Pillars of Eternity

+

And so it begins.

Now I know I'll like this game.

Edit- Well, It's blown up on Twitter and Josh Sawyer already responded saying 'it's hard to catch everything'. Good fucking lord Obsidian, please show some balls here. The old Fallouts were chock full of brash humor, there's probably lots of it in this game too.

Last edited:

Hopefully, this won't turn into a shitstorm. Even it it was meant to be taken seriously, it's not like the passage describes the man killing the transgendered person and being celebrated for it : / .

I was a backer and I even have the game installed, but damn it, I can't leave Divinity: Original Sin unfinished! It's great to have something new and so promising to look forward to, afterward, though.

@Piluso = Jack_in_the_green?

It's hard to come up with truly original and memorable characters in a fantasy setting, ^snip^

Yeah, Im Jack all right. :p I was naive enough to join accounts with GOG, and they totally erased my name, replaced with the one I used for GOG, six years ago, too late now. *cry*

Im aware Im talking mainly through nostalgia, regarding BGII... :)

Also, does anyone know what you can do to display the layouts of the spells on the screen, before you cast then? Is it a color resolution thing maybe? Cause I dont see them at all, and its bothering me, really.

Also, does anyone know what you can do to display the layouts of the spells on the screen, before you cast then? Is it a color resolution thing maybe? Cause I dont see them at all, and its bothering me, really.
In case you're referring to the Area of Effect highlighting, make sure you have the appropriate option checked.
It's 'Area of Effect Highlighting', under 'Game' settings.

You're out of luck though, if you started with 'Expert Mode' enabled.
This, alongside Area of Effect highlighting cannot not be disabled, unless you start all over again.

Let her fade into obscurity, acknowledging fools just makes your head hurt.

I'm more amused at the amount of bear tweets on their twitter account. Seems to have left an impression.

Damn this game looks complicated. I haven't seen so many stats before! I take it that the combat is turn-based?

Damn this game looks complicated. I haven't seen so many stats before! I take it that the combat is turn-based?

Nope it's real time but with a pause mechanic for tactical maneuvering. It's the isometric view from DA:I done right essentially for a modern comparrison.

Nope it's real time but with a pause mechanic for tactical maneuvering. It's the isometric view from DA:I done right essentially for a modern comparrison.

Also the game speed is automatically reduced to half when a fight starts (you can disable this on the fly if you wish so), so you still can manage many fights without constantly pausing.

Holy. Shit.

Them twitter keyboard warriors are waaaaay to caught up in this "social" crusade of theirs.

I really hope Obsidian prove to have some confidence and don't cave in. Especially when the people who are criticizing them are this batshit crazy. Seriously, they need help. Real help. I have never seen people with such a low threshold about being offended (and, y'know, the lack of self awareness and hypocrisy, as Luxorek showed with the tweets).

[video]http://i.imgur.com/pQ2VhDn.gifv[/video]

I hope they put in another poem just to spite them. It's amusing seeing these overly sensitive people frothing.

As for the game, I'll repeat: The art is fucking amazing. This is a kind of 2D that will remain young for a very long time.

twitter is the gathering point of SJW, I steer clear of that place.

As for PoE, it really looks like a game I would love to play. I'm usually not too into these isometric view old-school wrpgs, simply because they are too confusing for me, with all the skills and whatnot. But this game....I like the way it looks and it does look a little more noob friendly than the older games.

Top Bottom