Ping Stealth Nerf?

+
Previously you could target devices or people through walls with legendary ping.

Now you can target devices through walls, but not people.

In other words I could "ping" a group of enemies and then zoinks them with shortcircuit or overflame or whatever the hell those spells are called and go take a shit in the park.

But now? Now I actually have to enter the building and do the actual mission. What kind of evil skullfuckery is this?

I demand to know where CDPR gets off expecting me to play their game. I demand answers. Name names!

Previously you could target devices or people through walls with legendary ping.

Now you can target devices through walls, but not people.

In other words I could "ping" a group of enemies and then zoinks them with shortcircuit or overflame or whatever the hell those spells are called and go take a shit in the park.

But now? Now I actually have to enter the building and do the actual mission. What kind of evil skullfuckery is this?

I demand to know where CDPR gets off expecting me to play their game. I demand answers. Name names!
Maybe because CDPR think it's way too overpowered :(
Honestly it is, but even without using it for offensive QHs, I wouldn't have changed it :)

Yeah, the quickhacks got nerfed/rebalanced. My go to Contagion started behaving differently too so I've got to relearn a few things.

The gall! :ROFLMAO:

If stuff is rebalanced/nerfed, CDPR needs to make a clear article discussing what got changed and why. Video game communities don't take well to stealth nerfs.

That would entail a great many "clear articles" considering perhaps the majority of perks, weapons, mods, quickhacks and cyberware to varying degrees underperform, overperform or simply don't perform at all.

You're talking about MMO/PVP communities who fall in love with their overpower, and whose toxic entitlement more often than not incentivizes developers to waste time and resources on buffing the (very) many as opposed to nerfing the (very) few.

Well i kinda get it, it was pretty OP and still is with a tech gun to kill everything trough walls. Thing is, its a single player game. Theres been quite alot of stealth nerfs that kinda feels... useless. The bugged leveling of skills/the price of some trash items/the "exploit" with kareznikov. I get that there bugs but its not a multiplayer enviroment so economy and exploit balancing kinda feels weird.

Oh, I see a group of Tiger Claws threatening some guy in a parking garage. I can see them perfectly and can take them down with quickhacks. But let me just step 3 inches over here and a concrete pillar is between us and suddenly I can't do anything. Too bad for you Mr. Victim. My Wifi Router can work through/around a concrete pillar, but I guess cybernetics send a signal like a 1980s VCR Remote Control.:LOL: Sit a beer can in front of the sensor and your remote is useless.

Honestly, I think if they should have nerfed anything, it should have been range. Maybe ping will allow you to mark hostiles, but you can't use quickhacks on them beyond a set distance. Maybe more advanced decks or better Kiroshi Optics or optical mods could expand the range?

Also, any mods to install that increases resistance to Reveal Position to buy you more time to stop them would be nice.

Oh, I see a group of Tiger Claws threatening some guy in a parking garage. I can see them perfectly and can take them down with quickhacks. But let me just step 3 inches over here and a concrete pillar is between us and suddenly I can't do anything. Too bad for you Mr. Victim. My Wifi Router can work through/around a concrete pillar, but I guess cybernetics send a signal like a 1980s VCR Remote Control.:LOL: Sit a beer can in front of the sensor and your remote is useless.

Honestly, I think if they should have nerfed anything, it should have been range. Maybe ping will allow you to mark hostiles, but you can't use quickhacks on them beyond a set distance. Maybe more advanced decks or better Kiroshi Optics or optical mods could expand the range?

Also, any mods to install that increases resistance to Reveal Position to buy you more time to stop them would be nice.
I like that idea.

I sort of understand nerfing it, because it was super powerful. But on the other hand, hacking through walls is what made the legendary version legendary. Now it's just a gold colored elite hack. I'd prefer that they put it back the way it was, and find some other way to limit it, if they think that's necessary. Your suggestion seems like a good one.

Now it's just a gold colored elite hack
It only concern the enemies, you are able to hack hardware through walls (like camera, turret of simply for distract enemies). It remain an upgrade of the epic one. You can hack a camera and hack enemies with it (not as powerful than before, but still very useful).

Maybe because CDPR think it's way too overpowered :(
Honestly it is, but even without using it for offensive QHs, I wouldn't have changed it :)

If I reach lv50 and have legendary (legendary!) equipment, that cost me money, time and resources to improve it, I WANT to be overpowered at least vs the common scum, because I level up to became a legend of night city, not to stay a random idiot who can't fry 3 common thugs simultaneously with a legendary deck and hacks! If the game look "easy" (but even that... at the higher difficulty a couple of bullets are enough to die even with the best armor...)you can give me better enemies (like special bosses with better AI, stronger weapons, higher life points) to find a better balance in some cases, not suddenly nerf my holy equip effectiveness
Post automatically merged:

I like that idea.

I sort of understand nerfing it, because it was super powerful. But on the other hand, hacking through walls is what made the legendary version legendary. Now it's just a gold colored elite hack. I'd prefer that they put it back the way it was, and find some other way to limit it, if they think that's necessary. Your suggestion seems like a good one.

this!

Last edited:
If I reach lv50 and have legendary (legendary!) equipment, that cost me money, time and resources to improve it, I WANT to be overpowered at least vs the common scum, because I level up to became a legend of night city, not to stay a random idiot who can't fry 3 common thugs simultaneously with a legendary deck and hacks! If the game look "easy" (but even that... at the higher difficulty a couple of bullets are enough to die even with the best armor...)you can give me better enemies (like special bosses with better AI, stronger weapons, higher life points) to find a better balance in some cases, not suddenly nerf my holy equip effectiveness
I'm level 30, street cred 50, legendary cyberdeck (Rippler mk4 my favorite), legendary QHs, Perks in QuickHack skill and enemies are "toasted" with all my QHs in one time.
Contagion decimate enemies as easily as before. Even if the progress bar to locate me is launched, they are all dead before it's completed...

I don't understand the logic behind this change and the greater than 10x reduction to Contagion's initial damage.

Commit to an idea/concept of what netrunning is and realize it. I imagined netrunning as a transformation ability where you switch between real space and net space.

What we got was techno mage spells but whatever. All this change does is make your techno magic worse, your options less.

I like the fighty bits so I chose not to use Legendary Ping or Contagion after experiencing what I felt was hands off gameplay like this: High Level Hacking in Cyberpunk 2077 - YouTube

But that is a personal choice. Some people really like it and in a single player game, you can be as OP as you like. If you want to skip the fighty bits and get to the talky bits sooner, who am I to tell you that you are doing it wrong? Its your imagined world.

These changes don't make netrunning more appealing to those who already don't like it. They don't make it more fun for those who already do like it. They serve no purpose except to narrow the scope of what you can do and what you can imagine is possible in your own damn game. And thats a bad look for any game with RPG in its DNA.

I don't know about damage "nerf", like I said at level 30, they all die anyway with contagion in few seconds :(
But for Ping (and stealth), now maybe you have to be a little more "imaginative" than :
- kill every body through the walls without entering in the building.
Maybe use the new cameo cyberware, use cameras, use "distract enemy".

In my case, stealth netrunner still fun, even without the ability to hack enemies through walls :)

Well, there is the Frontal Cortex cyberware Self-Ice that completely negates enemy hacks every 45 seconds.

Well, there is the Frontal Cortex cyberware Self-Ice that completely negates enemy hacks every 45 seconds.
Maybe I'm wrong, but not useful in this case. "Reveal position" isn't a hack, Self-Ice maybe not affect the chance to being detected.
The only thing who Self-Ice can block is Overheat, in my opinion, the only hack you can receive :(

Top Bottom