Physical Gwent Cards Appreciaton Thread

+
Mine has been shipped a couple of days ago. Long southbound way to go! =)
I'll have to teach my wife how to play it! LOL Hope the other factions will become available too!
Thanks, CDPR.

Gwent deck just came in the mail today..

i kinda hoped it'd come in a metal case because all the heavy rain we're getting i was afraid it would slip and get all wet and get ruined. haven't opened it yet though. smells good too.
:smiling2:

Look at what I got in the mail today!!!

Did not know where I should start this thread, so feel free to move it to the correct location.

Look what I got in the mail today!!!!!!!!!

And it will never be opened! It's still gonna cost me a crapload of money to get the other 2 sets with the game board, but at least I was one of the lucky ones to submit on the redeem gwent site before they ran out.

Thank you for moving it here, I never even thought of the "General Discussion" section.

---------- Updated at 03:47 PM ----------

It's puzzling to me that CDP don't sell Gwent decks regularly, instead opting to keep them as rare (and overpriced) collector's items. Surely having a large number of Gwent players would do a lot for brand recognition and increase sales of Witcher titles.

It was only a little over $16 w/shipping here in the U.S.

Attachments

• Gwent Front.jpg
    Gwent Front.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Gwent Back.jpg
    Gwent Back.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I ordered the stand alone deck costs around $28 what was annoying was in JB HI FI (in Australia) it was $29 for the ps4 version expansion and cards really wish there was a cheaper way to send to Australia

Last edited:
And it will never be opened! It's still gonna cost me a crapload of money to get the other 2 sets with the game board, but at least I was one of the lucky ones to submit on the redeem gwent site before they ran out.

Thank you for moving it here, I never even thought of the "General Discussion" section.

---------- Updated at 03:47 PM ----------

It was only a little over $16 w/shipping here in the U.S.

Might I ask why you bought it if you're not even going to play gwent with someone?
I played the game with my best buddy for a few hours as soon as I got the deck and we had a blast.
Just being curious.

Joined the forum so I could thank CDPR for including making this set, the cards are beautiful.

Taught a friend who had never played and he really enjoyed it. Decks seem pretty balanced in actual PVP, mind games and being able to build your deck around countering your opponents make the game really interesting.

And everything you need to play is in one little box! :glee:

Might I ask why you bought it if you're not even going to play gwent with someone?
I played the game with my best buddy for a few hours as soon as I got the deck and we had a blast.
Just being curious.

1) Don't have any friends close by that plays TW3
2) It's a collector's item. The more people that get them and open the package and use the cards, the higher price that collectible becomes if one so chooses to sell.

I only got the monsters and scoia'tel deck because I didn't want to fork over a lot of money for xbox one CE. I hope it will come with blood & wine. I've yet to play it with a friend. Didn't get around to it I suppose. Also I read the rules and do you just use the entire deck and draw cards accordingly or do you select like 20 cards to use like in the game? I never saw anything about that in the rules.

Real Gwent Cards

So I got Monster and Elven deck in post today. Will be North Realm and Nilfgaard avaible too? :)

Wow these looks amazing! is there an option to buy just a gwent cards without hos ( I already own it )

Physical Gwent Packs - Northern Kingdom & Nilfgaardian

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has), but having just purchased the Heart of Stone expansion, I got the Monsters and Scoia'tael factions.

Now, I'm a huge boardgame fan - I'm also a Witcher fan (obviously), but now those interests have had a baby... that baby is Gwent. I really want the Northern Kingdom & Nilfgaardian faction packs, but I understand they are rare and expensive, and I don't have an XboxOne, so buying one would be simply for the packs (they're going for $200+ just for the packs.

Is there a way anyone knows of that could net me these factions? Will CDPR print these in general?

I have the Witcher Adventure Board Game, so it's not entirely without precedent - they could possibly do it.
Thanks all for any help in this matter., I'm just trying my luck. :D

Is there a way anyone knows of that could net me these factions? Will CDPR print these in general?
Last we read, they'd no definite plans to print those two decks again. So, unless they eventually decide otherwise, that's not in cards. Sorry.

I have all 4 decks. Hoping that new ones will be included in the last dlc.
:welcome:

hi. I have just joined the forum as I am new to the Witcher and love it so far, but the Gwent game really captured my imagination for many reasons. So I came here to see if there was a sub forum for it and found this thread anyway...

So , do I understand it correctly that there is no way to buy Gwent cards now unless pre-owned? or do I have that wrong? I see mentions of XBOX exclusive ( I use PS4) and see them on sale as pre-owned...but would love to know for sure.

I have read the thread and am still not sure.

Agree with post above - it would be great to be able to buy them.

Thanks

EDIT : Sorry seen some PS4 versions with 2 decks...the others are not in production any more?

Last edited:
Top Bottom