%252F2013%252F08%252F02%252Fbethesda-announces-the-elder-scrolls-anthology%252F%3B1024%3B690

So thoughts? Comment away.

If CD Projekt RED can't afford it because it might cost to much which I don't think it will cost to much to include another disc with TW3 then maybe they can do it for Cyberpunk 2077.

marcoolio1 said:
It's not a bad idea! If they can do it, then why not? I'm in no way against it!
Yeah and from what I hear it does not cost a lot to add extra discs with the main video game disc in physical boxes a year ago I heard it only costs like 1 or 2 extra dollars. Not sure how true it is but since the discs are made of plastic they are cheap to produce.

Buying physical anyway, it still may happen that the Redkit is not available at release.
On the other hand finding it more important to be able to actually play my boxed
version without battling bazillion patches that make the physical copy useless .
But if this is possible it woukd be great to have at release.

I think this is a great idea! A great way to promote REDkit and to make it known that TW3 is indeed very moddable, to make sure the modding community will be as big and long-living as possible.

I agree :) If people are buying the physical copy they might not want to download large files (limited internet and whatnot) so it would make sense to include the Red Kit on disc in the box.

mariobros777 said:
No matter what. Especially if it has a redeeming code for a free, DRM-Free, GoG version!
Well that's the thing the physical disc that comes in the box that contains REDkit on it needs to be Digital Rights Management (DRM) free as well just like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I totally agree. I actually had to buy the Witcher 2 twice because I couldn't download the Enhanced Edition via internet.

Don't care personally. They would have to spend some time on it, making sure it's user friendly also not sure if they have to redesign whole REDKIT from ground to bottom or just update it with new mashes and other packets. It's a headache for devs, let them finish the game first.. then perhaps.

Include The Witcher REDkit mod tools out of the box on day 1?

ABSOLUTELY!

Hey, even if you yourself aren't interested in making custom content for the game, think of how many other people will want to get their hands dirty on the SDK... and then downloading their mods for you to enjoy! Nothing extends a games longevity like a strong modding community and having one from the start is the best possible action.

Everyone should vote for this to happen. There's really no reason to not want it.

-Windebieste.

windebieste said:
Include The Witcher REDkit mod tools out of the box on day 1?

ABSOLUTELY!

Hey, even if you yourself aren't interested in making custom content for the game, think of how many other people will want to get their hands dirty on the SDK... and then downloading their mods for you to enjoy! Nothing extends a games longevity like a strong modding community and having one from the start is the best possible action.

Everyone should vote for this to happen. There's really no reason to not want it.

-Windebieste.
We all know mod kit extends life of the game, its obvious. But what is more important, finishing the game itself or mod kit? Will we have to wait 1 or 2 months longer for actual game just because minority wants it together with the game? If so It's just silly.

Like I already before, if its just matter of updating old editor then sure no problem, but it usually ends ends up being longer process. testing, testing and more testing before releasing unfinished product. Don't be greedy, if some of you wait month or two it wont hurt anyone. Looking how long it took CDPR to release REDKIT it's not so simple.

Considering the point of having the RED Kit is downloading and uploading modules (adventures) that may take up considerable space, I think whether it is included in a CD or not is irrelevant since people *will* need a decent Internet connection anyway.

If the point of including the RED Kit in a physical CD with the game is awareness and motivation, then I suppose it is OK.

Regardless, I will buy the game no matter what. But let's not forget: unless these people will only create and play their own adventures and rarely or never receive large updates, they will need decent Internet access, with or without a RED Kit CD.

Saoe, please, you are not taking into consideration that the team writing the tools are not necessarily the same team crafting the game.

Every development team does it differently, sure, but typically a development house has dedicated staff that frequently has little or nothing to do with other departments. Coders do not generate 3D art or assets, modellers do not write music, and so on. Everyone has their specific place on the development of a Project and tool writing is no exception. It is an extremely specific task and staff dedicated in this process generally are full time involved in its creation.

Maybe CD ProjectRed do things differently, but this has been my personal experience with game development.

So, I say deliver the toolset with the game on Day 1; and update them as appropriate just like any other software application. There are people that will want this.

-Windebieste.

Top Bottom