Pig heart and eyes vs nekker heart and eyes

+
I've gotten all the way to the end and met the wraith, I decided to not let him have Rupert or Gridley and I'm going to trick him with Nekker Eyes and Heart.

I've got the Eyes and Heart, my quest marker is telling me to visit the wraith but I can't even initiate a conversation with him.

Is there something I forgot to do, or is it a bug?

try this thread http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23148-pig-heart-and-eyes-vs-nekker-heart-and-eyes/

I collected both sets yet I can't finish the quest... It won't let me start the conversation with the wraith...

I'd love to try to help, but could you upload a savegame please?

Neither of the earlier two people who reported this seemed to be interested in following it through, so we haven't seen a solution posted. I don't know if the savegame will help or not, but a few new people looking into it may find what triggers this.

You can add a savegame to a post as an attachment if you zip it first.

dragonbird said:
I'd love to try to help, but could you upload a savegame please?

Neither of the earlier two people who reported this seemed to be interested in following it through, so we haven't seen a solution posted. I don't know if the savegame will help or not, but a few new people looking into it may find what triggers this.

You can add a savegame to a post as an attachment if you zip it first.

OK I'll upload my save.

The smallest I can compress my file to is like 900kb. It won't let me upload any bigger than 500. I use 7zip.

You don't need to include the .bmp file, just the .sav itself. That should zip down to below the 500K limit.

dragonbird said:
You don't need to include the .bmp file, just the .sav itself. That should zip down to below the 500K limit.

I zipped the save itself. Non compressed the save is like 2mb, with maximum compress in 7zip it's 974kb.

OK. That idea's out, unless you have somewhere else you can upload it. I hadn't noticed how much variation there was in the .sav size. Thanks for trying anyway.

Back to the problem itself,

- have you tried the alternative entrances (jump down the hole in the floor, climb down)

- looking at possible triggers, how many Hospital-related files do you have in inventory? By now, it's possible to have
Hospital Files I
Hospital Files II
Hospital Files III
Hospital Files IV
Hospital Records
Medical Notes on Patient 15
It's possible that the game won't let you complete the quest if you still haven't found all of these. (They can be seen in the Quest or Book section of your inventory).

Ah hell. Something with this quest is bugged. I lured both of those guys to the wraith and it worked fine... Of course I went back several hours on an autosave to try it.

I think that if you already have the nekker heart and eyes in your inventory instead of going out and killing nekkers and extracting them right on the spot, when you get the quest it bugs it somehow. I tried going in multiple routes, I collected pig heart and eyes too, I went down the ladder, I re-scoped the hospital thinking making I missed some hospital documents but I didn't. The quest is obviously bugged, hopefully they solve it in a patch soon. I know it's not a major bug, but it's annoying.

After spending 2 hours on 1 quest I said the hell with it and now I'm in chapter 2.

Soilborn88 said:
Ah hell. Something with this quest is bugged. I lured both of those guys to the wraith and it worked fine... Of course I went back several hours on an autosave to try it.

I think that if you already have the nekker heart and eyes in your inventory instead of going out and killing nekkers and extracting them right on the spot, when you get the quest it bugs it somehow. I tried going in multiple routes, I collected pig heart and eyes too, I went down the ladder, I re-scoped the hospital thinking making I missed some hospital documents but I didn't. The quest is obviously bugged, hopefully they solve it in a patch soon. I know it's not a major bug, but it's annoying.

After spending 2 hours on 1 quest I said the hell with it and now I'm in chapter 2.

It isn't "having the nekker hearts and eyes already in inventory". I've always been in that situation, and I suspect that most other players have too, given the number of nekkers in the chapter.

So have you reported this to CDPR? There's been four people here who have had the problem. I don't know about Gog, but I haven't seen any posts of problems at Steam or Nexus. Whatever is causing this appears to be very rare.

Heh, the Wraith isn't even there when I go back. Uploaded a save if anyone wants to try playing around with it:

http://www.freefilehosting.net/clawsofmadness

Given it's not the only quest that seems to have misfired (Meletele's Heart was borked - didn't actually appear in my inventory) I'm beginning to suspect there's something screwy going on with the triggers. I think I started the game prior to patching up though, so that could be it. I'm going to try starting a new game to see if it still happens.

Archonsod said:
Heh, the Wraith isn't even there when I go back. Uploaded a save if anyone wants to try playing around with it:

http://www.freefilehosting.net/clawsofmadness

Given it's not the only quest that seems to have misfired (Meletele's Heart was borked - didn't actually appear in my inventory) I'm beginning to suspect there's something screwy going on with the triggers. I think I started the game prior to patching up though, so that could be it. I'm going to try starting a new game to see if it still happens.

Thanks! Downloading now.
Incidentally, what happened with Melitele's Heart? The manual's wrong, not the game. You have to
ask questions about how they got it, then tell them it seems to be cursed/unlucky. Or wait until later and then get it from Newboy's dead body

----------

I'm starting to think this bug is cursed too. Unexpected end of file when un-raring.

Hmm, maybe the save itself is borked? Re-uploaded without raring (actually noticed it only saves a few k)
http://www.freefilehosting.net/manualsave0093

With the heart I went through the quest (saved Newboy) and got the conversation where he gives you it, but it didn't appear in my inventory. Confirmed when talking to the witch, there's no further dialogue options.

Archonsod said:
Hmm, maybe the save itself is borked? Re-uploaded without raring (actually noticed it only saves a few k)
http://www.freefilehosting.net/manualsave0093

With the heart I went through the quest (saved Newboy) and got the conversation where he gives you it, but it didn't appear in my inventory. Confirmed when talking to the witch, there's no further dialogue options.

Got it, and it loads. I'll start experimenting with it after I finish waking up.

With Melitele's Heart, if you saved him and THEN got the conversation where he gives you it, it sounds like you picked the version where there's a mismatch between the manual/walkthroughs and the game. He probably gave you a book on dragons, not the heart. It's unclear on whether this is a bug, or just that the manuals/walkthroughs are wrong. The only way to get the heart is at the first meeting with the Reavers, by telling them it's cursed (or by killing Newboy at the second meeting and looting his body)

-------------------

Seems to be confirmed as a bug if you go for the pigs heart and eyes. From Gog forums:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/bug_in_the_claws_of_madness

I tried the ubersampling solution, and it didn't work, but you may want to try it too as the thread gives some hint that this may be ATI cards only (although why this bug should be in any way related to your GC or Ubersampling is anyone's guess).

I'll give it a try, though I'm using an Nvidia card. If all else fails I think I have a save from before I picked up the pig hearts, I'll see if it is just having both those and the nekker organs.

EDIT - Nope, neither the ubersampling or going back without getting the pig organs worked, the wraith is nowhere to be found ...

It did the same with me, using your savegame, so whatever is causing this is in your savegame and must be happening quite early.

I tried a whole bunch of options with my own savegames - using different routes, not picking things up, but couldn't get it to go faulty.

I'm stumped.

Nice, I also encountered the "The Wraith Is Nowhere To Be Found" bug, glad to hear I am not alone on this (lol).

Here is my original question regarding the bug on GOG:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/in_the_claws_of_madness_quest_bugged

After I bought pig hearts and eyes from the butcher in Flotsam and went back to the old hospital ruins, the Nilfgaardian ghost is no longer there. I turned the whole old hospital upside down and he is nowhere to be found. He seems to have disappeared.
So where do I find him?

Please help.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue here. Had Nekker bits and bob in my bags so quest showed as completed immediately, however after leaving the site, returning and even logging out and in the ghost wont talk to me.

I'm afraid I have no idea how to upload any files, but I was rather hoping someone might be able to confirm if this is a bug with a fix or not. I don't fancy undoing a load of gameplay, but I dont like leaving undone quests either...

Top Bottom