Physical Gwent Cards Appreciaton Thread

+
Physical Gwent Cards Appreciaton Thread

Hello CDPR,

I know that as a non xbox collectors edition purchaser, in the past i've been pretty vocal questioning how xbox users ended up with physical gwent cards and the rest of us didn't while hearing claims of platform equality.. Well, I just purchased the physical edition of hearts of stone today and wanted to give a heartfelt thankyou for allowing the rest of us to get some.

The (outside of) box is beautifully made, so are the cards, and its very nice. I really hope -all- of us can get a chance to purchase the remaining to decks with the second expansion, i certainly will again.

Given the complete deck is so huge it should be interesting on what turns out to be the most fun way to play in real life.. perhaps thinking through some good decks based on gameplay, then with a coin toss deciding which deck a player gets, or if 2 people both know about gwent allowing creation of our own decks before starting might be fun.

Anyways, sincere and huge thanks again. What happened with the collectors edition is still a little unfortunate, but i just wanted to say how much i appreciate being able to get the cards with HoS. You're not all bad CDPR :p

EDIT: It looks like the gwent decks are the actual decks from the game, so they will play differently just like the game. This is going to be a challenge showing non witcher 3 players how to play.. and it makes sense (as they said) why there's no standalone digital game.. you pretty much have to have played witcher 3 to be any good at it.

Perhaps how to do it would be to split each deck into each of the categories, prune out the crap cards, and just let people pick a fixed but random number of each category.. with both players having the same ratio of utility/special/normal etc. Not sure actually because in game i've only used northern realms, the other decks may work differently.

Last edited:
Ahh, I can't wait for school to finish so I can get home and take those beautiful Gwent cards out of the box! Looking forward to playing Gwent with my friends!

Oh, and of course I'm looking forward to playing Hearts of Stone, too! :)

Received my Gwent box today, already played with my wife a few rounds, love it, and as you sad before, we really hope as well that we'll have a chance in future to buy rest of the decks, besides buying the Collector's edition!...

Last edited:
Gwent Card Protectors/Sleeves PLEASE

While I have the first two decks of cards, and eagerly await my next two from the jinx website, since our box set in NA is... well we don't know. But I really don't want to go screwing up these hard to get cards as is. I think it would be awesome to add gwent card protectors to the witcher store.

I have looked at many sites and have yet to see any protectors for this size of card, it is a very odd sized card.

This is just a suggestion. But if anyone has anything they use to protect their decks let me know.

I thought you were talking about something else, but there is a related concern.. the inside of the collectors boxes have these really weak not attached to the sides dividers... this looks like its a feature to help get the cards out.. except for the fact that i have no confidence they're strong enough to hold the top deck in place if the box was stood on its end. Some sort of rubber band you're gonna need to prevent seeing 1 shuffled deck instead of 2 every time you open the box.

I managed to grab from various internet resources the images of all the cards and spent a few weeks editing the pics to fit into a format that an independent printer could use and a few weeks later my cards arrived:
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWkY099riU

On playing our first game, me and the wife had to do a lot of thinking about how it would work (choosing cards etc) each deck is around 74 ish cards (complete with neutrals/powers etc), so we decided to simply keep as close to online rules as possible....choose at least 22 cards, then a random selection of 10 from these, change the 2 then away you go :)

Our first game lasted around 40 minutes....I played monsters, she played Northern....and I got stomped :p Couple of little tweaks to be made but overall, for approx £60UK, I have all decks and am well happy :)

Will probably still buy the official versions too :p

While I have the first two decks of cards, and eagerly await my next two from the jinx website, since our box set in NA is... well we don't know. But I really don't want to go screwing up these hard to get cards as is. I think it would be awesome to add gwent card protectors to the witcher store.

I have looked at many sites and have yet to see any protectors for this size of card, it is a very odd sized card.

This is just a suggestion. But if anyone has anything they use to protect their decks let me know.
I'm also searching for sleeves. If you find some that'll fit, please let me know.

I managed to grab from various internet resources the images of all the cards and spent a few weeks editing the pics to fit into a format that an independent printer could use and a few weeks later my cards arrived:
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWkY099riU.... for approx £60UK, I have all decks and am well happy....
Will probably still buy the official versions too :p

You squire, after such a display of purebred punk, should never be without the finest cards to play with ;)

I doff my hat to you sir !

I've found a thread at boardgamegeek.com where some sleeves are being recommended. You can try the following:

- Ultimate Guard French Tarot (63x115mm)
- Mayday Games (61x112mm)

boardgamegeek.com/thread/1451479/card-size-and-sleeves

Hello CDPR,

I know that as a non xbox collectors edition purchaser, in the past i've been pretty vocal questioning how xbox users ended up with physical gwent cards and the rest of us didn't while hearing claims of platform equality.. Well, I just purchased the physical edition of hearts of stone today and wanted to give a heartfelt thankyou for allowing the rest of us to get some.

The (outside of) box is beautifully made, so are the cards, and its very nice. I really hope -all- of us can get a chance to purchase the remaining to decks with the second expansion, i certainly will again.

Given the complete deck is so huge it should be interesting on what turns out to be the most fun way to play in real life.. perhaps thinking through some good decks based on gameplay, then with a coin toss deciding which deck a player gets, or if 2 people both know about gwent allowing creation of our own decks before starting might be fun.

Anyways, sincere and huge thanks again. What happened with the collectors edition is still a little unfortunate, but i just wanted to say how much i appreciate being able to get the cards with HoS. You're not all bad CDPR :p

EDIT: It looks like the gwent decks are the actual decks from the game, so they will play differently just like the game. This is going to be a challenge showing non witcher 3 players how to play.. and it makes sense (as they said) why there's no standalone digital game.. you pretty much have to have played witcher 3 to be any good at it.

Perhaps how to do it would be to split each deck into each of the categories, prune out the crap cards, and just let people pick a fixed but random number of each category.. with both players having the same ratio of utility/special/normal etc. Not sure actually because in game i've only used northern realms, the other decks may work differently.

You are welcomed :) It would seem that people really like it!

I have no real interest in playing the game but would also like to get the first two decks for collecting sake.

And it was a very nice packaging.

Thank you Red for these cards! It is a beautiful boxed set. We love it so much that we bought 2 (because if we want to play monsters deck vs monsters deck, we needed two) I hope at some point to get the opportunity for the Northern Realms and Nilfgard decks

I hope at some point to get the opportunity for the Northern Realms and Nilfgard decks
I am a 100% sure we will get this with the next expansion :)

Ended up buying the retail Expansion pack(since including shipping it would cost the same getting it from jinx) and love my box! Only wish i knew i could activate the DLC code you get with it on steam also.... wouldn't have bought it on steam had i known :D

I really love the physical gwent cards and I really hope we'll get the other 2 decks with the next expansion.
Anyway, I have a question (I've already started a new thread but with no avail):

I've bought the retail copy of The Hearts of Stone expansion (italian version) and there is something that worries me a little: in the monsters deck, I have the giant toad card but I've seen that in game there is also a Gaunter O' Dimm: Darkness card that you can buy from the ofieri merchant close to Brunwich.
This card, though, is not in the deck included in the expansion's retail version. I've counted the cards and they're all there, if I count also the points card and the cards with the cards' abilities summary (so the count is 151 playable cards + 3 unplayable cards = 154 cards, as stated on the box).
Is this how it is supposed to be? Does anybody have that Gaunter O' Dimm card, so that it is casual what card between the giant toad and Gaunter O' Dimm: Darkness is included in the physical version of the gwent deck?

P. S. I've also noticed that there are other cards in the HoS expansion that are not in the real gwent deck that came with the retail version of the expansion, both in the monsters and in the Scoiata'el decks. Is this right?

P. P. S. Did I count the cards right? Should I count only the playable or the unplayable cards also?

P. P. P. S. Sorry if something is not clear, I'm not English :p

Does anybody have that Gaunter O' Dimm card, so that it is casual what card between the giant toad and Gaunter O' Dimm: Darkness is included in the physical version of the gwent deck?

No. The Gaunter O'Dimm card is not included in the physical deck.

Last edited:
It's puzzling to me that CDP don't sell Gwent decks regularly, instead opting to keep them as rare (and overpriced) collector's items. Surely having a large number of Gwent players would do a lot for brand recognition and increase sales of Witcher titles.

It's puzzling to me that CDP don't sell Gwent decks regularly, instead opting to keep them as rare (and overpriced) collector's items. Surely having a large number of Gwent players would do a lot for brand recognition and increase sales of Witcher titles.

Overpriced?
In Italy they came along with the Hearts of Stone expansion for a mere 20€...

2 Copies of All 4 Gwent Deck

I finally completed collecting two copies of each Gwent deck. Anyone know of any boards available out there? If not I'm likely going to upload a picture of the board to pictureframes.com and have it printed on canvas, like the Monet I had done.

---------- Updated at 10:43 PM ----------

And framed. 43" x 31"

Attachments

• gwent_decks.jpg
    gwent_decks.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2,086
  • another.jpg
    another.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 119
  • board framed.jpg
    board framed.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 119