Picking up items issues, robot/drone looting issues, items in stash are marked as having 0 stat

+
I can't pick up various items throughout the game. Typically these items are on the floor (especially 'flat' items like letters/notes and the vinyls). It's like they're below the floor so you can't interact with them but you can see them.

Also, I have noticed that with robots and drones, when I loot them, their bodies say they have a common item left to be looted from them, but I hover over the body and no option to loot this common item is presented. Either there is no item there and it says there is, or there is an item and I can't collect it.

Lastly, when I look in my stash, items are said to have 0 for their relevant stat (e.g. damage). I have to move these items to my inventory to see their actual stats. Even then, sometimes the stats seem to change number (e.g. sometimes I will pick up an item at 400ish damage, put it back in the stash, take it back out and it will have 500+ damage).

I can't pick up various items throughout the game. Typically these items are on the floor (especially 'flat' items like letters/notes and the vinyls). It's like they're below the floor so you can't interact with them but you can see them.

Also, I have noticed that with robots and drones, when I loot them, their bodies say they have a common item left to be looted from them, but I hover over the body and no option to loot this common item is presented. Either there is no item there and it says there is, or there is an item and I can't collect it.

Lastly, when I look in my stash, items are said to have 0 for their relevant stat (e.g. damage). I have to move these items to my inventory to see their actual stats. Even then, sometimes the stats seem to change number (e.g. sometimes I will pick up an item at 400ish damage, put it back in the stash, take it back out and it will have 500+ damage).
You're not the only one. These are all bugs that should of been picked up in Q&A testing. As it is we will have to wait for CDPR to fix it or wait for the community of modders to sort it out.

with robots, i think they have two items but if i collect the first one it bugs out and i cant take the other one or i i can't even loot robots in the first place. hold button to collect all works sometimes, no item left after that. save and reloading helps sometimes with looting robots, sometimes i doesnt. yeah buggy xD

I have had this problem and also there have been times where I can't get back to where some bodies have dropped with loot, but there is no way to go back to them. Doors I came through are not able to be opened.

Its so weird, i can only loot drones that give off blue or purple loot, green or that tan color never give me a looting option.

I have also seen the discrepancy between DPS in the inventory screen vs the crafting (upgrade) screen.

Also doing the math, I have found weapons who's stats do not add up as expected. E.g. DPS, Damage, or Rate of Fire do not calculate out correctly.

I have also seen the discrepancy between DPS in the inventory screen vs the crafting (upgrade) screen.

Also doing the math, I have found weapons who's stats do not add up as expected. E.g. DPS, Damage, or Rate of Fire do not calculate out correctly.
I was told by someone else that it is damage per shot you need to look at not DPS.

I was told by someone else that it is damage per shot you need to look at not DPS.
So for clarity, I am saying that if I divide DPS by rate of fire, I do not get the expected damage per shot.

You are saying folks have vetted this out and determined that damage per shot is the stat that is being correctly displayed, and the DPS is not to be trusted?

Cheers choom!

There is definitely a bug where it is sometimes (extremely) difficult to pick up weapons, encountered this many times

Green loot on robots sometimes can be picked up if you move further from the corpse and come back later. Althought, it doesn't work always. I had no such luck at all with white loot.

In Badlands loot (mainly guns) falling into grass becomes unlootable (frequently!). On rare occassions it helps to move further and come back. Loot seems to be repositioned when you approach near it and those few inches right or left from the tuft can make a difference.

Sometimes shooting with shotgun (or granade) to objects (boxes, barrels, trash bins) that are clipping with loot also can help.

This bug with incorrectly calculated DPS of crafting recipes is quite common. Move to other recipe and come back to previous, DPS changes.

What we need a a MAGNITO type implant so we can suck up the object to right in front of the player from a short distance. Once it is floating in front of you you can decide to grab it or drop it from there. Just like the gravity gun in other games.

I suppose the down side are items that are intended to be just barely out of your reach could be exploited. But they manage to take care of this in those other games.

I've run into cases where you kill something, and the loot drops under the game geometry where you can't get to it.

The stuff on the 'body' you can reach, but anything in their hands occasionally falls into the void, you can even sometimes see it bounce a few times before it settles into whatever is under the 'ground'.

Drones and other mechanicals are an issue, for sure. If you can loot them at all, you usually only get one thing from them, with the rest becoming unobtainable immediately after looting the first item.

I'd also like to see some sort of system that lets us decide what we want to pick up in crowded environments. I waste a lot of time picking up and disposing of things I don't care about, just so I can pick up the shards or other important items. It's ridiculous.

With the Robots I had assumed it was a tease because you need a perk to get "more" parts from the robots. There is some perk that gives you more components from drones and robots.

But you guys are saying that this is actually a glitch?

With the Robots I had assumed it was a tease because you need a perk to get "more" parts from the robots. There is some perk that gives you more components from drones and robots.

But you guys are saying that this is actually a glitch?

Yup. I have the perk, and still can't pick up more than one of the items. I get the whole stack, but I can only pick up one, and it's usually the higher grade stuff. If you have a common and an uncommon item, as soon as you loot the uncommon, you lose the common, despite the icon still being there showing the 'body' has loot to claim. The interaction window goes away, and nothing you do brings it back to loot the rest.

I think it may be tied to the issue that prevents people from picking up items on the ground. Most of those are common quality, though I've had a few encounters where it was an uncommon or rare. The majority of the items on the ground that can't be picked up are just junk or consumables that you'd sell or dismantle, but the same issue is tied to those. You never get the prompt to loot them.

Top Bottom