Pillars of Eternity

+

obsidian.net/la

The page source reportedly contains refs to graphics depicting eight letters from the Engwithan alphabet, which, in a certain order spell out 'Deadfire' (a.k.a. the Deadfire Archipelago?).

Some of the bits and pieces posted by Sawyer on the instagrams and twitters seem to suggest that at least Edér, Aloth and Pallegina will be back in one form or another.

And apparently there is a countdown-sort-of-thing going on at obsidian.net/la, today's splash page seems to be the Aloth-themed one:

That's two down, six to go until the official announcement and/or the Figstarter going live, next Wednesday(?).

schinderhannes.999;n7533900 said:
Some of the bits and pieces posted by Sawyer on the instagrams and twitters seem to suggest that at least Edér, Aloth and Pallegina will be back in one form or another.

I certainly don't feel like I got enough Iselmyr the first time around.

M4xw0lf;n7544350 said:
So... do we get to hunt down the remaining "gods"? Seems a bit grim.

Well, we know that, by the end of the first game, there's at least one dirty ol' bastard who's got one deity in his crosshairs*. That said, even with all the companions knowing what they know, I have a hard time believing (right know) that they can pose a real threat to the gods themselves. Can they throw a wrench into the gods' designs, though? I don't see why not. That's more the impression I'm get'n from all this, anyway.

* Yes, in the first game, this actually depends on your decisions, but who knows what Obsidian will default to in the sequel.

Today's crest and quote seems to hint at one of the new companions, someone military from the Vailian Republics maybe?

M4xw0lf;n7544350 said:
So... do we get to hunt down the remaining "gods"? Seems a bit grim.

JimmyQ;n7546250 said:
Well, we know that, by the end of the first game, there's at least one dirty ol' bastard who's got one deity in his crosshairs*. That said, even with all the companions knowing what they know, I have a hard time believing (right know) that they can pose a real threat to the gods themselves. Can they throw a wrench into the gods' designs, though? I don't see why not. That's more the impression I'm get'n from all this, anyway.

* Yes, in the first game, this actually depends on your decisions, but who knows what Obsidian will default to in the sequel.
During one of the PoE dev/director's commentaries (I think the last one from last week) Sawyer said that they're investigating the possibility of carrying over consequences and world states you left Eora in through some sort of import functionality and we should absolutely hold on to our savegames. Doesn't mean that -everything- will be taken into account, of course. For overall main plot consistency you probably won't get around defaulting to a specific outcome from PoE and go from there.

Hunting down and fighting the 'gods' themselves seems a bit too much, especially for the 2nd installment in what's likely to be an already mapped out trilogy(?). Maybe not all of them (why anyway?) but just one certain 'god' JimmyQ alluded to? Or again, an or, this time around several agents of this particular 'god', like Thaos?

Last edited:
schinderhannes.999;n7547600 said:
Today's crest and quote seems to hint at one of the new companions, someone military from the Vailian Republics maybe?

Could also be Maneha, she's a coastal aumaua and has a pirate past.

Couldn't it be Kana? He is from Rauatai after all...

Rauatai located in the northern part of the world. The culture of Rauatai is aumaua dominated, and it is as technologically-advanced as the Aedyr Empire. The language spoken in Rauatai is non-Indo-Euro in inspiration. Rauatai have a powerful navy, which almost always gains the upper hand in the contested Rauatai Gulf.

Doesn't sound like him either.
Wasn't he like the outlier/black sheep of his family who consciously broke with tradition and didn't pursue a career in the military/navy?

Rauatai would make more sense though, 'hazanui' definitely sounds more Amauan than Vailian/Faux-Italian.

Or no companion at all.

Besides the first three obvious ones they could also be just quotes of key characters you'll encounter along the way. This last one sounds like a chieftain of some sorts?
Naasitaq, the home of the Inuit-like boreal dwarves is actually part of the Deadfire Archipelago.

Also:

[h=1]The Road to Eternity is Now Available on YouTube![/h] The making of Pillars of Eternity documentary, "The Road to Eternity," is now available on our YouTube channel so you can watch anytime! See how Pillars of Eternity came to be from a successful fan-funding campaign all the way through the launch.

eternity.obsidian.net/news/the-road-to-eternity-is-now-available-on-youtube

Top Bottom