Physical vs. Electronic Copies?

+
Hello everyone, sorry for the off-topic but the forums would not allow me to create a new discussion.

I was just curious as to why the physical copy of the game is called a physical copy when it says it's a download code?

To me a physical copy of a game is a game on a physical disc that does not require a download of the game from a launcher that needs to be running in the background in order to play a game.

I prefer buying a CD/DVD rather than buying a digital version through steam or gog...

With a actual CD/DVD you don't have to worry about your account becoming corrupt and losing all the purchases you made on that account.

Which had previously happened to me with steam... I lost over $300.00 in games and steam basically told me they couldn't verify my claim of the lost software due to there not being any games on my account and to bugger off.

The representative that I was in contact with was extremely rude.

I would be willing to pay more for a actual CD/DVD copy of the game for the PC to save myself possible future headaches.

I really cannot convey to words on how much I dislike the practice of digital goods especially if you are going to charge the same price as a physical CD/DVD.

I prefer buying a CD/DVD rather than buying a digital version through steam or gog...

GOG is DRM-free. You can just make a copy of any game you download and store it on another hard disk or burn it onto a DVD. You don't need GOG to run those games.

Posts moved to a new discussion.

Good to make it visible! Especially since GOG Galaxy became standard, I think a lot of users forget that they can also download the actual installation packages to save for later. I have a Western Digital Passport drive that I use to save the installation packages for all of my GOG games.

The only thing to do after installing is log online to ensure you have all the latest updates. (Then you can download and save those, too. :))

Top Bottom