Planned changes to auto-mill functionality

+
So, If I want to keep 2 normal bronzes + 2 Premium bronzes AND 1 Standard Gold + 1 Premium Gold then I must choose Standard Mode? I have a full Premium Collection and I only miss some Normal Gold cards...I don't want to lose anything. Thank you for the answers!

Another example you own 3 Standard Copies of a bronze Card and 1 premium Copy of a bronze Card, in this case it will mill 2 of the standard copies and leaves you with 1 standard copy and 1 premium copy, because you are only able to use 2 copies of a bronze Card in a Deck.
[/QUOTE]

If i may use your example, putting the same scenario into a 'standard' mill will give the same result as the 'resource-based' mill..1 non-premium and 1 premium

Lets say you have 1 non-premium copy and 2 premium copies..'resource based' deletes the non-premium, while 'standard' deletes the non-premium as well.

hence the need to clarify the difference

Resource focussed is great for me, after I have 2 copies of a premium card or a premium gold I don't see the point personally on having the nonpremium version also it would stop the annoying thing with auto deck building of prioritizing non premiums over premiums

So, If I want to keep 2 normal bronzes + 2 Premium bronzes AND 1 Standard Gold + 1 Premium Gold then I must choose Standard Mode?
Yes or Premium focused if you plan on transmute some Cards when the next expansion comes out.
If i may use your example, putting the same scenario into a 'standard' mill will give the same result as the 'resource-based' mill..1 non-premium and 1 premium

Lets say you have 1 non-premium copy and 2 premium copies..'resource based' deletes the non-premium, while 'standard' deletes the non-premium as well.

hence the need to clarify the difference
I'm not sure I follow your question entirely, but I try.

Resource focused

1 standard Gold and one premium Gold = it mills the standard Gold and will only keep 1 premium gold Card.

Standard mode
1 Standard Gold Card and 1 Premium Gold Card = it doesn't mill anything because it treats Standard and premium Copies separately and will only mill them if there is more than one copy of a standard or a premium gold Card.

Last edited:
Yes or Premium focused if you plan on transmute some Cards when the next expansion comes out.

I'm not sure I follow your question entirely, but I try.

Resource focused

1 standard Gold and one premium Gold = it mills the standard Gold and will only keep 1 premium gold Card.

Standard mode
1 Standard Gold Card and 1 Premium Gold Card = it doesn't mill anything because it treats Standard and premium Copies separately and will only mill them if there is more than one copy of a standard or a premium gold Card.

What you're saying makes sense..my point was just that the wording seems awkward (which is ironic since it seems I didn't express myself clearly)

For standard mode, it says mills any copies beyond the deck limit..so you would expect to remain with 1 gold..but then it says premium and standard are separately milled, so no, you actually still remain with 2 golds (premium and non-premium)

So my earlier examples are based on standard and resource mode both keeping you within deck limit (1 gold) in which case you end up with the same result either way

So my earlier examples are based on standard and resource mode both keeping you within deck limit (1 gold) in which case you end up with the same result either way
Not really if you want to keep a standard and a premium Version of a Gold Card you need to select Standard Mode but if you only want to keep one Premium Gold Card you select resource focused and the standard Version of it will be milled if you own the premium version of that Card.

Last edited:
Not really if you want to keep a standard and a premium Version of a Gold Card you need to select Standard Mode but if you only want to keep one Premium Gold Card you select resource focused and the standard Version of it will be milled if you own the premium version of that Card.

yeah..though i hope they make that clearer in the final version for players who dont read your explanation on this forum..doubt i'll be the only one who interprets it the other way lol

Resource Focused is absolutely needed. Not sure why CDPR would even bother with the efforts to roll out the others.

This is a great move, that has been desirable for a long time. Well done to the CDPR Gwent team, for moving in the right direction.

DRK3

Forum veteran
We have to give credit where credit is due, and in this situation the dev team did a good job.

It all started when they implemented a change to the mill system without notice, thinking naively that it would be universally well-accepted, but it pissed off a very vocal minority (and im not criticizing them), that complained and insisted until the devs would address the problem.

So they changed it again, to the current system, and now the other side complained, so we finally got to this point, where we understand that different players want different things and each will get an option that better suits them.

Hopefully this will be the end of the story of the mill system, so that the devs dont lose anymore time with it, time that could be well-spent on, you know, balancing the game *cof cof Skellige cof :ohstopit:

Standard is the half-way mark between premium focus and resource focus. It'll keep up to 2 bronze / 1 gold for both standard and premium versions, but it won't keep extra standard copies to transmute. Premium focus keeps those extra standard copies for you to transmute. Resource focus doesn't keep any copies beyond the bare minimum 2 bronze / 1 gold with a preference towards keeping the premium cards.

For example, if you've currently got 3 standard copies and 1 premium copy of a bronze card then: premium focus would mill nothing, standard would mill 1 standard card, resource focus would mill 2 standard cards.
Thanks a lot.

just curious

if I have 1 premium legendary, 1 standard legendary eg. oneiromancy both premium and standard.

then, I choose resource focus, will it auto dust 1 standard card of my oneiromancy or not?

If yes, then I might need to choose "Standard" rather than "Resource Focused" ?

just curious

if I have 1 premium legendary, 1 standard legendary eg. oneiromancy both premium and standard.

then, I choose resource focus, will it auto dust 1 standard card of my oneiromancy or not?

If yes, then I might need to choose "Standard" rather than "Resource Focused" ?
In your case (when you also care about normal versions) I would select "Premium Focused" instead of Standard.

It will save you a lot of resources (to create missing premiums) while caring about normal cards at the same time.

Stardard option is the worst one (I can't even imagine that any person will select Standard).

Top Bottom