Places of Power are disappearing

+
Places of Power are disappearing

Hi Everyone,I just noticed that the Places of Power seem to be gone from my game. I am in the swamp now (late Act 2) and none of them are showing up anymore. They appear on the map and I can hear a tinkling sound when I am in the right spot but they don't appear on-screan. I started playing with patch 1.1a and installed 1.2 when it becane availible. I do have an older save (made on 1.1a) and the Places of Power in the swamp do appear under it but after I use it they are gone again. I found an older thread where this was broght up but there was no solution posted. I do remember in Act 1 that i could use them multiple times.I tried meditating in 24 hour intervals three times in a row- no luck. Also meditated and then when back to town and then back to the swamp (reload the area) with no succes. Yes, I switched the medallion to detect magic and it vibrates but still no on-screan Point of Power.Any feedback would be great.System:E67002 gigs og ramSoundblaster X-fi Xtrem Music8800GTXWindows XP 32 bit

same thing here.if you listen carefully, you will still hear the tinkle indicating that they are nearby. I think what is happening is an error in the script that determines whether or not you still have uses of a power node left on a given day.In any case, I usually find that a quicksave, followed by a quickload when standing next to an "invisible" power node will make it visible again.try that.

Your right - i tried a quicksave and a quickload and they are back. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a savegame made right before I started Act 2 and i am going to try loading it up and see if the problem persists in Act 2. i thought I remember seeing someplace that you might have to restart chapters to avoid problems. i'll report back if it makes any difference.Edit: loaded the save and progressed into Act 2 - the Place of Power in the sewer does not work correctly (even using quicksave and load). Interestlingly enough, in Act 1 (useing the same save) I was able to get the Place of Power outside the cave to return every 24 hours if i entered and then left the cave so it seems that the area needs to reload to "refreash". Not a gamebreaking bug but certainly frusterating. i guess i will need to start a new game over in order to see if this is now a permanent bug introduced with 1.2 or if the problem is a result of continuing a save made under 1.1a.

Thanks for that - I did some experimenting and it does appear to be a buggy script in general. The save and reload tip works most of the time though so I'm not going to worry about it. FYI, the upgrade the allows you to draw from Places of Power more then once a day does work and the onscreen graphic stays correctly untill both uses are gone. Save and reload after that (and 24 hours) to get 'em back. Thanks for your help Sir_Toejam!

Just a theory.. but are you aware that you can only use the place of power once a day ..unless you have it as one of your talents to use it twice a day

Yes, i was aware of that and I have the talent that lets Geralt draw twice per day (which does work correctly). The save and load tip works though so no worries.

Top Bottom