Planned changes to auto-mill functionality

+
It's literally the same as the "mill extras" button. And absolutely the option I will pick, assuming they don't change their plans.
Do you care about premium cards? If yes then how are you going to get your missing ones?

If yes then how are you going to get your missing ones?
The exact same way as I did from when they were added to the game until automill was implemented. :shrug:
Just because you don't like the Standard system does not mean no one else does either. I never wanted it to go away in the first place.

The exact same way as I did from when they were added to the game until automill was implemented. :shrug:
Just because you don't like the Standard system does not mean no one else does either. I never wanted it to go away in the first place.
First milling your normal cards and then create them again to craft premiums?
You are going to lose your resources. Good luck with that.

I'm not a beta player and Stardard setting will waste a lot of my / any other player's resources.

I'm not a beta player and Stardard setting will waste a lot of my / any other player's resources.
But I am and it will not waste mine. I really couldn't care less about what other people prefer; pick whatever option you want and let others do the same.

First milling your normal cards and then create them again to craft premiums?
Wrong.

If I'm wrong then how are you going to get your missing premiums without wasting resources if you are milling your extra normals?
And I don't really see how it's any of your business/concern, anyway. You just want to to argue your point of view, which is extremely narrow. So yeah, choose whatever you want, I really don't care.

I'll just be happy to have the good, old system back. Hopefully for good this time.

And I don't really see how it's any of your business/concern, anyway.
I'm just trying to understand how are you going to develop your full collection of normal and premium cards on Standard mill setting without wasting resources at the same time. The only option on this mode to NOT waste resources is patiently waiting for premiums to drop from kegs. And that can last forever.

Before automill was implemented there was option to NOT use mill. Now there is no such option.
If you were using mill button and then crafting missing premiums you were wasting your resources.

Any news on when this will be implemented?
IMG_20200717_114857.jpg

I'm just trying to understand how are you going to develop your full collection of normal and premium cards on Standard mill setting without wasting resources at the same time. The only option on this mode to NOT waste resources is patiently waiting for premiums to drop from kegs. And that can last forever.

You'll definitely sacrifice some resources if you currently have two standard copies of gold cards. However, when it comes to bronze cards, those are easily replaced with future keg drops. Keep two standard copies now, transmute them when you get the chance, then replace those standard copies with future keg drops. Essentially milling now what would otherwise have been milled later.

For a lot of people, acquiring enough powder for transmuting cards will always be the limitation to their collection. They'll be relying mostly on getting premium drops for legendary (and possibly epic) cards anyhow.

Plus, it's not like you can't change your mind at a later date and switch the focus back to Premium if you want.

What would be even better than the planned Standard system would be having a toggle for the entirety of automill. Milling hundreds of cards at a time was really something, partially because it took a long time to set up. :coolstory:

However, when it comes to bronze cards, those are easily replaced with future keg drops.
Well, NOT so easily. Let me explain: I'm opening kegs by expansion and I would recommend everyone to develop their collection of cards in this way. Why? Because if I get ALL the cards from some older expansion I can switch to the newer one without any hesitation - that way I'm also avoiding card duplicates as much as possible.

That also means that when the system will mill my spare bronzes from some expansion I've already finished then I would need to go back and buy kegs from this "finished" expansion again and get a lot of duplicates for the other cards I already have.

That would be another big waste of resources for me.

Plus, it's not like you can't change your mind at a later date and switch the focus back to Premium if you want.
Yes, you can still go back, but the your "sacrifice" is already done.

Also, it would be better to have "premium focused" option as default one. Why? Because new players do not know "everything" and while they are starting play the game then it can "damage" their "planned collection" every time they enter deck builder.

It's really easy to set the game to "more milling", the other way is... well, "not so sweet".

So it would better for every new player to let them knowingly set any other option than "premium focused" to mill "spare" cards. With "standard" setting as recommended / default game will "more mill" for every player hiddenly from the very start but the new players maybe do not even know what are the true meanings of these mill options (the new players tend to click any options without thinking, just to get faster to the heart of the game).

What would be even better than the planned Standard system would be having a toggle for the entirety of automill. Milling hundreds of cards at a time was really something, partially because it took a long time to set up. :coolstory:
Everything is better than the planned Standard system. Let me quote one of my first posts in this thread:

There are two main types of players:
A) the ones who plan to get full collection of cards (normal and premium versions),
B) the ones who care only about premium versions.

Player type A will select "premium focused", player type B will select "resource focused".

Undecided players should select "premium focused".

Who needs the current "standard mode" setting? Wouldn't be better to get "turn off automill" option instead?
The types of players I described and the questions I asked here are still valid.

Last edited:
I was waiting for more mill options, as I mill stuff by hand to get more scraps. this makes it easier

Hi Guys!

As promised, soon we’re planning to make some changes to the way auto-milling works in the game. Our current plan is to split the milling option into 3 categories:

Premium focused
Keep extra copies of cards (above deck limit) in order to transmute them into premium versions. Recommended for those who want to extend their premium collection.

Standard (Recommended)
This setting enables you to mill all copies which exceed deck limit - premium, as well as standard versions, will be milled separately. Recommended for those looking for a balance between obtaining resources and extending their premium collection.

Resource focused
This setting enables you to mill all extra copies above deck limit with a preference to keep premium versions of cards. Recommended for those looking to quickly obtain resources in order to craft more new cards.
Here is how this will look in-game:
View attachment 11051855
Hope this change will improve your milling experience! Let us know what you think!

I actually would suggest to have the option to mill everything ONCE the full amount of premium card is reached. So instead of having 2 premium plus 2 standard versions, be left with the premium ones AND COMPLETELY HIDE the standard option in deck builder. It's so annoying to see everything duplicated like it is now. Gwent is a CCG after all, and once I collected all the premium cards I'd like to see a nice looking animated collection without duplicates.

And on that note, the cards from the STARTER SET cannot be milled at all, I'd really like the standard version of the card to go away from my deck builder once I obtained the premium version.

What do you guys think?

I actually would suggest to have the option to mill everything ONCE the full amount of premium card is reached. So instead of having 2 premium plus 2 standard versions, be left with the premium ones AND COMPLETELY HIDE the standard option in deck builder. It's so annoying to see everything duplicated like it is now. Gwent is a CCG after all, and once I collected all the premium cards I'd like to see a nice looking animated collection without duplicates.

And on that note, the cards from the STARTER SET cannot be milled at all, I'd really like the standard version of the card to go away from my deck builder once I obtained the premium version.

What do you guys think?

I think that's the Resource Focused option.

you can chose the option in the deckbuilder to view only premium and won't see them. Or the standart setting, view premium, only nonpremium if no premium exists.

Top Bottom