Picture freezing after 3-5 minutes

+
Picture freezing after 3-5 minutes

I have a GTX 770, The first couple of hours I had no issues. Now the screen freezes but the sound and responses continue to the keys. I can keep playing but only see the frozen frame, like a screenshot. I tried the old drivers, running as administrator and changing some of the graphics settings but nothing helps. Sometimes the game drops to desktop after 1-2 minutes of the frozen image, sometimes I have to hit control-alt-del to get to the desktop and stop the game..

I am not sure what else to try.

---------- Updated at 06:59 AM ----------

setting the driver's power management mode to "prefer maximum" seems to have fixed the issue.

I have a GTX 770, The first couple of hours I had no issues. Now the screen freezes but the sound and responses continue to the keys. I can keep playing but only see the frozen frame, like a screenshot. I tried the old drivers, running as administrator and changing some of the graphics settings but nothing helps. Sometimes the game drops to desktop after 1-2 minutes of the frozen image, sometimes I have to hit control-alt-del to get to the desktop and stop the game..

I am not sure what else to try.

---------- Updated at 06:59 AM ----------

setting the driver's power management mode to "prefer maximum" seems to have fixed the issue.

I'm having this exact same problem. Using a GTX 980 here though. It's absolutely ridiculous. Happens every 10 mins or so. Had it happen a few times while I was dismounting, during conversations and I even just had it happen while I was reading a beastiary entry.

EDIT: Saw your update. You just changed it in the Nvidia control panel yeah? I changed it as well. I'll report back if I can get more than 30 mins of uninterrupted gameplay with the change. Are you using the latest NVidia drivers? The one released for Witcher 3?

Last edited:
i feel for u guys... my game is nearly unlayable at all, via an inv bug that locks EVERY time i go in and switch categories....

3 times in 30 min....... i'm pissed....

Well, just had it happen again right in the middle of a convo. Locked up my whole PC. I'm probably going to have to email them about a refund at this point. Crap like this shouldn't be happening.

bump

---------- Updated at 08:45 AM ----------

I have a GTX 970. Setting my power management setting to maximum performance did NOT fix the issue.

bump

---------- Updated at 08:45 AM ----------

I have a GTX 970. Setting my power management setting to maximum performance did NOT fix the issue.

The setting seemed to help for an hour but now I crash every 3-5 mins again, not sure what changed for the worse.

Top Bottom