Pickup Item - Bug

+
Hi there,

just started playing CP2077 and encountered a strange bug which prevented me from pickup items. I already read that this is a common bug but as of now I can't continue in the tutorial...

As you can see in the picture something is wierd with the item text and I cannot pickup that item whatsoever - just walking over doesn't work either. I had this bug already outside the garage from the very first mission with common loot but just continued. But now I'm stuck - I have to pickup the item to heal myself to continue but I can't. So I'm standing there...

Any ideas?

Thx,
WW

Attachments

• pickup_bug.jpg
    pickup_bug.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 90

Jep1st

Forum regular
It looks like your interact key used to pick things up is not assigned properly. By default on PC it's F so if you have rebinded key commands, that might be the issue.
So check your key bindings first and see if that helps. Might be best to reset them to default and the rebind what ever you feel like rebinding.

Yep, really strange, it's the same key as you pickup the Lexington and the Ajax rifles (F) or youhave used the one to "equip" them directly ?
Anyway, something wrong in you key bindings for sure.

Items that you can pickup (like junk) doesn't have any infos on the screen.

Thx for the replies, mates. But it doesn't work out. I`ve got the same problem with junk - that weird text and no reaction of the game...

I think the picking up items key is "Primary Interaction"? I remapped that to [END] (playing with arrow keys as the old fart that I am). I remapped all to default key bindings but that left "Primary Interaction" blank... It should be [F]? Well, I remapped it to [F] just for testing but nothing happenend...

Ok, I'm old and dumb - no it's official... I installed CP77 a few months ago and started it for testing and got annoyed that I couldn't remap [F] which I wanted to be [Return] as in always all my games.And found this website: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ka5dp2
Did that and that fecked up my installation obviously. Just put my backup xml back and all works out now.

Sorry for wasting your time! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom